PDA

View Full Version : "New" rifle design via SHOT

WillBrink
02-16-23, 08:24
Who went to to SHOT? Some dang day I will make it. No idea how much reality vs fluff this is, but like the other 99% of "new" designs, likely forgotten in a few years but some people like to collect novel stuff for chits and giggles:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHyq1Fwmgr8

Hank6046
02-16-23, 08:52
I just listened to the first line in the video "this is like how the Ferrari or Maclaren" is made and stopped. I remember the Skeli X11 from 2017 shot show and they had the same schtick, and here we are over 6 years later and nothing to show for it.

WillBrink
02-16-23, 09:43
I just listened to the first line in the video "this is like how the Ferrari or Maclaren" is made and stopped. I remember the Skeli X11 from 2017 shot show and they had the same schtick, and here we are over 6 years later and nothing to show for it.

What he meant by that, and it's accurate, is the way they produce the carbon fiber parts, which are much stronger than how lesser companies will produce carbon fiber parts, which he explains later in the vid. To open with that without context, is eye rolling to be sure.

BoringGuy45
02-16-23, 09:57
Interesting idea to simplify and lighten rifles. Definitely seems gimmicky, but I said that about the MCX, so I’ll wait and see.

hotbiggun42
02-16-23, 10:04
Should have made the upper to fit a standard AR lower. But looks cool