PDA

View Full Version : AAC is back and they are taking your old cans and rebuilding them as new Ranger 7 & 5

themonk
02-17-23, 10:05
This is super interesting for pre 41F trust people that don't feel like buying new cans.

AAC was purchased by JJE Capital Holdings which is the holding company for Palmetto State Armory. They are back up and running now and I saw on Instagram that they will take your old SDN-6, 762SD, 556SD, Mini4, and M42000 and rebuild them as new Ranger 5 (556) and Ranger 7 (762) cans. Some of these older cans are just pigs and cutting the weight, and lowering the back pressure, along with a universal threaded mount where you could use a KeyMo or PLan B sounds good.

You just send techinfo@advanced-armament.com an email and they will send you an RMA and are currently stating 2-4 weeks for the rebuild. May be cheaper to buy a new can but if you don't want to deal with the wait time from the ATF, having them convert existing cans that may just be sitting in your safe may work out for you.

Link to Instagram post - https://www.instagram.com/p/CosSKpqriJY/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Sidneyious
02-17-23, 10:17
This is super interesting for pre 41F trust people that don't feel like buying new cans.

AAC was purchased by JJE Capital Holdings which is the holding company for Palmetto State Armory. They are back up and running now and I saw on Instagram that they will take your old SDN-6, 762SD, 556SD, Mini4, and M42000 and rebuild them as new Ranger 5 (556) and Ranger 7 (762) cans. Some of these older cans are just pigs and cutting the weight, and lowering the back pressure, along with a universal threaded mount where you could use a KeyMo or PLan B sounds good.

You just send techinfo@advanced-armament.com an email and they will send you an RMA and are currently stating 2-4 weeks for the rebuild. May be cheaper to buy a new can but if you don't want to deal with the wait time from the ATF, having them convert existing cans that may just be sitting in your safe may work out for you.

Link to Instagram post - https://www.instagram.com/p/CosSKpqriJY/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Good to see they are fixing a certain mans bad business ideas.
Im sure many others will do this to keep old cans in the future considering how hard it is to off load a can.

rushca01
02-17-23, 10:41
I just sent them an email. I had ECCO machine convert my 7.62SD and 7.62 SDN6 to bravo threads so not sure they will do anything now.

themonk
02-17-23, 10:46
I just sent them an email. I had ECCO machine convert my 7.62SD and 7.62 SDN6 to bravo threads so not sure they will do anything now.

They said in the comments on Instagram that it's not a problem.

Todd.K
02-17-23, 12:05
Good to see they are fixing a certain mans bad business ideas.

The nerve of that guy, building and selling a bunch of stuff that people wanted to buy.

markm
02-17-23, 12:13
What about us M4-1000 boat anchor owners?

themonk
02-17-23, 12:26
What about us M4-1000 boat anchor owners?

I would ping them. Looks like they are just cutting away the serial number and adding that part to the new can. Kind of an awesome idea.

rushca01
02-17-23, 12:42
I’m sending mine in. I already Ecco do the mount conversation but this gives me the new stack and greatly reduces the length of my 7.62 SD which is LONG.

utahjeepr
02-17-23, 16:28
I would ping them. Looks like they are just cutting away the serial number and adding that part to the new can. Kind of an awesome idea.

Well that's an interesting "rebuild" practice. I wish someone would offer to rebuild my truck like that. ;)

All I can say is good on them for offering it up as an option. I mean they could have just bought the name and told legacy owners to pound sand.

themonk
02-17-23, 16:40
Well that's an interesting "rebuild" practice. I wish someone would offer to rebuild my truck like that. ;)

All I can say is good on them for offering it up as an option. I mean they could have just bought the name and told legacy owners to pound sand.

I think they need some way to get new cans out there. If some of the old owners of AAC cans do this and are happy they will tell people about the new cans and hopefully create some buzz (just my theory). I wish all suppressor manufacturers would do this. I would have no issue paying full price or even more from manufacturers to bring me up to date with rebuilds and just keep my existing stamp info.

Sam
02-17-23, 20:37
They rebuild/convert the old cans for free? or is there a charge?

themonk
02-17-23, 20:44
They rebuild/convert the old cans for free? or is there a charge?

You have to pay.

Sam
02-18-23, 08:09
Do you know how much?

markm
02-18-23, 08:28
One of the LOUDEST cans we shoot is an SDN-6. Pappabear doesn't even bring it out anymore. I bet he'd be interested in this.

rushca01
02-18-23, 08:51
Do you know how much?

700 per can is what they quoted me. It’s a brand new can basically. 2 week turnaround is what they also quoted.

ETA: I thought years and years ago a company got in trouble for rebuilding cans? Perhaps they were re-stamping the serial number on a new piece of metal and here they are using the actual piece which is the difference.

Sam
02-18-23, 09:18
Thank you.

markm
02-18-23, 18:29
ETA: I thought years and years ago a company got in trouble for rebuilding cans?

They did. But that was with the old crew of assclowns remaking Gemtech's garbage and just using the serial number info.

themonk
03-13-23, 08:10
I sent in my SDN6 and got a rebuild / new Ranger 7 in about two weeks. Weighs around 15oz. Comes with a direct thread for 5/8-24 but accepts all 1.375-24 mounts (omega mounts) although the Q plan b does not fit as the sidewalls are too high. I will have to have my mount machined down to work. Going from 8" & 22oz down to 6.75 and 15oz on the same stamp is awesome. In talking with the AAC guys, it is supposed to have much less backpressure. I only shot it a little this weekend on an SBR as I just got in a new Staccato P that is taking up all my time.

https://i.imgur.com/byKF4i2l.jpg

rushca01
03-13-23, 08:25
Mine are arriving tomorrow.

I sent in a SDN 6 and an old SD, both in 7.62. I kept the SDN6 the same overall dimensions but I had them turn the SD into a “mini” as that old SD was fairly long. Interesting, I got a phone call on Thursday stating that ran into issues with my SD. Apparently the original welds were giving way and the metal was contaminated with lead, this can had a pretty low round count so the original AAC welds were garbage…. They said they did the best they could welding it back but couldn’t use their laser welder and had to use filler. It won’t win beauty contests but they said it’s fully warrantied.

themonk
03-13-23, 08:28
Interesting. I thought about both those options. Chopping it down to make a 762 K can seems like a great idea. I will be interested in what it weighs.

The Dumb Gun Collector
03-13-23, 20:20
I wonder if they will rebuild old Ti-Rants?

themonk
03-13-23, 20:40
I wonder if they will rebuild old Ti-Rants?

Yes, they said they would give you new baffles, although I think they will all be stainless.

VIP3R 237
03-13-23, 20:43
Yes, they said they would give you new baffles, although I think they will all be stainless.

If it’s 17-4 then that’s not a bad thing besides weight.

matemike
03-14-23, 08:31
M42000 and 762-SDN-6 owner here.
I have the 51t AAC mounts for both cans on several different bolt guns and ar's.

Does this rebuild include the new muzzle devices/adapters to cover all my uses? (7 different guns in total) Or would I have to send in my brakeouts and blackouts too? One of the brakeouts with the half brake single baffle is just about shot out, the baffle is thin thin now and the diameter of the hole pass-through is getting bigger.

themonk
03-14-23, 09:30
M42000 and 762-SDN-6 owner here.
I have the 51t AAC mounts for both cans on several different bolt guns and ar's.

Does this rebuild include the new muzzle devices/adapters to cover all my uses? (7 different guns in total) Or would I have to send in my brakeouts and blackouts too? One of the brakeouts with the half brake single baffle is just about shot out, the baffle is thin thin now and the diameter of the hole pass-through is getting bigger.

They have a new mount for the 51T. I don't think it's included with the can but they'll probably cut you a deal.

TMS951
03-14-23, 16:39
One of the brakeouts with the half brake single baffle is just about shot out, the baffle is thin thin now and the diameter of the hole pass-through is getting bigger.

That’s interesting info. How many rounds do you think? How many of those with a can on?

Thanks!

rushca01
03-14-23, 18:20
Got my cans back today. SDN-6 turned out perfect. The SD which is not a “mini 7” with just 4 inches added to the length of the flash hider although rough looking due to the welds is nice and handy. I plan to shoot the piss out of the mini 7 to see if it holds up, it’s fully warrantied so not sure what happens if it blows up. Form 2 and they send a new one to me?

matemike
03-15-23, 05:31
~4000 rounds
11.5" BCM barrel
probably 3800 of those were suppressed.

I'm basing what I call "erosion" of the single baffle by comparing it to a new one. Could be the first one that I used a lot was made this way, but they are different. The old one has a large hole, the entrance to the hole is conical shaped and the baffle is thinner than an unused one I have in a parts box. The unused one has a tighter hole, is smooth faced and flat, no inverted cone entrance.