PDA

View Full Version : Jim Crow North Carolina

jsbhike
02-17-23, 16:59
More plantation mindset

https://youtu.be/R1nbFqwhuUU

The_War_Wagon
02-17-23, 21:06
It's a $5/pistol cash cow for the county SD's - they don't wanna give it up!

AKDoug
02-17-23, 22:00
This is one of my favorite weapons when verbally jousting with liberals. The states that have enacted constitutional carry and removed roadblocks for firearms ownership are the leaders in civil rights progress.

jsbhike
02-18-23, 08:30

Around 4:48 she mentions most NC sheriffs supporting the repeal.

chuckman
02-18-23, 09:20

Around 4:48 she mentions most NC sheriffs supporting the repeal.

The state sheriffs' association was against it for a LONG time; now they are for it, which should help. We tried this last year (maybe year before) but didn't have enough republicans in the legislature to override a veto. This time they think they do. The governor is a douche about it, and the state anti-gun groups are all "it's going to be the wild west out there," the same as they were when we finally got concealed carry. They get pissed when it's framed as a Jim Crow-era, racist law.

Also, speaking of antiquated laws, NC had a single county, out of 100, where the county law was that you must register your handgun with the sheriff's department. That county was mine. No one, and I mean NO one, registered their gun with the sheriff, and the sheriff's department didn't care. I believe they finally took that off the books a couple years ago.

FromMyColdDeadHand
02-18-23, 10:03
Jim Crow 1.0. Protected by the OG Jim Crow party, the democrats...

If it saves just one life... but of course slavery would save a lot of young black men's lives from gun violence.... Not a good test to use to take away people's civil rights.

WillBrink
02-18-23, 10:22
All gun laws, by their origins, nature, and intent, are racist and or elitist. Always a must watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nckgyfGbdnU&t=70s

Part II:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g7TbxkJuqA&t=2s

john armond
02-18-23, 15:19
The state sheriffs' association was against it for a LONG time; now they are for it, which should help. We tried this last year (maybe year before) but didn't have enough republicans in the legislature to override a veto. This time they think they do. The governor is a douche about it, and the state anti-gun groups are all "it's going to be the wild west out there," the same as they were when we finally got concealed carry. They get pissed when it's framed as a Jim Crow-era, racist law.

Also, speaking of antiquated laws, NC had a single county, out of 100, where the county law was that you must register your handgun with the sheriff's department. That county was mine. No one, and I mean NO one, registered their gun with the sheriff, and the sheriff's department didn't care. I believe they finally took that off the books a couple years ago.

They did take that one Jim Crow era law off the books in your county regarding registration and were supposed to destroy all the registrations in possession but anti-gun groups fought the destruction of the registry stating they were “historical documents.” I’m not sure what ever became of that part though.

Harpoon
02-18-23, 16:51
Looks like the Jim Crow laws were prophetic. 'They' are committing most of the murders and violent crime now days. Despite being a small percentage of the population.

AKDoug
02-18-23, 17:02
Looks like the Jim Crow laws were prophetic. 'They' are committing most of the murders and violent crime now days. Despite being a small percentage of the population.

Knock off the racist bullshit. Regardless if "they" are committing the most crimes, until "they" actually commit a crime they have the EXACT same natural rights, protected by the constitution, that the rest of us have. Jim Crow wasn't prophetic, it was racist and elitist when it was enacted and it still is.

WillBrink
02-18-23, 17:15
Looks like the Jim Crow laws were prophetic. '

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2y8Sx4B2Sk

They' are committing most of the murders and violent crime now days. Despite being a small percentage of the population.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.-"

What part of that is difficult to understand? Seems as straight forward as "Shall Not Infringe" to me.

Harpoon
02-18-23, 17:23
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2y8Sx4B2Sk

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.-"

What part of that is difficult to understand? Seems as straight forward as "Shall Not Infringe" to me.

Historically speaking, when that was written 'they' were not men, but property.

WillBrink
02-18-23, 17:29

And? It has no bearing on the sentence and was a stain on the nation as to it's spirit and intent by ignoring the Const, just as banning firearms is/was. They were men, and are men. Now what?

jsbhike
02-18-23, 17:29

The elites of the present view you the same way.

Averageman
02-18-23, 18:25
The elites of the present view you the same way.

We've went from race to class and thought segregation.

ViniVidivici
02-18-23, 21:57

Not so fast chief.

As a white person , I can attest that WHITE people are the ones ruining this country.

Antifa is mostly white.

Here in WA, most of the tweaker dirt bags are white. Most of the scumbag street people I see every day in the city are white.

Most of the idiots egging on the false racism narrative with BLM and all that crap are white.

The ONE BLM idiot-protest/march we had in our podunk town was all WHITE. A bunch of dumb**** screaming white karen's.

The idiots "in charge" of this state, and what's left of this nation, are mostly white, and RUNNING IT INTO THE GROUND.

So many of the criminals in our area are aimless white shitbags.

The Mexicans and black guys I work with just work, and work hard. The whites are young inept idiots for the most part.

White people are the main ones ruining this country. Prove me wrong.