PDA

View Full Version : Holosuns Are Now Battle Proven

Jellybean
02-19-23, 11:14
https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/114u66s/the_full_version_of_the_video_with_a_ukrainian/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

The 'Kranian conflict has been...interesting to watch unfold for sure. And in typical "real war" fashion we're seeing both sides cast about for literally anything and everything that can be pressed into service RTFN.
If you've seen any of the combat footage, you've noticed holosun optics popping up everywhere (the last most viral one was the 240 gunner suppressing for the squad assault).
The linked above is the latest - lone guy in a trench going full metal Rambo fending off a Russian assault with a variety of weapons, including a few holosun-equipped AKs.
It seems one can assume, if they can survive being tossed around a trench for God knows how long, they can probably survive a "high stress" carbine class or several...

Looks like now is the time to buy Holosun stocks. :cool: ;)

JimP
02-19-23, 11:19
I guess if you're into supporting the Chinese, knowing some of the funds will go to their military and inevitably against our own forces......go ahead.

rushca01
02-19-23, 11:47
I guess if you're into supporting the Chinese, knowing some of the funds will go to their military and inevitably against our own forces......go ahead.

I’m with you on this, I just can’t get behind the holoson movement no matter how many SME’s and social media gunfluencers use them. I just can’t. I get that things I use in my daily life are made in china etc.. but I just can’t get behind this. It’s like using tik tok…just no.

FromMyColdDeadHand
02-19-23, 12:09
https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/114u66s/the_full_version_of_the_video_with_a_ukrainian/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

The 'Kranian conflict has been...interesting to watch unfold for sure. And in typical "real war" fashion we're seeing both sides cast about for literally anything and everything that can be pressed into service RTFN.
If you've seen any of the combat footage, you've noticed holosun optics popping up everywhere (the last most viral one was the 240 gunner suppressing for the squad assault).
The linked above is the latest - lone guy in a trench going full metal Rambo fending off a Russian assault with a variety of weapons, including a few holosun-equipped AKs.
It seems one can assume, if they can survive being tossed around a trench for God knows how long, they can probably survive a "high stress" carbine class or several...

Looks like now is the time to buy Holosun stocks. :cool: ;)

That guy in the Trench was a baller, and how nice he brought his Gun Valet with him to keep him fashionably supplied...

I see some people pick on the second guy, but where was everyone else????

Sam
02-19-23, 13:49
- lone guy in a trench going full metal Rambo fending off a Russian assault with a variety of weapons, ...

I saw this on a twitter link somebody sent me, the first time I watched it was with the volume off so I thought Ramboskyy was the only one shooting in the trench. But when I went back to watch it with sound, I noticed the sound of the machine gun burst while he was shooting the RPG. So there's at least another person shooting.

I did wonder about the "loader" dude, but after reading the comments I see why he was doing that. Kind of like that dude in "Saving Private Ryan" Corporal Upham that froze in combat.

I was wondering when Ramboskyy was going to accidentally shoot "Uphamskyy in the head.

Jellybean
02-19-23, 16:07
That guy in the Trench was a baller, and how nice he brought his Gun Valet with him to keep him fashionably supplied...

I see some people pick on the second guy, but where was everyone else????

"Trench Squire" is the moniker bestowed to guy #2 by the internet.
To be blunt, if that's the current standard for "froze up", well... I'd rather have a second shooter, but I'll take it. At least he kept the correct ammo coming when called for.
UNLIKE Upham... lol

As far as "everyone else", well... it's not socially acceptable to say 'round these parts, but... "Kranian army not as stronk as propaganda say... Also, I am assuming this is current week, and the Rooskies are currently (attempting to) mounting an offensive. So there are a lot of areas where the line is thin, morale is low, and a very real threat of breakthrough by the Russians, who are also a lot more on-par with the average Ukr grunt than propaganda say...

chuckman
02-19-23, 18:32
"I can't have this optic", said on the iPhone watching TikTok....

chuckman
02-19-23, 18:52
I’m with you on this, I just can’t get behind the holoson movement no matter how many SME’s and social media gunfluencers use them. I just can’t. I get that things I use in my daily life are made in china etc.. but I just can’t get behind this. It’s like using tik tok…just no.

At least you own your hypocrisy.... I respect that.

TMS951
02-19-23, 19:01

What are the better American made alternatives I can purchase to my iPhone?

F Chinese made crap, like holosun, I can buy American or European made.

My phone? I’ll admit apple kinda got me by the Balls.

Inkslinger
02-19-23, 19:05
At least you own your hypocrisy.... I respect that.

I guess if I get a holosun it will steal information from my Trijicons, Aimpoints, and Eotechs. Or maybe those three companies will stop resting on their laurels and put out products that don’t make holosuns so appealing. The hypocrisy in the Chinese products discussion is staggering for sure.

militarymoron
02-19-23, 19:24
The hypocrisy in the Chinese products discussion is staggering for sure.
Most likely typed on Chinese-made keyboards too...

Diamondback
02-19-23, 20:18
I guess if I get a holosun it will steal information from my Trijicons, Aimpoints, and Eotechs. Or maybe those three companies will stop resting on their laurels and put out products that don’t make holosuns so appealing. The hypocrisy in the Chinese products discussion is staggering for sure.

Chicoms are like income taxes and carcinogens. It's almost impossible to ELIMINATE them from your life, but you CAN take steps to minimize your exposure.

Inkslinger
02-19-23, 20:28
Chicoms are like income taxes and carcinogens. It's almost impossible to ELIMINATE them from your life, but you CAN take steps to minimize your exposure.

Good luck with that. Here’s the thing, I get it. I do try to buy as little Chinese produced goods as possible. But when it comes to things like holosuns, it’s hard not to. I have yet to buy one, but I most likely will, and I’ll tell you why. They produce a product that is more attractive to me than any of the other respected brands of optics. I have found in my rifle shooting as I age, that an Eotech reticle is faster for me to pick up than an Aimpoint dot. I imagine this would also translate to my pistol shooting. So if Trijicon would step up their game, I would happily replace my rmr for a new one with an Eotech style reticle. Until that day comes holosun is the only company offering me what I want. So I guess I should just be slower and less accurate with a firearm I carry for the protection of myself and my loved ones over buying a product from China.

hotbiggun42
02-19-23, 21:18
Chinese AKs, SKSs, red dots, Ammo All good to go.some of you guys missed the good ole days of Chinese firearm imports

yoni
02-20-23, 06:10
I gave in after shooting a friends Holosun. I bought a 509T, it didn't last a year before it had problems.

I sent it back and they did fix it. But it is on my CZ P10f comp. pistol, which is a game gun.

Real guns on pistols carry Leupold Delta micro and long guns are Aimpoints.

Now I have watched the video and 2 things in the video, all he was doing was full auto mag dumps with gangster American intercity gun shooting techniques. It was getting the same results out of the iron sight aK as the one with a red dot. A lot of noise and little to no hits. Second he was great at sweeping his gun handler.

yoni
02-20-23, 06:22
double tap

Adrenaline_6
02-20-23, 09:27
Therein lies the problem that most don't get or refuse to.

Like the auto industry, blindly buying products because of where it's made stifles innovation of those companies that are blindly followed. They don't feel the need to keep up, because fanboys or loyal followers make it possible for them to do business wise. In the long run, you hurt the company, competition and product innovation. Buying something else forces them to get their sh*t together. I am all for US made products, but giving them a free ride is a no go from me.

Anyway, the amount of money that comes from Holosun is miniscule compared to everything else China sells. Boycotting Holoson does absolute zero.

Hush
02-20-23, 10:22
My dad feels the same way about China and Chinese products. Sure, we can make a stand and draw our line and harrumph about it....but face it, our own government is already bought and corrupted by those red bastards. Politicians are compromised, agendas are our of our hands....your hundred dollar optic isn't going to be to the knife in our back, it's already there planted by the hacks running this country for the last few decades. So if you don't want to drop $700 for an aimpoint, go ahead and get that holosun and enjoy it. And if the big game ever kicks off, appreciate the irony in getting to use it against those who screwed us.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Inkslinger
02-20-23, 10:30
My dad feels the same way about China and Chinese products. Sure, we can make a stand and draw our line and harrumph about it....but face it, our own government is already bought and corrupted by those red bastards. Politicians are compromised, agendas are our of our hands....your hundred dollar optic isn't going to be to the knife in our back, it's already there planted by the hacks running this country for the last few decades. So if you don't want to drop $700 for an aimpoint, go ahead and get that holosun and enjoy it. And if the big game ever kicks off, appreciate the irony in getting to use it against those who screwed us.

The American people need to carry some of the blame as well. Our desire for cheap goods was a huge driving factor that brought us to where we are now. That desire is very unlikely to change anytime soon or ever.

markm
02-20-23, 10:48

I'll take a holosun, but You will NEVER catch me with an Iphone or Using TitTok because both of those things are ghay as fuhk!

HKGuns
02-20-23, 12:09
Kind of funny how China has ended up such a Commie pariah considering they were allied with us against the Japs who committed atrocities against the Chinese as well as us.

People don’t think twice about buying Jap cars.

My WW2 vet FiL wouldn’t buy anything made in Japan.

I ain’t down with the Chi-coms either as they’re stealing commie bastages.

t1tan
02-20-23, 13:50
Aimpoint has been my go to red dot in the past, but I've bought four Holosuns since they've started releasing closed emitter designs and plan for more. I couldn't give less of a **** where they're from, "cHiNa" or otherwise, the brand offers features and models others don't or can't at twice or more the price offering nothing better.

10 years ago I would have never considered them, but it's obvious they're working hard at improving quality while constantly adding functionality, show one other brand that is putting as much effort into their red dot products.

titsonritz
02-20-23, 13:55
I wonder what their failure rate is under "battle" conditions. Personally, I'll be sticking with Aimpoint and Triijcon, I know I can trust them.

BrigandTwoFour
02-20-23, 14:16
Good luck with that. Here’s the thing, I get it. I do try to buy as little Chinese produced goods as possible. But when it comes to things like holosuns, it’s hard not to. I have yet to buy one, but I most likely will, and I’ll tell you why. They produce a product that is more attractive to me than any of the other respected brands of optics. I have found in my rifle shooting as I age, that an Eotech reticle is faster for me to pick up than an Aimpoint dot. I imagine this would also translate to my pistol shooting. So if Trijicon would step up their game, I would happily replace my rmr for a new one with an Eotech style reticle. Until that day comes holosun is the only company offering me what I want. So I guess I should just be slower and less accurate with a firearm I carry for the protection of myself and my loved ones over buying a product from China.

This is my issue, too.

I would love to eliminate chinesium products wherever I can- but sometimes there just aren't reasonable options. What is "resonable" is up for debate, but for most people without the backing of government pockets, nice optics not made in china are a very rare purchase.

Red dots aside, just look at the prism optic market. Trijicon is effectively the only non-chinesium option left for most people (Elcan notwithstanding, and they're even more expensive) and they're getting left in the dust. They only care about .gov contracts and it shows with their lack of innovation. In the meantime, the companies doing imports with chinese OEMs are fling ahead with better reticle designs, more widespread illumination options, adjustable eyepieces for people without the vision of an 18 year old grunt, and still more than good enough glass. And they're doing it for less than $400.

With dots, you're either at $460 on the low end (Aimpoint PRO), or $700-$800+ for an EOTech or Aimpoint M5. For most people, that's a once-in-a-lifetime purchase much less equip everything in their safe with it. We could argue that they should take their safety more seriously, but that argument falls flat when consider that we're the outliers and businesses can't survive just making money from outliers.

ChattanoogaPhil
02-20-23, 15:36
With the price of ammo these day it makes sub $1k optics look relatively affordable.

The Dumb Gun Collector
02-20-23, 17:28
I have been surprised that the Russians keep wasting money on Ak-12s when they would be better served by some RS-regulate rails and some $90 Holsuns on their old 74s. But honestly, the war over there is so brutal, I sort of see why so few people are even bothering with optics. Most of this seems to be artillery and trench wars. I wonder if you could keep zero on any kind of AK mount considering how rough the weapons are being handled over there? Plus the constant rain, mud, etc. I have no desire to see conditions like that.

Jonnyt16
02-20-23, 18:01
Ditto. And everyone can call me a hypocrite too I don't care. When it comes to my guns, Chinese made optics will not be attached to them. Period.

Hush
02-20-23, 18:09
Communist China is more on our side than our own federal government and elected politicians.

Sidneyious
02-20-23, 20:40
I have a German (p4xi)
I have a Philippines (PA glx 2.5-10)
I have a USA (rm-06)
I have a ChYnA (HS-503cu)
Another ChYnA (hs503-cu)
Another ChYnA (hs-508t)

Looking to buy a pst and another 508t in the coming months and hope I can finish this upper so I boat accident 2

This was typed on a chyna product x5, not sure about the lg tv my pc is hooked up to.

Adrenaline_6
02-20-23, 23:03
I wonder what their failure rate is under "battle" conditions. Personally, I'll be sticking with Aimpoint and Triijcon, I know I can trust them.
Have you seen the abuse Sage Dynamics puts optics through?

There is a white paper on his site that lists all failures ...what they were...round count. Trijicon is on it as well as the Acro. You will be surprised.

https://www.sagedynamics.org/

vicious_cb
02-20-23, 23:19

There is a white paper on his site that lists all failures ...what they were...round count. Trijicon is on it as well as the Acro. You will be surprised.

Exactly, they always have been combat proof even before 2020. Now they're even pushing into the fusion market with their red dot thermal sight that took Steiner years to develop and costs like $10k per optic.

Thats the problem with the mfgs who those phat military contracts like Aimpoint and Trijicon, they stop innovating. Their newest offering are a joke and shot show and after shot show all we get is the same pistol red dot that just "fixes" the bugs from their botched release from the previous version.

Watrdawg
02-21-23, 10:31

Feel the same way. I'd gladly go back to a RMR if they would go to an Eotech style reticle. I had a REALLY REALLY hard time going to a Holosun but since I've done so I've bought 2 more and my RMR's are sitting in the gun safe.

.45fan
02-21-23, 11:09
Aaron at sage dynamics is paid damn good money to convince gullible people to sell out and buy Chinese garbage.

Sad to see he is doing a great job of it.

Hopefully one of you got your name on the recent balloons or some other anti American things that country offers.

Disciple
02-21-23, 11:17
Aaron at sage dynamics is paid damn good money to convince gullible people to sell out and buy Chinese garbage.

Can you support that accusation?

LowSpeed_HighDrag
02-21-23, 11:20

Hopefully one of you got your name on the recent balloons or some other anti American things that country offers.

Interesting. I can put you in touch with Aaron and you two can discuss this in person. Care you PM your name and phone number or do you want to remain anonymous and make allegations with nothing to support them?

yoni
02-21-23, 11:47

Unless he is totally corrupt and does a ton of editing and based on him reporting on things that don't pass him bashing them. You should delete your post which should not have been posted to begin with.

Do I think Holosun for the long term good of the company needs to move all production out of China yes I do. Do I also know that China is no longer the best value in labor, yes I do. So for the sake of better products and profit I would tell them to start making things outside of China.

titsonritz
02-21-23, 12:07

And yet Yoni had one die in less than a year, I know a few other people that had the same issue. Sure "Lifetime Warranty" and all that, reminds me of Taurus, I don't buy their shit either.

TMS951
02-21-23, 12:48
And yet Yoni had one die in less than a year, I know a few other people that had the same issue. Sure "Lifetime Warranty" and all that, reminds me of Taurus, I don't buy their shit either.

People always forget ‘lifetime’ warranty is only for the life of the company….

yoni
02-21-23, 12:59
I will say this my original RDS was a DR. Optic bought in the spring of 2001, it is still going strong on my sons carry pistol.

I have had a minor connection issue with a old RMR, but I was able to fix it.

So far my Leupold Delta micros, have been trouble free. Remember 2 of them are on 357 sig pistols which is much higher pressure than 9mm.

Then my Aimpoint micros of my rifles have never given me an issue.

But the Holosun 509T crapped out and would no longer allow the brightness to be changed. Life time warranty, great it is going on my game pistol not a for real pistol.

02-21-23, 13:19

It happens. I had to return a RMR out of the box, and got smoked in the forehead with the repaired one (incorrect screws included), and GTF425 had a lens pop out of his, too. No pistol dot model has a perfect track record.

As for Cowan being a shill, I disagree. He documents his testing on video, and when he is talking about a product from a company that pays him, he is quick to make that clear. I feel that that accusation against the dude that wrote the book on duty use of pistol RDS is made from a position of ignorance. He has a strong reputation for honesty.

If you just don’t want to buy a Chinese product, I’d be the last to fault you for that.

titsonritz
02-21-23, 14:24
It happens. I had to return a RMR out of the box, and got smoked in the forehead with the repaired one (incorrect screws included), and GTF425 had a lens pop out of his, too. No pistol dot model has a perfect track record.

I get that, but from what I've seen/read/heard Holosun has a higher failure rate than what I am current using (Trijicon RMRs and Aimpoint Micros/Acros).

As for Cowan being a shill, I disagree. He documents his testing on video, and when he is talking about a product from a company that pays him, he is quick to make that clear. I feel that that accusation against the dude that wrote the book on duty use of pistol RDS is made from a position of ignorance. He has a strong reputation for honesty.

I know you're not quoting me here, as I've never said he was and I tend to agree with what you're saying here.

If you just don’t want to buy a Chinese product, I’d be the last to fault you for that.

Not going to lie, that is HUGH part of it, but not all of it (see above). If I can avoid Chinese products I will.

Jellybean
02-21-23, 14:58
Communist China is more on our side than our own federal government and elected politicians.
No they're not.
Both are equally hostile.

Ok Boomer.

I gave in after shooting a friends Holosun. I bought a 509T, it didn't last a year before it had problems.

I sent it back and they did fix it. But it is on my CZ P10f comp. pistol, which is a game gun.

Real guns on pistols carry Leupold Delta micro and long guns are Aimpoints.
I refuse to go lower than the Primary Arms SLX branded stuff - I hope that their QC will ensure better results, and at least some of my money goes to a USA company. .

That being said...
The Votex Sparcs @ $200 suck. I watched one kill itself over an afternoon in a light misting rain. No other optic in that class had a problem.
Leupold wants $300 bucks for their "Freedom" RDS, which also sucks.
And so forth - all other "not-Chyna" budget options are either more expensive and/or share the same level of potential failure.
Apparently, after years of failures, Eotechs are now magically GTG since they changed their logo...

For most of the gun community in current conditions, the chance that a HS optic might not last a year under normal use is offset by the fact that most of them do, and there is a forever warranty if not.
For most of the gun community, if things go to shit, they'll be dead before they have time see if it lasts the entire apocalypse...
So.... why would people NOT just go buy a Holosun, especially when they get more and more competitive with established brands by the year?
There is a reason people are buying the Holosuns, not the Leupolds....

I would MUCH rather they were made by a more friendly country.
Having owned my share of Aimpoints, Eotechs, Surefire, blah blah blah high speed stuff, yeah, I'd MUCH rather have those more polished options, But...
Over the years I've also come to realize, the wallet always wins, and to bust out the tired Sherman Vs Tiger meme, quantity has a quality all it's own, and sometimes good enough is good enough...
Which, to circle back around to the topic of this thread, IMO, is exactly what we are seeing in Ukraine.

Ironically, between the proliferation of the Holosuns and DJI drones. let alone other things, it seems China found the perfect way to profit off both sides. Clever little buggers... :laugh:

Now I have watched the video and 2 things in the video, all he was doing was full auto mag dumps with gangster American intercity gun shooting techniques. It was getting the same results out of the iron sight aK as the one with a red dot. A lot of noise and little to no hits. Second he was great at sweeping his gun handler.
True, however, you gotta take into the account the fact that this is Ukraine Vs Russia.
I can just as easily point at the Russians in the vid and say "wow what a dumbass that guy was advancing in the open alone like that, no wonder he was shot so easily".
What you're forgetting is neither guy is a 'high speed', they're both "Comrade Konscriptovich", so when combat happens...things get a little crazy.
Given neither trench guys seem to be having a problem using their available weapons instantaneously and "Rambo" still has the general idea down of breaking up an assault, clearly there is a base level of training there, which seems to support my theory of "stress induced reversion to vidya game" when confronted with a BMP and 10 guys trying to effect a breakthrough...

Adrenaline_6
02-21-23, 15:34

The long term gathered data speaks for itself. The "I had a ____ and it died/didn't work for sh*t" isn't really that. It's almost Ford/Chevy fanboism. Not to say that incident didn't happen, just that it is a representation of 1. Also, most people that take one offs into account, ignore the one off accounts of the product/brand they support.

B Cart
02-21-23, 16:28
I'd gladly go back to a RMR if they would go to an Eotech style reticle. I had a REALLY REALLY hard time going to a Holosun but since I've done so I've bought 2 more and my RMR's are sitting in the gun safe.

This is where i'm at as well. I now run 3 holosuns hard and they've been perfect for years, and i prefer their multi reticle system and ability to side load the battery without taking the optic off etc. Their continuous feature innovations is why i'm willing to give them money.

.45fan
02-21-23, 16:38
Unless he is totally corrupt and does a ton of editing and based on him reporting on things that don't pass him bashing them. You should delete your post which should not have been posted to begin with.

Do I think Holosun for the long term good of the company needs to move all production out of China yes I do. Do I also know that China is no longer the best value in labor, yes I do. So for the sake of better products and profit I would tell them to start making things outside of China.So you're saying he isn't paid by holocrap and other advertises to get people to by that product?
Are you 100% sure he isn't corrupt?

With all the posts I see on multiple forums of failed holocrap products I'm convinced there are shenanigans happening on YouTube.

Knowingly supporting that company/country is pretty much a Jane Fonda move.
Screw the USA I'm sending my money to the CCP is EXACTLY what holocrap users are doing.

And yes I do my best to NOT by products from that country.

Inkslinger
02-21-23, 17:03
So you're saying he isn't paid by holocrap and other advertises to get people to by that product?
Are you 100% sure he isn't corrupt?

With all the posts I see on multiple forums of failed holocrap products I'm convinced there are shenanigans happening on YouTube.

Knowingly supporting that company/country is pretty much a Jane Fonda move.
Screw the USA I'm sending my money to the CCP is EXACTLY what holocrap users are doing.

And yes I do my best to NOT by products from that country.

When you’re 100% China free, let us know Jane. Until then you’re just another loudmouth hypocrite that’s favorite hobby is screaming on the internet about how much you’re sticking it to the commies. Thank you for your service. Now go slander some more people without any ability to back your words with proof.

02-21-23, 17:37
I know you're not quoting me here, as I've never said he was and I tend to agree with what you're saying here.

You’re correct.

WillieThom
02-21-23, 20:23
So you're saying he isn't paid by holocrap and other advertises to get people to by that product? Show us where he is paid by Holosun.
Are you 100% sure he isn't corrupt? Are you 100% sure he is corrupt?

With all the posts I see on multiple forums of failed holocrap products I'm convinced there are shenanigans happening on YouTube. Again… proof Aaron Cowan/Sage Dynamics, specifically, is guilty of said shenanigans?

Knowingly supporting that company/country is pretty much a Jane Fonda move. K
Screw the USA I'm sending my money to the CCP is EXACTLY what holocrap users are doing. K

And yes I do my best to NOT by products from that country. K

Look at the pretty red colors. Also notice the three K’s… that is a coincidence so don’t get too excited.

gsd2053
02-21-23, 21:52
I love my holosun 407k x2. I like it more than the RMR. My next sight will likely be an EPS

.45fan
02-22-23, 11:01
Look at the pretty red colors. Also notice the three K’s… that is a coincidence so don’t get too excited.I was told that he doesn't have a day job and YouTube cut the money that gun people receive, per numerous other YouTube people. Either holocrap is paying him or he must be on welfare, which do you think is accurate?

I guess he must be getting odd sights that do not fail, or he is pulling shenanigans such as editing.

Are you willing to pay the costs for me to take time off, plane fair, hotels, etc for me to watch what he is doing to prove one way or the other?

Hank6046
02-22-23, 11:07
I was told that he doesn't have a day job and YouTube cut the money that gun people receive, per numerous other YouTube people. Either holocrap is paying him or he must be on welfare, which do you think is accurate.

I guess he must be getting odd sights that do not fail, or he is pulling shenanigans such as editing.

Aaron does own a training company, I know my local LEO had him out a few years ago. I've never met or taken any classes from him, however, I would say that he seems to be well respected in shooting/LEO circles.

Full disclosure, I own several Holosuns and I like them generally as I think they are great for the price, but I would not say they are as robust an optic as Aimpoint, Trijicon, ect.

02-22-23, 11:39
I was told that he doesn't have a day job
You were lied to. Cowan absolutely has a dayjob.

WillieThom
02-22-23, 11:43
I was told that he doesn't have a day job and YouTube cut the money that gun people receive, per numerous other YouTube people. Either holocrap is paying him or he must be on welfare, which do you think is accurate?

Are you willing to pay the costs for me to take time off, plane fair, hotels, etc for me to watch what he is doing to prove one way or the other?

So you can’t prove anything and are making assumptions based on nothing more than you think you might have heard someone possibly mention something once upon a time… on the Internet… maybe…

Okie-dokie.

B Cart
02-22-23, 11:58
I was told that he doesn't have a day job and YouTube cut the money that gun people receive, per numerous other YouTube people.

Wow, that's all you have? You were told by some YouTube people? What a credible source. GIANT FACEPALM

You're makings some pretty slanderous accusations for only being able to back them up by, "well some youtube people told me youtube cuts money to gun people". :suicide:

yoni
02-22-23, 12:25
These threads never cease to amaze me.

People can't say I am pro China, as a matter of fact I think that the imports from China are today higher than ever tells us a lot about the rot in the American soul.

I am in the very small camp that think we should have nuked the hell out of China for covid. But I also think karma is a nasty bitch and that China is going to crash and never get back up very soon.

I wonder if people would say the things to a persons face that they type on the forums, no never mind I know the answer.

I think the design team at Holosun is forward thinking. The company just needs to move production out of China.

.45fan
02-22-23, 12:43
So you can’t prove anything and are making assumptions based on nothing more than you think you might have heard someone possibly mention something once upon a time… on the Internet… maybe…

Okie-dokie.You're making assumptions 180° opposite of what I'm saying, can YOU prove any of it?

No, so why are you still commenting, is it because, internet....... Blah blah blah

02-22-23, 12:50
You're making assumptions 180° opposite of what I'm saying, can YOU prove any of it?

No, so why are you still commenting, is it because, internet....... Blah blah blah

Yes, I can prove Aaron has a day job. See below, and try not to be obtuse.

Aaron at sage dynamics

Anyway, I’m just going to ignore you now.

.45fan
02-22-23, 12:53
Wow, that's all you have? You were told by some YouTube people? What a credible source. GIANT FACEPALM

You're makings some pretty slanderous accusations for only being able to back them up by, "well some youtube people told me youtube cuts money to gun people". :suicide:https://www.tampafp.com/canceled-youtube-slashes-ad-revenue-for-popular-gun-rights-channel-justin-opinion/

Feel free to read the pages of links a search will provide. I gave you the first one, read as many as you want.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
02-22-23, 13:02
https://www.tampafp.com/canceled-youtube-slashes-ad-revenue-for-popular-gun-rights-channel-justin-opinion/

Feel free to read the pages of links a search will provide. I gave you the first one, read as many as you want.

You are a liar.

Enjoy destroying your reputation and credibility here.

Adrenaline_6
02-22-23, 13:38
You can't convince this guy, even with proper facts. He wants facts, which is provided and asked for while he goes off pure assumption. That is why I don't even bother.

We think the left has bizzarro world fact deniers...but, we have them too.

kerplode
02-22-23, 14:20
Wow...That got slandery pretty quick.

I don't currently own any Holosun optics, but my next MRDS will probably be 507. I don't care that it's made in Chynah.

Besides, the absolute WORST optic that I own is a ****ing Trijicon MRO. That hunk of shit has the worst parallax I've ever seen in any optic. It was expensive as hell and made in Uhmerikah.

Like, literally, the plastic lensed $5 chinesium bullshit that Smiff and Western ships on their 15-22 has less parallax then that stupid ****ing MRO.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
02-22-23, 14:46
I own a handful of 507K, some 407k, some 507C, a 509, and an EPS Carry. I have had issues with one 507k that went back to the factory and a brand new one came back.

We have a local agency issuing 507C on their issued G17, they are seeing an uptick in QC issues, lots of those optics are failing right now.

We have quite a few guys at my agency running Holosun 507-509, never seen an issue with theirs.

I've owned three RMR's, three MPS', an ACRO P2, 3 T2's, Aimpoint Comp M4, Aimpoint Comp M5, and an untold amount of T1/H1.

Of all optics owned over the last 15 years, I have had issues with:

Aimpoint T2 (would turn off on it's own)
Aimpoint Comp M5 (completely died in first year of ownership)
Holosun 507k (Shake awake would not work).

And that is my small sample of experience.

WillieThom
02-22-23, 15:45
I wonder if people would say the things to a persons face that they type on the forums, no never mind I know the answer.

Yes.

You're making assumptions 180° opposite of what I'm saying, can YOU prove any of it?

That is not how this works. You made the accusations so the burden of proof is on you.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
02-22-23, 15:55
Yes.

That is not how this works. You made the accusations so the burden of proof is on you.

Travis Haley is a vampire!

Well I know he is because this article references vampires even though it has nothing to do with him.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/article/vampires-europe-new-england-halloween-history

You can't just say he isn't a vampire, you have to prove me wrong.

-.45fan

Sam
02-22-23, 16:45
Bottomline -

So Holosun was spotted in Ukraine. It was used. That's about all we know. Whether they last more than one magazine, or one drop or holds zero, we don't know. We've gone from that to name calling, insulting, accusations. i think the discussion on the durability or lack of quality, etc. for Holosun is long gone several pages ago.

Some of us are tired of the drama and the war. I can't stop the war but I can end this thread.

Everyone go home.