PDA

View Full Version : Should we demand a competency test for elected officals?

Averageman
02-20-23, 09:46
We are now watching a Man who's best days are far behind him.
Should we demand a competency test for all of our elected officals?

Adrenaline_6
02-20-23, 10:01
We are now watching a Man who's best days are far behind him.
Should we demand a competency test for all of our elected officals?

Not a bad idea.

Hush
02-20-23, 10:18
That's cute, you think Biden is actually in charge and making decisions. Obama and Susan Rice are quite competent, extremely dangerous, and very much in charge of the direction this country is headed.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Det-Sog
02-20-23, 10:20
I'd settle for drug and alcohol testing.

Alex V
02-20-23, 10:20
I think it would be more prudent to require the test for voters.

jsbhike
02-20-23, 16:45

DT's would be cool to watch.

titsonritz
02-20-23, 16:48

Yes
and
Yes

The Dumb Gun Collector
02-20-23, 17:07
In theory, sure. In practice, it just seems like another way for the system to exclude candidates chosen by the people. I would probably prefer a flat rule that you can't be any older than 70 on Election Day.

lowprone
02-20-23, 22:27
We should demand a competency test for Voters, they got us in this shit !

SteyrAUG
02-20-23, 22:39
They would design it.

I think Congress should be chosen by lottery and the President elected by being the 5th caller with the correct "phrase that pays" to a designated classic rock radio station.

Hello, 99 rocks...you ARE the president.

We could do at least as good as the current system where we play "survivor" president for the reality tv masses.

jsbhike
02-21-23, 03:10
They would design it.

I think Congress should be chosen by lottery and the President elected by being the 5th caller with the correct "phrase that pays" to a designated classic rock radio station.

Hello, 99 rocks...you ARE the president.

We could do at least as good as the current system where we play "survivor" president for the reality tv masses.

Best idea so far.

flenna
02-21-23, 05:34

I am going with this. This and you must be a taxpayer not receiver.

HKGuns
02-21-23, 06:59

Yep. No .Gov employees and no receivers allowed to vote. If you had zero .gov income and actually pay taxes you can vote.

Budget
02-21-23, 07:00
I second a lottery system. Pull from voters and selective service registrants. It can't be any worse than what we have now. I've been advocating eliminating all parties and everyone gets their 15 minutes on a stage and we whittle it down, pick 5 for presidential candidates. Moderator will have everyone's voting record and stop candidates and call them on their BS when candidates make outlandish promises. Congressional term limits would be cool too.

Alex V
02-21-23, 10:31
Yep. No .Gov employees and no receivers allowed to vote. If you had zero .gov income and actually pay taxes you can vote.

I prefer something more simple, if you don't pay federal taxes you can't vote in federal elections. If you don't pay State taxes you can't vote in state wide elections.

Plus, you have to pass a simple civics test before you are allowed to vote either way.

Diamondback
02-21-23, 11:54
I'd like to see passing the Personnel Reliability Program be made a requirement for ALL Line of Succession and National Command Authority offices.

No way in Hell would Chicom Pedo Joe pass PRP even in his "glory days"... and certainly not the current Vice Prostitute either. I may not have been able to serve myself thanks to a lundry list of 4-F's, but I marinated in SAC/nuclear weapons culture from before birth so have a LITTLE perspective about the Big Red Button.

HKGuns
02-21-23, 12:10
I prefer something more simple, if you don't pay federal taxes you can't vote in federal elections. If you don't pay State taxes you can't vote in state wide elections.

Plus, you have to pass a simple civics test before you are allowed to vote either way.

That hits the mark for me on most major aspects. However, I really think something needs to be done about the self sustaining block of .gov employees. It’s grown far beyond anything anyone could have imagined and without serious cuts, it can pretty much sustain itself.

How does XiDen even pass muster for a secret clearance? Again, two different sets of rules.

Diamondback
02-21-23, 12:53
That hits the mark for me on most major aspects. However, I really think something needs to be done about the self sustaining block of .gov employees. It’s grown far beyond anything anyone could have imagined and without serious cuts, it can pretty much sustain itself.

How does XiDen even pass muster for a secret clearance? Again, two different sets of rules.

He doesn't, he gets it Ex Officio by being "the piece of walking dogshit the voters 'chose.'"

prepare
02-21-23, 16:37
Stop pretending the system is still operating within the law. US politics is as corrupt as the Jalisco new generation.

You do not restore government with this level of corruption from within the corrupt system.

SteyrAUG
02-22-23, 01:05
I second a lottery system. Pull from voters and selective service registrants. It can't be any worse than what we have now. I've been advocating eliminating all parties and everyone gets their 15 minutes on a stage and we whittle it down, pick 5 for presidential candidates. Moderator will have everyone's voting record and stop candidates and call them on their BS when candidates make outlandish promises. Congressional term limits would be cool too.

I want people to walk out to their mailbox and say "Godammit...those bastards made me a senator." You do 2 years "public service" and never again.

SteyrAUG
02-22-23, 01:07
Stop pretending the system is still operating within the law. US politics is as corrupt as the Jalisco new generation.

You do not restore government with this level of corruption from within the corrupt system.

It's something to do in the meantime before the shooting starts in earnest.

AndyLate
02-22-23, 07:26

No federal police, service members, retirees, or disabled veterans on the rolls?

I am retired and disabled .mil, am working my second career, and dang sure pay plenty of taxes.

Andy

HKGuns
02-22-23, 15:19
No federal police, service members, retirees, or disabled veterans on the rolls?

I am retired and disabled .mil, am working my second career, and dang sure pay plenty of taxes.

Andy

I don’t consider retired Vets or vets in general as .gov employees.

IRS / FBI etc all have a stake in maintaining the status quo. Those are the ilk I include.

It would need honest debate and refinement obviously.

It’s no accident 93% of DC votes for the communists.

AndyLate
02-22-23, 16:36
I don’t consider retired Vets or vets in general as .gov employees.

IRS / FBI etc all have a stake in maintaining the status quo. Those are the ilk I include.

It would need honest debate and refinement obviously.

It’s no accident 93% of DC votes for the communists.

Its sad but our nation (which I love) has a capitol I never want to visit.

Andy

SteyrAUG
02-22-23, 21:46
Its sad but our nation (which I love) has a capitol I never want to visit.

Andy

I'm glad I saw it as a kid.

gunnerblue
02-22-23, 22:23

I'm a Border Patrol Agent, my wife is a public school teacher. We both pay federal and state income tax, social security tax, sales tax and the like. We qualify for no sort of relief/welfare/etc other than dependent deductions (kids) on our taxes each year. We can't vote?

prepare
02-23-23, 03:37
I'm a Border Patrol Agent, my wife is a public school teacher. We both pay federal and state income tax, social security tax, sales tax and the like. We qualify for no sort of relief/welfare/etc other than dependent deductions (kids) on our taxes each year. We can't vote?

You mean your a travel agent.:D

SteyrAUG
02-23-23, 04:34

We got extremists on both sides who would gladly prevent you from voting in order to protect the constitution. Of course none of that BS is actually in the constitution.

People can't see the probable outcomes of their poorly thought out ideas.

My favorite is people who want only land owners to be able to vote, within 5 years no average american would be able to afford any kind of private property.

.45fan
02-23-23, 15:53
I believe there should be a competency test for voters, then they must prove they own property for any votes that effect property owners.

I'm sick and tired of paying higher millages (more property tax) so poor people get more free stuff.

The most recent was to pay for buses in Detroit so the garbage there can ride for free.

Averageman
02-23-23, 16:15
I believe there should be a competency test for voters, then they must prove they own property for any votes that effect property owners.

I'm sick and tired of paying higher millages (more property tax) so poor people get more free stuff.

The most recent was to pay for buses in Detroit so the garbage there can ride for free.

You know we tried all that, Voter Competency testing, Showing up at the Poll With your tax bill etc.
Didn't work, was abused at the State level, just an overall mess. The major complaint being that Blacks were prevented from voting in the South.
I'm sure we could do it better today, but that "magic bullet" would have the Liberals screaming at the top of their lungs, never mind that the Democrats screwed all this up for all of us the first time.

Do we need to do this?
Absolutely.

.45fan
02-23-23, 16:44
You know we tried all that, Voter Competency testing, Showing up at the Poll With your tax bill etc.
Didn't work, was abused at the State level, just an overall mess. The major complaint being that Blacks were prevented from voting in the South.
I'm sure we could do it better today, but that "magic bullet" would have the Liberals screaming at the top of their lungs, never mind that the Democrats screwed all this up for all of us the first time.

Do we need to do this?
Absolutely.You're right, but I think we need to try again.

I can overcome the crying. Its easy, tell them to get a effing job that pays decent and don't drive brand new vehicles and own the newest electronics, at this point you will have money to buy a house.

We own multiple rental properties so we get screwed every election as they tack bullshit millages for stuff none of us use.

Five more years until I want to retire, at that point we are leaving this area, I'm grooming our oldest daughter to run the rental business when we leave and will sell the trucking business to buy our retirement property elsewhere.

yoni
02-23-23, 18:34
HELL NO!

If they were competent, they could really mess us over.

Regarding voters, I have no problem with the following criteria, you must be working and paying taxes . Plus you must past a civics test

LoboTBL
02-23-23, 18:48
HELL NO!

If they were competent, they could really mess us over.

Regarding voters, I have no problem with the following criteria, you must be working and paying taxes . Plus you must past a civics test

Passing a civics test alone will cut the number of eligible voters by roughly 50% or so. Ask 10 random people what the three branches of government are. You're going to be very disappointed in your fellow citizens.