PDA

View Full Version : LMT Bolt Marking

Bret
02-20-23, 15:48
I have a factory built LMT Defender that came with a semiauto bolt carrier group. I purchased a full auto bolt carrier group so that I can use the upper half on my M16 and I'm going to sell the semi BCG. The bolts that came with both BCG's have "DI" markings in addition to the usual MPI inspection markings. Is the DI marking what LMT uses to distinguish their bolts? I'm guessing that a prospective buyer will want to know how I know they're LMT BCG's (other than I got them in the factory packaging).

https://i.postimg.cc/GpqVckL9/LMT-bolt.jpg

Pappabear
02-20-23, 17:20
I have no idea, maybe they have that for internal reasons saying these are for DI guns not piston but that is just a guess.

PB

AndyLate
02-20-23, 17:51
The relief cut at the bolt lugs is a dead giveaway its an LMT bolt. Not guaranteeing only LMT does it, but it is definitely an identifying feature.

Andy

Bret
02-20-23, 19:35
That's interesting about the relief cut. I didn't notice it.

rifleman8
02-20-23, 19:37
I currently have four LMT semi-auto carriers. "DM" , "DN", "DJ" , and one oddball - "L08". All have the usual "MP" about 180 out, as well as the relief cut. Sorry, not able to post pictures at this time. I do not know meaning / significance of these markings, just figured it was some in-house batch or lot number thing.

And not that anyone asked but, FWIW - All the bolts themselves are "real pretty". Two of the carriers are "real pretty". One carrier is so-so (cosmetic) and one came brand new looking like a bag of smashed assholes. Low round counts thus far but 100% function.

PM inbound

Stickman
02-21-23, 09:24
There is a new bolt coming out. For that matter, there is a new carrier coming out as well. Neither are from LMT, but for people who are looking to get an extra high quality BCG or Bolt, it might be worth waiting just a little longer.

I have a carrier in hand, and should start a firing schedule with it today or tomorrow. Sadly, with ammo prices still being at rape levels, its hard to get everything done that I would like.

Stickman
02-21-23, 09:25
Bret- Sorry that my above comment does not really answer your question, however, I felt it was close enough to relevant that I figured I would add it in. To the best of my knowledge, that LMT coding on the side is just that, an internal code.

Bret
02-21-23, 09:48
Stickman, your reply helps. I know that what I have is an LMT BCG. I just wanted to be able to explain to others how I know other than the fact that it came in the factory-built rifle that I purchased. Based on the replies here, I can explain based on the relief cut and the markings.

e z money
02-21-23, 10:37
I thought it was a date code. When it was made.