PDA

View Full Version : El Salvador solves gang problem

mack7.62
02-25-23, 16:11
Build mega prison, round up thousands of gang members, lock up for decades, works for me too bad it won't float here.

ack Posobiec 🇺🇸
@JackPosobiec
·
7h
BREAKING: President of El Salvador announces massive operation against gang members, thousands arrested and thrown in a new prison

"This will be their new house, where they will live for decades, unable to do any further harm to the population"

pag23
02-25-23, 17:37
An AC130 Spectre Gunship would also work.....

Artos
02-25-23, 18:06
Qiick vid of their new life in the mega prison.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1629537743977033729

lowprone
02-25-23, 23:27
Bullshit ,,,,, they send them here !

WillBrink
02-26-23, 08:13
Will just give them a central location to operate from built for them by the government. That's the level of corruption there.

Adrenaline_6
02-27-23, 07:29
I still say "The Island" would do wonders for crime.

You get warned one sentence before going there. "one more time and its The Island".

You get dropped off via chute. No one ever comes off The Island. Ever. Survival is on you.

No one will want to go there except the hardcore idiots and that will be the end of them in society anyway. Win...win.

signal4l
02-27-23, 07:47
On it's surface, this sounds like a great idea. Lock up the gang members, terrorists that have destroyed El Salvador. No attorneys, civil rights lawsuits to hamper the efforts of law enforcement.

I'm all for it.....unless innocent people are thrown into that hell hole. The devil is in the details. How is gang affiliation proven? Is there an appeal process?

I wouldn't trust our FBI, politicians to administer a similar program in the US. Any guard, LEO, politician in El Salvador that engages in corruption related to this new prison should be placed in general population after receiving a fair trial.

mack7.62
02-27-23, 08:34
Watch the video, the tattoos are a good indicator.

signal4l
02-27-23, 08:48
Watch the video, the tattoos are a good indicator.

Tattoos can be a good indicator until the shit birds stop getting them. Also, some old timers no longer live the life but still have the ink.

In the 1990's gang bangers in my area used to wear colors and be very obvious about their membership. My PD would enter them into a database. Myself and other officers would then park near their houses and make their lives as miserable as possible.

Now gang members are less obvious about their affiliation.

The mega prison in El Salvador is necessary. I just hope the officials administering it maintain a higher ethical standard than our FBI. The potential for abuse is very high

Ruark
03-03-23, 19:33
Qiick vid of their new life in the mega prison.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1629537743977033729

Can't, have to log in. I'm not a tweeter.

Averageman
03-03-23, 20:01
I had a Wife from Vigo Portugal. She relayed a story to me about a prison that Spain and Portugal shared.
Ther was a riot in the 1970's and the Prisoners had taken hostages. They tried to negotiate and then that fell apart. Franco opened the sea wall and flooded the Prison for a week and then negotiated with the survivors.
No Survivors.

Artos
03-04-23, 00:20
Can't, have to log in. I'm not a tweeter.

weird...here ya go

https://www.nbcnews.com/now/video/alleged-gang-members-arrive-at-new-mega-prison-in-el-salvador-164226117837

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbmbzH4nVxw

Vgex2
03-04-23, 07:10
It’s a bad situation, that’s for sure. Will they get mostly gangbangers in a huge roundup, like that, sure. It’s easy for me to say, “thats’s a violation of their God given rights,” from the safety of the USA. But El Salvador isn’t the USA, and the murder rate pre-sweeps is difficult to fathom. I believe it was around 1/1000 people were murdered during the high of 2015. Had the murder rate in the US been that high, we would have lost 320,000 to murder vs the approximately 16,000 recorded in 2015.

The real test will be whether they let the emergency powers go, and enforce/prosecute more heavily to prevent the situation from getting to the 2015 levels once more.

jsbhike
03-04-23, 07:45
Typically Central/South American .govs have been criminal enterprises so not sure about cheering this on.

mack7.62
03-04-23, 08:03
Well I am sure that any gang bangers missed in the round up are on their way to good ol' USA right now.

Averageman
03-04-23, 08:17
Well I am sure that any gang bangers missed in the round up are on their way to good of USA right now.

They will use this as why they had to leave home to come to America. They were being hunted and their rights were being trampled.

Just Watch.