PDA

View Full Version : Gary Rossington, original Lynyrd Skynyrd guitarist, dead at 71

titsonritz
03-06-23, 18:10
And the decade continues to be hard on the old rockers.

In October 1977, Gary was one of more than a dozen passengers who survived a plane crash in Mississippi that killed lead singer Ronnie Van Zant, siblings Steve Gaines and Cassie Gaines, and three others.

Rossington broke both of his legs, his arms, ankles and pelvis when the airplane ran out of fuel and crashed into a field.

R.I.P.

Gary Rossington, original Lynyrd Skynyrd guitarist, dead at 71 (https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/gary-rossington-original-lynyrd-skynyrd-guitarist-dead-71)

Averageman
03-06-23, 19:06
Very sad.

utahjeepr
03-06-23, 19:22
RIP Guitar hero.

Lynyrd Skynyrd is now together again, I guess at least there's that.

markm
03-07-23, 07:53
I was thinking about this last night. 70s rock icons are all about this age, and I bet the list of names keeps growing. Starting to make me feel old.

Sam
03-08-23, 06:03
RIP Mr. Rossington.

He used to live in my area. He and his wife were regular patients at a liposuction clinic that my ex girlfriend used to work.

HKGuns
03-08-23, 06:52
RIP Mr. Rossington.

He used to live in my area. He and his wife were regular patients at a liposuction clinic that my ex girlfriend used to work.

Ha! Now that is funny. Man that must be some kind of grotesque jonb to have huh?

RIP Hope you too didn't die from the jab.

hotbiggun42
03-08-23, 07:28
RIP you ole gun grabbing commie. Loved your music

StainlessSteelRat
03-19-23, 20:47
Ran across this video of Gary, Rickey Medlock, and Sparky giving some 411 on how they play several Skynyrd favorites. Guitar guys might find it interesting.

https://youtu.be/1aEVxyMqXBo

m1a_scoutguy
03-19-23, 21:20
Sad day for sure! I'm so old I saw the band "before" the plane crash!! And lucky enough to see them a few other times after, the last time was a while ago before Billy Powel passed in 2009! As the saying goes, I may be old but I certainly got to see ALL the cool bands! RIP to all!