View Full Version : Nigerian Army buys 36 Little Birds

mack7.62
03-07-23, 11:04
That's gotta be a chunk of change.

Jake
@Jakepor21
·
2h
Breaking ‼️ | Nigerian Army Orders 36 Cayuse Warrior Plus light scout, reconnaissance and attack helicopter.

The NA plans to use the fleet of helicopters to assist with counter-insurgency and counter-terrorism operations.

kerplode
03-07-23, 11:15
One of their princes still owes me a couple mill. I paid the processing fee and everything and now come to find out, he's buying choppers?!? Maybe I can get him to send me one to cover the debt.

mack7.62
03-07-23, 12:29
One of their princes still owes me a couple mill. I paid the processing fee and everything and now come to find out, he's buying choppers?!? Maybe I can get him to send me one to cover the debt.
I'm sure he will if you just send a small fee to cover shipping and handling.;)

kerplode
03-07-23, 19:27
So it's gonna be one of those "Just pay separate processing fee" deals, then. Damn.

SteyrAUG
03-07-23, 22:49
How funny would it be if DoD said we need to verify your funds, jacked their cash and didn't send helos.

CRAMBONE
03-07-23, 23:02
That's gotta be a chunk of change.

Yeah, for the U.S. tax payers. I’m sure this will be written off as foreign military aid.

FromMyColdDeadHand
03-08-23, 01:43
I really don’t understand Nigerian conflict. Is there a good source on that, beyond what I saw on “Ted Lasso” that Nigerians don’t like US soldiers.

glocktogo
03-08-23, 11:29
I really don’t understand Nigerian conflict. Is there a good source on that, beyond what I saw on “Ted Lasso” that Nigerians don’t like US soldiers.

It's mostly Boko Haram extremism, and petroleum theft and smuggling.

markm
03-08-23, 12:18
So all that money we send to the Princes over there is going to good use!!

chuckman
03-08-23, 12:33

There is the Biafra separatist movement in the south, Boko Haram/ISWAP in the north/northeast, Filani militia and other lesser militias, 'bandits'.... Nigeria ain't a nice place to be. We do have a decent SOF contingent over there.

TMS951
03-09-23, 18:10
When I read headlines like this I always wonder how long they can actually keep them operational for.

Averageman
03-10-23, 06:47
When I read headlines like this I always wonder how long they can actually keep them operational for.

Everytime this technology is sold and exported, they usually have a maintenance contract that is also sold.
Trust me depending on what kind of tech your dealing with, in the long run an awful lot of money can be made with the maintenance package.
The programs are however only as good as the mechanics in them. The differences between the Varsity and JV Teams can make or brake you.

If you work on one of these your living conditions can be very good to, "I'm living in a mud hut."
I'm 61, I did that stuff for 14 years, 4 of them in the Middle East. Everyone tells me how lucky I am to retire early, actually I'm just lucky to be alive.