PDA

View Full Version : Humpty, er ahhh Mitch McConnel falls.

Averageman
03-09-23, 10:14
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/gop-leader-mcconnell-hospitalized-after-fall-spokesman-says/ar-AA18oCmE?OCID=ansmsnnews11
WASHINGTON (AP) — Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell was hospitalized after tripping at a local hotel, a spokesman for the senator said.
The Kentucky senator, who's 81, was attending a private dinner in Washington on Wednesday when he tripped. He was admitted to a hospital for treatment, spokesman Doug Andres said. The dinner was at the Waldorf Astoria Washington DC, formerly the Trump International Hotel, Washington D.C.
McConnell's office did not provide additional detail on his condition or how long he may be absent from the Senate.

Why do we send eighty year old Men to Washington?

glocktogo
03-09-23, 10:49
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/gop-leader-mcconnell-hospitalized-after-fall-spokesman-says/ar-AA18oCmE?OCID=ansmsnnews11
WASHINGTON (AP) — Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell was hospitalized after tripping at a local hotel, a spokesman for the senator said.
The Kentucky senator, who's 81, was attending a private dinner in Washington on Wednesday when he tripped. He was admitted to a hospital for treatment, spokesman Doug Andres said. The dinner was at the Waldorf Astoria Washington DC, formerly the Trump International Hotel, Washington D.C.
McConnell's office did not provide additional detail on his condition or how long he may be absent from the Senate.

Why do we send eighty year old Men to Washington?

Gee, I hope he recovers fully. In a convalescent home. After retiring from the Senate. :rolleyes:

hotbiggun42
03-09-23, 11:08
Tuckers fault

Averageman
03-09-23, 11:11
Tuckers fault

I'm pretty sure it was Tucker who tripped him.

hotbiggun42
03-09-23, 11:22
I'm pretty sure it was Tucker who tripped him.

Yeah, truly dissapointed in Sen Kennedy and Dan Crenshaw and other calling for Tuckers removal from Fox. They have both shown their there true colors.
The voters need to remind these stooges that the .gov cannot violate the 1st amendment.

themonk
03-09-23, 11:44
So I will get a ton of shit for this, but that 80-year-old made it his mission under Trump to install as many conservative judges in the judiciary as possible. We are where we are today on the 2nd and for the foreseeable future because of McConnell's judicial appointments and Trump's Supreme Court appointments. Without those two things, we would be on life support.

hotbiggun42
03-09-23, 12:03
So I will get a ton of shit for this, but that 80-year-old made it his mission under Trump to install as many conservative judges in the judiciary as possible. We are where we are today on the 2nd and for the foreseeable future because of McConnell's judicial appointments and Trump's Supreme Court appointments. Without those two things, we would be on life support.

Yeah not that he could get the conservatives to vote against Trumps nominees but he did support his nominees and retained his leadership position in the senate.. i thank him for his service but now he should go away.

Biggy
03-09-23, 12:39
IMHO, it’s time for him to GO. Yeah he has done some good, but probably more bad, and these days he seems more like a deep state RINO, and he’s 81.

Averageman
03-09-23, 12:51
Well now Team McConnell is saying that he will remain in the Hospital a few days for observation.

Makes you wonder about his real condition.

titsonritz
03-09-23, 12:58
Gee, I hope he recovers fully. In a convalescent home. After retiring from the Senate. :rolleyes:

That works for me. His day needs to be done.

themonk
03-09-23, 13:57
Yeah not that he could get the conservatives to vote against Trumps nominees but he did support his nominees and retained his leadership position in the senate.. i thank him for his service but now he should go away.

Support his nominees? You really think Trump's that smart? Every one of those appointments was done by McConnell. And every one of those appointments needed to be brought to the floor by McConnell. When they only had 51 votes. McConnell was also instrumental in getting all of the Supreme Court justices nominated and through the nomination process and on the court. I understand he's not going to run again and it's time for him to go. But most of the people in this thread need to check themselves and show a little respect.

hotbiggun42
03-09-23, 14:34
Support his nominees? You really think Trump's that smart? Every one of those appointments was done by McConnell. And every one of those appointments needed to be brought to the floor by McConnell. When they only had 51 votes. McConnell was also instrumental in getting all of the Supreme Court justices nominated and through the nomination process and on the court. I understand he's not going to run again and it's time for him to go. But most of the people in this thread need to check themselves and show a little respect.

McConnel is a dirt bag who controls campaign funds and is responsible for destroying the reputations of conservatives. During the Tea Party movement it was Mitch who despised and slung mud at tea party candidates. He is everything that is wrong with the GOP.

themonk
03-09-23, 14:47
Believe what you want to believe but if it wasn't for Trump and McConnell we would have an assault weapons ban.

hotbiggun42
03-09-23, 15:31
Believe what you want to believe but if it wasn't for Trump and McConnell we would have an assault weapons ban.

Or, with the right elected officials the madness that is the federal .gov could have been stopped long ago. We will never know now.

glocktogo
03-09-23, 15:45

Yeah no thanks. You're acting like no other Republican who wasn't a RINO and was actually a fiscal conservative, could do the exact same thing with judicial appointments. That's hogwash. I'd say those appointments are the bare minimum standard a GOP Senate leader could be judged by!

ChattanoogaPhil
03-09-23, 17:30
Mitch is old school statesman. Republicans need political brawlers to fight Washington democrats.

Alex V
03-09-23, 17:52
Yeah, truly dissapointed in Sen Kennedy and Dan Crenshaw and other calling for Tuckers removal from Fox. They have both shown their there true colors.
The voters need to remind these stooges that the .gov cannot violate the 1st amendment.

Crenshaw has been a disappointment since about his second month in office. “John McCane in a pirate costume.”

We have to remember that they are all in it for the power. Even if not at first, power corrupts.

They don’t care about the truth. The truth is scary to them. They have a narrative to push.

themonk
03-09-23, 18:59
Mitch is old school statesman. Republicans need political brawlers to fight Washington democrats.

Well said