PDA

View Full Version : looks like chyna got around the raptor CH patent.

Sidneyious
03-12-23, 13:43
Looking around at charging handles for my 14.5 that goes in a trunk, I didnt want to spend to much on and I came across this.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/presma-ambidextrous-charging-handle-223-5-56.html?_iv_availability=in-stock&_iv_code=2HC-CGH-AM25CHH-CH03

https://www.trademarkelite.com/patent/patent-detail/29688692/D0893662/1

26 Inf
03-12-23, 22:14
Looking around at charging handles for my 14.5 that goes in a trunk, I didnt want to spend to much on and I came across this.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/presma-ambidextrous-charging-handle-223-5-56.html?_iv_availability=in-stock&_iv_code=2HC-CGH-AM25CHH-CH03

https://www.trademarkelite.com/patent/patent-detail/29688692/D0893662/1

Work it hard and let us know.

hoopharted
03-13-23, 06:06
one review says the catch spring is so weak it allows to move when firing the weapon , doesnt matter , lost me at china

markm
03-13-23, 09:13
I thought we were done with the silly charging handle fad. I just stick to the basic BCM, but the one CH that was pretty good and cheap way back was the LMT with their extended latch. I remember when those were $20 or cheaper new.

hoopharted
03-13-23, 13:15
I thought we were done with the silly charging handle fad. I just stick to the basic BCM, but the one CH that was pretty good and cheap way back was the LMT with their extended latch. I remember when those were $20 or cheaper new.

i love after market charging handles , i use to say the same thing and use milspec handles , then one winter my hand lipped off that damn thing with frozen fingers ,i had a scope on that rifle so the milspec was close to the scope and i installed a large ambi and have been replacing the milspec ever since

Sidneyious
03-16-23, 11:09
Work it hard and let us know.I'm good.

Just letting people know

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Hammer_Man
03-16-23, 13:38
Pretty soon you’ll be able to build a whole rifle with Chinesium parts.

titsonritz
03-16-23, 13:57
I use to drive past Radian Arms almost daily, I attended IG's Semper Paratus Armorer's classes with Nick, Amanda and one other guy from Radian where they passed out a free Raptor to all the attendees (which was awesome especially since that is my go-to CH).

Buy a Chink knock-off of a Radian CH?

That'll be the day.

TMS951
03-18-23, 09:53
One of the things I enjoy the most about AR building is, or was, that it was of all American made parts.

Times change and there is more garbage out there, so now you need to read the fine print.

But I do still enjoy the hobby and it’s American made parts.

Uncas47
03-18-23, 16:16
I will never freely admit how many charging handles I have. It's enough Kool Aid to fill a good sized boot.

rpoL98
03-21-23, 02:25
probably made from the chinese-equivalent of recycled soda-can aluminum, reclamation-processed to chinese specs, with no QC. wonder if it'll survive a mortaring?

I just hope they use that same POS aluminum for their jet fighters.

Sidneyious
03-22-23, 11:09
probably made from the chinese-equivalent of recycled soda-can aluminum, reclamation-processed to chinese specs, with no QC. wonder if it'll survive a mortaring?

I just hope they use that same POS aluminum for their jet fighters.A few years back I got one for my ghk gbbr m4.
Had to grind the shit out of it so it would work for my gun.

It's held up, I think these were the ones another company was selling in the USA that radian went after.

I e been buying them from samoon.

But I saw that op had a sale for a standard raptor and ambi selector for a hundo and got that on the way.

hoopharted
03-24-23, 06:03
I will never freely admit how many charging handles I have. It's enough Kool Aid to fill a good sized boot.

doesnt bather me at all to admit i swap out the charging handle for a nicer one ,if anyone scoffs and says all they need or ever needed was a mil spec ,or goes into a whole spiel "back when i was in the army' ,i say more power to you ,i was in Submarines we had M14's ,1911's and sawed offs none of which used charging handles so a after market handle makes my rifle ore pleasurable to me and thats really all that it amounts to , i dont go crazy , i do not own a Radion , i guess i go middle of the road , Aero or Beeks