PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING: FL REPUBLICANS VOTE DOWN PRO-GUN AMENDMENT TO REPEAL GUN FREE ZONE!

Miami_JBT
03-23-23, 15:29
Representative Eskamani (D) introduced Amendment 642477 (https://www.myfloridahouse.gov/Sections/Documents/loaddoc.aspx?FileName=642477.docx&DocumentType=Amendments&BillNumber=0543&Session=2023) as a way to call out the hypocrisy of Florida's Republican Lawmakers. Currently, under State Law, you cannot carry at "any meeting of the Legislature or a committee". Meaning any chamber in the capitol when there is a committee meeting occurring.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/122381/642477_jpg-2756433.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/122381/642477_1__jpg-2756434.JPG

To paraphrase were debate on the House Floor, she basically said "you Republicans claim that guns make us safer, right? Well, then people should be able to carry here, right now. If it is good for the goose good for the gander. Put up or shut up."

It was killed via a voice vote. Being a Republican Supermajority, Democrats don't have the numbers to kill anything. Which means, Republicans voted against repealing a gun free zone.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/122381/642477_2__jpg-2756437.JPG

glocktogo
03-23-23, 15:40
Chamber Republicans gonna Chamber! :(

Sidneyious
03-23-23, 15:41
Oh for **** sake!
They could have done something that gets closer to abolishing the GCA.

Thoes ****ing cowards;

Miami_JBT
03-23-23, 16:13
Oh for **** sake!
They could have done something that gets closer to abolishing the GCA.

Thoes ****ing cowards;

This is the State Legislature in Florida, not Congress.

Miami_JBT
03-23-23, 17:07
https://youtu.be/_uR-6QQoazE

LoboTBL
03-23-23, 18:23
So the Florida Legislature is no different than any other state legislature and the mindset is pretty much reduced to elementary school playground tactics just like everywhere else. Got it.

Coal Dragger
03-23-23, 19:03
I don’t live in shit ass Florida, and therefore give zero shits.

Miami_JBT
03-23-23, 19:13

DeSantis might be the Republican nominee for President. So, FL Politics will affect you one way or another soon enough.

.45fan
03-23-23, 21:07
Sad to read this.

I lived in FL for a few years after hurricane Andrew, I went there for clean up and rebuilding, I have a couple family members that recently retired there so I pay attention to what happens.

I may or may not have used their address to contact the legislature to push OC but that didn't appear that its going anywhere.

Coal Dragger
03-24-23, 02:59
DeSantis might be the Republican nominee for President. So, FL Politics will affect you one way or another soon enough.

OK, does Ron DeSantis have magical powers or the authority to order the legislature in shit ass Florida to vote on something one way or another?

Sounds like you have a problem with elected representatives in your state.

Buncheong
03-24-23, 05:43

Same.

Miami_JBT
03-24-23, 07:33
https://floridaphoenix.com/2023/03/24/fl-house-poised-to-vote-on-permitless-carry-bill-dems-gun-safety-advocates-raise-concerns/

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/122381/Screenshot_20230324_082155_Chrome_jpg-2757043.JPG

Miami_JBT
03-24-23, 07:35
OK, does Ron DeSantis have magical powers or the authority to order the legislature in shit ass Florida to vote on something one way or another?

Sounds like you have a problem with elected representatives in your state.

The Governor wields tremendous political power to use his office as the bully pulpit and hasn't.

Yes, the legislature is part of it. But the Governor has the ability to get things done behind the scenes and for the most part, on 2A issues, he's been mum on it.

markm
03-24-23, 09:50
Part of me respects the loon ball who initiated the legislation. Hypocrisy is hypocrisy.

HKGuns
03-24-23, 10:09
Part of me respects the loon ball who initiated the legislation. Hypocrisy is hypocrisy.

Yep, brilliant move on his part. Why isn't DeSanctimonious talking about this? Perhaps the Trumpster has him aptly nick named as well.

ryr8828
03-24-23, 10:15
I don’t live in shit ass Florida, and therefore give zero shits.What pile of dog shit DO you live in?

Sent from my SM-A536U1 using Tapatalk

Coal Dragger
03-24-23, 10:46
South Dakota. Place has it’s issues too.

Sidneyious
03-24-23, 16:18
This is the State Legislature in Florida, not Congress.Yeah, and if it works it can be used as an example to say Florida was safer than failfornia.

Jellybean
03-24-23, 17:06
In other news, the republicans still can't get out of their own way.

Miami_JBT
03-24-23, 18:50
Yep, brilliant move on his part. Why isn't DeSanctimonious talking about this? Perhaps the Trumpster has him aptly nick named as well.

Her part

SteyrAUG
03-24-23, 18:57
Her part

It's sad when even the Dems know the Florida GOP doesn't have the balls.

kerplode
03-26-23, 12:46
Ah yes...That moment when you realize that all politicians are the same.

It's OK...You can vote harder next time.

jsbhike
03-26-23, 13:03
It's sad when even the Dems know the Florida GOP doesn't have the balls.

It isn't due to lacking balls, just being opposed to the concept.

SteyrAUG
03-26-23, 18:16
It isn't due to lacking balls, just being opposed to the concept.

Same difference. A little girl punked them and they let it happen. The only good to come from it is a very clear picture of how limited support for the second amendment is among Florida republicans.

ChattanoogaPhil
03-26-23, 19:31
Republican legislators voting to ban themselves from carrying guns… sigh.

SteyrAUG
03-26-23, 19:59

How the majority population of the "gun state" isn't frothing at the mouth and completely livid is beyond me. I think Florida becoming the center of the "opium addiction recovery" world has shifted politics dramatically. Transplants from the NE are nothing new, that they bring some liberal politics is nothing new and it was generally off set by those who appreciated the greater freedoms in Florida.

But when you have an influx of literal heroin addicts, you are going to have not just exclusively liberal individuals, but excessively liberal individuals who are actually participating in a "free shit" program that rewards heroin addiction. This was one of the driving factors to my leaving Florida, there was no escaping living down the street from several people in recovery. Even if you paid $750k for your home, you are still going to be living down the street from several people who are in recovery. When I realized I couldn't buy my way into a better situation no matter how much money I had, it was time to leave.

Miami_JBT
03-26-23, 20:11
Same difference. A little girl punked them and they let it happen. The only good to come from it is a very clear picture of how limited support for the second amendment is among Florida republicans.

https://floridapolitics.com/archives/596553-kelly-skidmore-believes-republicans-will-quietly-oppose-change-to-gun-buying-age/

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/122381/Screenshot_20230326_210546_Messenger_jpg-2760137.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/122381/received_932906994577710_jpeg-2760138.JPG

Miami_JBT
03-26-23, 20:12

Laws for thee, not for me.

I know lawmakers carry and they don't care about the law.

Miami_JBT
03-26-23, 20:13
How the majority population of the "gun state" isn't frothing at the mouth and completely livid is beyond me. I think Florida becoming the center of the "opium addiction recovery" world has shifted politics dramatically. Transplants from the NE are nothing new, that they bring some liberal politics is nothing new and it was generally off set by those who appreciated the greater freedoms in Florida.

But when you have an influx of literal heroin addicts, you are going to have not just exclusively liberal individuals, but excessively liberal individuals who are actually participating in a "free shit" program that rewards heroin addiction. This was one of the driving factors to my leaving Florida, there was no escaping living down the street from several people in recovery. Even if you paid $750k for your home, you are still going to be living down the street from several people who are in recovery. When I realized I couldn't buy my way into a better situation no matter how much money I had, it was time to leave.

Apathy is why.

The majority of voters think voting Republican is enough. They don't even know who their lawmakers are.

SteyrAUG
03-26-23, 22:30
Apathy is why.

The majority of voters think voting Republican is enough. They don't even know who their lawmakers are.

There is some of that at play as well. But you remember like I remember, when Florida was a more serious gun state.

hoopharted
03-27-23, 05:32
this is why desants is such a good fit for FL , if you look at his 2a record its kinda scary to think hes making a bid for POTUS , he only does or says the bare minimum to avoid drawing attention to having to outright address his stance on 2a , only after being cornered did he state he supported GOA , he has 3 Billionaire outspoken Globalists that are major contributors , Globalists are all about disarming the common man for obvious reasons , Globalist Billionaires do not throw cash at someone pushing them to the WH unless there is a preconceived agenda in place

ryr8828
03-27-23, 06:06
this is why desants is such a good fit for FL , if you look at his 2a record its kinda scary to think hes making a bid for POTUS , he only does or says the bare minimum to avoid drawing attention to having to outright address his stance on 2a , only after being cornered did he state he supported GOA , he has 3 Billionaire outspoken Globalists that are major contributors , Globalists are all about disarming the common man for obvious reasons , Globalist Billionaires do not throw cash at someone pushing them to the WH unless there is a preconceived agenda in place

Ok then, name names. Who are these globalist billionaires? Then you can clue us in on Desantis' horrible record on the 2A. Actual happenings, not obscure bullshit.

We'll wait.

Then explain Trump and bumpstocks, and Trumps past when it comes to firearms. The only thing Trump did for 2A supporters is judges.

ChattanoogaPhil
03-27-23, 07:09
Ok then, name names. Who are these globalist billionaires? Then you can clue us in on Desantis' horrible record on the 2A. Actual happenings, not obscure bullshit.

We'll wait.

Then explain Trump and bumpstocks, and Trumps past when it comes to firearms. The only thing Trump did for 2A supporters is judges.

Your post wasn't addressed to me but I'll take a swing at it.

The NRA called for regulating bumbstocks like machine guns before the smoke cleared in Vegas. Tump isn't nor was ever a gun guy. He simply held hands with the NRA through the 2016 election and figured following their lead was being pro-2A enough. The NRA was also concerned with broader congressional gun control after Vegas so they wanted to confine things to administrative action.

My view was much different. No matter what congressional lawmakers might have done, I thought that the Trump administration doing an end-run around congress and inventing gun law set a horrible and unconstitutional standard for following administrations. It didn't take long for the Biden administration to follow suit with pistol braces.

-----

Cox/LaPierre join statement on Bumpstocks.

Excerpt:

"In Las Vegas, reports indicate that certain devices were used to modify the firearms involved. Despite the fact that the Obama administration approved the sale of bump fire stocks on at least two occasions, the National Rifle Association is calling on the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) to immediately review whether these devices comply with federal law. The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."

Miami_JBT
03-27-23, 08:36

Like Trump is 2A... he backed gun control and congratulated FL Republicans for passing it in 2018.

Hush
03-27-23, 10:01
Did some of you guys really think Trump knows anything about guns or what a bump stock is or how it functions? Or really any politician for that matter? They are all following the lead of their handlers and advisors. If anything, I was Trump would listen to Don Jr when it comes to gun control. But thinking any politician understands anything for that matter, is completely foolish. All they truly understand is how to squeeze us for every dime.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

ryr8828
03-27-23, 10:56
Your post wasn't addressed to me but I'll take a swing at it.

The NRA called for regulating bumbstocks like machine guns before the smoke cleared in Vegas. Tump isn't nor was ever a gun guy. He simply held hands with the NRA through the 2016 election and figured following their lead was being pro-2A enough. The NRA was also concerned with broader congressional gun control after Vegas so they wanted to confine things to administrative action.

My view was much different. No matter what congressional lawmakers might have done, I thought that the Trump administration doing an end-run around congress and inventing gun law set a horrible and unconstitutional standard for following administrations. It didn't take long for the Biden administration to follow suit with pistol braces.

-----

Cox/LaPierre join statement on Bumpstocks.

Excerpt:

"In Las Vegas, reports indicate that certain devices were used to modify the firearms involved. Despite the fact that the Obama administration approved the sale of bump fire stocks on at least two occasions, the National Rifle Association is calling on the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) to immediately review whether these devices comply with federal law. The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."
The nra can also eabod. I'm a life member but haven't answered their endless requests for money in a very long time.

AKDoug
03-27-23, 11:09
The nra can also eabod. I'm a life member but haven't answered their endless requests for money in a very long time.

They've resorted to calling me now. My standard response is no more money until they fire Wayne LaPierre and fix the B.O.D. bylaws.

Anyhow... I truly believe the only thing that stopped DJT from pushing more gun control was DJT Jr.

.45fan
03-27-23, 11:39

We'll wait.

Then explain Trump and bumpstocks, and Trumps past when it comes to firearms. The only thing Trump did for 2A supporters is judges.Don't forget trump saying he wanted suppressors banned after a guy shot up a government office on the east coast, and saying something to the effect of take the guns now and worry about the constitution later (not an exact quote, but he said similar words).

ChattanoogaPhil
03-27-23, 13:55

I donated to the NRA for decades. I stopped several years ago and diverted my small contributions to GOA.

The NRA was at one time the so-called 800-pound Gorilla in the Washington political arena. Now they're toxic. Trump held hands with the NRA during 2016 but I didn't hear Trump mention the NRA during the 2020 campaign. There really isn't an effective gun lobby in Washington anymore.

Miami_JBT
03-29-23, 22:33
FL Republicans again shot down an amendment to repeal gun free zones and also shot down open carry. But at least we're getting permitless concealed-only carry.

https://floridaphoenix.com/2023/03/29/fl-senate-moves-closer-to-passing-permitless-carry-bill/

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/122381/pizzo_march_29_1_jpg-2763349.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/122381/pizzo_march_29_2_jpg-2763350.JPG

lowprone
03-31-23, 14:59
If you don't have a problem with your state government your not paying attention, they all suck to some degree,
and yes that includes South Dakota , the spin is here too !

ChattanoogaPhil
04-03-23, 21:03
Well sure… Tennessee doesn’t do everything just to please me, but overall I’m ok with it. Heck, I spent a few months last year in California playing golf, riding motorcycles and reminiscing with old friends. Ya know… life is more about what ya make of it than raging on the Net about things I don’t like about government, including governments that are totally screwed up like CA and that bunch in Washington.

constructor
04-04-23, 13:19
FL Republicans again shot down an amendment to repeal gun free zones and also shot down open carry. But at least we're getting permitless concealed-only carry.

https://floridaphoenix.com/2023/03/29/fl-senate-moves-closer-to-passing-permitless-carry-bill/

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/122381/pizzo_march_29_1_jpg-2763349.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/122381/pizzo_march_29_2_jpg-2763350.JPG

Yes but that means a ton of people on the street with no training and no classes to learn what the laws are. There will be a bunch shooting themselves or their kids or in prison because they don't know the difference between defense and murder. I'm talking about people shooting someone over a parking spot or road rage.

As for the guy that loves South Dakota, I'm glad but as I look out the back door I know I would never live in SD. My Avatar is the view from the deck.

jsbhike
04-04-23, 16:06
Yes but that means a ton of people on the street with no training and no classes to learn what the laws are. There will be a bunch shooting themselves or their kids or in prison because they don't know the difference between defense and murder. I'm talking about people shooting someone over a parking spot or road rage.

As for the guy that loves South Dakota, I'm glad but as I look out the back door I know I would never live in SD. My Avatar is the view from the deck.

Blood in the streets and Lee Paige.