PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever stay at the Hale Koa Resort on Waikiki (military resort)?

ABNAK
03-26-23, 18:51
I do know you have to make reservations about a year in advance, but was wondering if it was nice, well-kept, and clean.

https://www.halekoa.com/

Robertsk1
03-26-23, 19:17
Stayed there for about 10 days back in 2007. It was awesome, very clean, good food great rooms. But that was 16 years ago.

Wake27
03-26-23, 19:49
I was there for about 10 days in December of 2018. It was nice, well-kept, and clean but was showing its age. They were renovating it then, I’m assuming it’s been fully refreshed by now. I really liked it. I thought it’d be kind of trash since it’s DOD related but it was solid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Pacific5th
03-26-23, 19:58
New to the VA thing after getting some disability after 18 years. I can get on base and what not but does anyone know if disability is enough to get access to the military resorts and camp grounds? Did 4 years.

SteyrAUG
03-26-23, 20:03
I was there for about 10 days in December of 2018. It was nice, well-kept, and clean but was showing its age. They were renovating it then, I’m assuming it’s been fully refreshed by now. I really liked it. I thought it’d be kind of trash since it’s DOD related but it was solid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That's so nice to hear. The whole "see the world and travel" is one of the few true benefits enjoyed by those in the military and I'm glad they have the opportunity to visit someplace nicer than Iraq, Afghanistan or Haiti.

ABNAK
03-26-23, 20:31
New to the VA thing after getting some disability after 18 years. I can get on base and what not but does anyone know if disability is enough to get access to the military resorts and camp grounds? Did 4 years.

As far as ex-military in campgrounds is concerned, IIRC a few years back they opened all U.S. National Parks to allow vets for free. Not sure about resorts like Hale Koa though and if there's a minimum VA rating that applies or not.

FromMyColdDeadHand
03-26-23, 21:45
When my mom said she was staying at the Hale KOA, I thought she meant it was a KOA campground. Mom mom and her Ex-MIL 2nd husband stayed there and I was at the Hilton next door. The Hale Koa has a nice beach and cool pool, but it was 10 years ago. Nice general facilities and close to a lot of shops and restaurants.

Adrenaline_6
03-26-23, 22:01
I do know you have to make reservations about a year in advance, but was wondering if it was nice, well-kept, and clean.

https://www.halekoa.com/

Your in the heart of tourist town. Nothing wrong with that for a couple days, but it's all the same. The Arizona Memorial is a must though. If you get a chance to check the other islands like Maui, Kauai or the Big Island...do it. That's more the real Hawaii.

Don't leave any valuables in the rental, they are prime targets.

seb5
03-27-23, 05:52

Yes, all active, retired, reserve, guardsman, and service connected can stay. Also you can sponsor two other rooms for unaffiliated guests.