PDA

View Full Version : AR-15 filmed exploding from bore obstruction/over-pressure at 187,000 FPS

Leonidas24
04-03-23, 17:12
I've followed Gavin and Dan since they started Slow Mo Guys 2010 and through the video game industry around the same time. They have some of the most incredible high-speed footage of some of the coolest subjects that you'd never expect to see filmed at high speed. A few years back, they fired a 152mm anti-tank gun through watermelons and in another vid filmed a shape charge blasting a hole through a safe. They cover a lot of topics with firearms and are worth checking out, if only for the comedic relief.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSvAg-nKZtQ

markm
04-03-23, 17:21
A couple of Retards with a low budget gun show did this stupid shit on their show before. Loaded a rifle cartridge wtih pistol powder. To me, it's retarded circus nonsense... and reason 10,087 why youtube gun videos are trash.

SteyrAUG
04-03-23, 18:08
Hey let's put a SLAP round in an ultra budget .50 BMG and see what happens.

Not clicking for retards.

titsonritz
04-03-23, 18:38
A couple of Retards with a low budget gun show did this stupid shit on their show before. Loaded a rifle cartridge wtih pistol powder. To me, it's retarded circus nonsense... and reason 10,087 why youtube gun videos are trash.

Hey let's put a SLAP round in an ultra budget .50 BMG and see what happens.

Not clicking for retards.

^^^Nothing further to add. Zero clicks for retards.

Coal Dragger
04-03-23, 21:55
I’m waiting for the video where that retard manages to kill himself. He almost got it done with his .50 Cal with a zip gun breech. I enjoyed that one. Would have been better if he died. The world needs fewer stupid people.

Buncheong
04-03-23, 22:00
To me, it's retarded circus nonsense... and reason 10,087 why youtube gun videos are trash.

Like TWTR, YouTube itself is a dung heap. But since the majority of people in America long ago outsourced their critical, independent thought process, they will gobble up the low IQ slop that YouTube feeds them, just as they do sodas loaded with corn syrup.

Leonidas24
04-03-23, 22:13
Like TWTR, YouTube itself is a dung heap. But since the majority of people in America long ago outsourced their critical, independent thought process, they will gobble up the low IQ slop that YouTube feeds them, just as they do sodas loaded with corn syrup.

It's entertainment, not a technical resource. The video is interesting in that it shows, in slow motion, the left side of the upper receiver exploding outward and the majority of the blast being directed downward through the magazine well. For the over 50 crowd, just watch it with the sound off and add Chris Bartocci's monotonous nasal voice through imagination and enjoy the visuals.

The Dumb Gun Collector
04-03-23, 22:19
Very fun watch.

SteyrAUG
04-03-23, 22:27

Given that Coke and the rest have been using HFCS since 1980, few people actually remember "real" real Coke. You can blame it on trade costs and farm subsidies. If we wanted to we could satisfy US demand with domestic production of sugar.

I honestly never noticed the changeover, but I did notice that Coke from an 8 oz bottle tastes superior to the same Coke from a 12 oz can and that 12 oz can tastes superior to the same Coke from a 2 liter bottle. Sadly "kosher" Cokes only seem to be available in 2 liter bottles, if they were available in cans I'd buy that instead.

I've had Mexican coke, but I worry more about Mexican quality control than I do corn syrups vs. sugar.

SteyrAUG
04-03-23, 22:29
It's entertainment, not a technical resource. The video is interesting in that it shows, in slow motion, the left side of the upper receiver exploding outward and the majority of the blast being directed downward through the magazine well. For the over 50 crowd, just watch it with the sound off and add Chris Bartocci's monotonous nasal voice through imagination and enjoy the visuals.

It's generated ad revenue to f'ing morons and I'm not willing to do that. F'ing morons should starve. I'm not helping them pay for more ammo to do more stupid shit with guns. They are the clown world of firearms and need to be ignored.

Leonidas24
04-03-23, 22:41
It's generated ad revenue to f'ing morons and I'm not willing to do that. F'ing morons should starve. I'm not helping them pay for more ammo to do more stupid shit with guns. They are the clown world of firearms and need to be ignored.

Ad blocker extension for Firefox. No more ads. Voila.

SteyrAUG
04-03-23, 22:50
Ad blocker extension for Firefox. No more ads. Voila.

LOL. They get paid per view. YouTuber earns around $0.18 for each view, which amounts to $180 for every 1,000 views.

So F those guys. Not helping them.

Averageman
04-03-23, 23:34
I had a defective gun blow up in my hands one time.
That was about enough of the bull shit for me.

georgeib
04-04-23, 10:06
LOL. They get paid per view. YouTuber earns around $0.18 for each view, which amounts to $180 for every 1,000 views.

So F those guys. Not helping them.My son, when he was younger, tried his hand at being a Youtuber. They get paid based on ad clicks, not by views. Though there's clearly a correlation between views and ad clicks. No ads; no revenue. Unless, of course, a channel has been demonetized, in which case even though YT tries to load ads, the channel owner still doesn't get paid.

I use Adblock, and get zero ads. FWIW.

Sam
04-04-23, 10:08
beavis and butthead of guns.

Sidneyious
04-04-23, 11:30
It's entertainment, not a technical resource. The video is interesting in that it shows, in slow motion, the left side of the upper receiver exploding outward and the majority of the blast being directed downward through the magazine well. For the over 50 crowd, just watch it with the sound off and add Chris Bartocci's monotonous nasal voice through imagination and enjoy the visuals.Or wait an hour for nutnfancy or the Yankee marshal to make a video about it and not talk about it.

Sidneyious
04-04-23, 11:31
It's generated ad revenue to f'ing morons and I'm not willing to do that. F'ing morons should starve. I'm not helping them pay for more ammo to do more stupid shit with guns. They are the clown world of firearms and need to be ignored.Clown world of forum bloggers

Disciple
04-04-23, 12:52
I find the Slow Mo Guys videos interesting. Who else is freely providing what they do?

You "no clicks for retards" lot don't sound too smart yourselves if you cannot figure out how to download a YT video directly and without ads.

SteyrAUG
04-04-23, 15:40
I find the Slow Mo Guys videos interesting. Who else is freely providing what they do?

You "no clicks for retards" lot don't sound too smart yourselves if you cannot figure out how to download a YT video directly and without ads.

Despite the assertions of some, they are paid by view (clicks) and I don't wish help put money in their pocket. If you download the video with any of the video DL programs out there, it's basically another view.

jsbhike
04-04-23, 16:17
Despite the assertions of some, they are paid by view (clicks) and I don't wish help put money in their pocket. If you download the video with any of the video DL programs out there, it's basically another view.

Maybe not due to being firearms related.

tomme boy
04-05-23, 00:13
I've had Mexican coke, but I worry more about Mexican quality control than I do corn syrups vs. sugar.

Mexican coke is made with corn syrup despite what it says. It has been tested and it only has glucose in it.

SteyrAUG
04-05-23, 00:16
Mexican coke is made with corn syrup despite what it says. It has been tested and it only has glucose in it.

Not surprised.