PDA

View Full Version : Travis Haley video

jsbhike
04-04-23, 21:14
A bit surprising.

https://youtu.be/H3tSZ0UAEno

Jonnyt16
04-04-23, 21:37
Whoa. Wasn't really expecting that. Very...cryptic.

C-grunt
04-04-23, 22:04
That was odd

SteyrAUG
04-04-23, 22:26
ok then.

Sam
04-04-23, 22:31
Oh look out Travis, better watch yourself or you'll be marked as a domestic extremist like Mike Glover.

hotbiggun42
04-04-23, 22:38
Im sure the .gov has watched that video numerous times.

Hush
04-04-23, 22:44
He's not wrong. Been waiting for all the military celebrities to wake up to the "and domestic" part of the oath. I hope he's ok.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

FromMyColdDeadHand
04-04-23, 23:38
He’ll have to be a little less cryptic with the ‘killing the wrong people’ line for me. We shoot so many people, I have to think some of them are the right ones. I’ve gotten to spend a few classes with Travis. Eaten a Wendy’s Frosty with him. He’s a very thoughtful - as in full of thoughts- guy. I wish he’d run against Boebert for that Congress seat out there.

prepare
04-05-23, 03:41
He's like a lot of veterans that have come to realize the military is just an extension of politics/corruption.

He's also come to the realization that those in charge of our country view people who are capable and not dependent on the gov as a threat.

He’s on the right track…

Alpha-17
04-05-23, 08:05
Interesting.

HKGuns
04-05-23, 08:19
That was wandering and fairly obtuse. But he's right, we're killing the wrong people.

prepare
04-05-23, 08:43
Part of what’s been happening is the US has been destabilizing foreign governments and starting civil wars, then pretending to come to the rescue of their chosen side while exploiting both sides for profit and hegemony. The same thing is happening now in Ukraine.

WillBrink
04-05-23, 09:12
Can't really fault anything he said on the surface, and many (most?) who age out of the "ra ra" phase of their young lives and eyes open with time and maturity, often conclude they were just a pawn in a much larger game for power and $. If anything, he seems to have made that leap younger than most.

Nothing he said was anti American, anti Liberty, anti Freedom, just anti being used as disposable by forces who don't actually give a damn about American, Liberty, Freedom or what the US actually stands for.

We are not a perfect country, still the greatest nation on earth, and I personally have no doubts Travis would agree with that assessment.

His 10 year follow up was a detailed account of that battle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v00pc9-zP_s

prepare
04-05-23, 09:47
There’s nothing anti American about the truth.

When you correct your child’s behavior and point out where it’s wrong that’s not being anti child.

C-grunt
04-05-23, 12:52
What was the whole thing about Najaf being the "Benghazi of Iraq" about?

chuckman
04-05-23, 13:07
What was the whole thing about Najaf being the "Benghazi of Iraq" about?

Not entirely sure. My guess was that was right after the Blackhawk contractors were killed and the big insurgent offensive started in Najaf. Najaf was a freaking horrible place that spring and summer.

themonk
04-05-23, 16:29
Die Free!

jsbhike
04-05-23, 17:06
Can't really fault anything he said on the surface, and many (most?) who age out of the "ra ra" phase of their young lives and eyes open with time and maturity, often conclude they were just a pawn in a much larger game for power and $. If anything, he seems to have made that leap younger than most.

The level of support for involvement in Russia & Ukraine doesn't instill much hope in a lesson being learned.

prepare
04-05-23, 17:17
The level of support for involvement in Russia & Ukraine doesn't instill much hope in a lesson being learned.

You don't find that level of support among Travis Haley's veteran peer group.

Of course the administration response is to double down on stupid.

jsbhike
04-05-23, 17:24
You don't find that level of support among Travis Haley's veteran peer group.

Of course the administration response is to double down on stupid.

Sounds like some of his peers do support it.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/us-army-vet-volunteers-train-ukrainians

prepare
04-05-23, 19:12
Sounds like some of his peers do support it.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/us-army-vet-volunteers-train-ukrainians

All veterans aren't peers.

jsbhike
04-05-23, 19:40
All veterans aren't peers.

Not all, some.

https://abc7news.com/russia-ukraine-war-russian-news-gsmsg-us-special-forces/11621588/

Sidneyious
04-05-23, 20:47
Isn't he a pmc?

jsbhike
04-05-23, 21:11
Isn't he a pmc?

Seems like contracting was mentioned around the midpoint.

FromMyColdDeadHand
04-06-23, 07:29
IIRC,

RECON Marine
PMC for Blackwater (PSD for Bremer?)
President of Magpul
Firearms Trainer
He might of done some contract work?
His own gear and training company

Do we really need to explain who Travis is? Times change.

ST911
04-06-23, 07:43
Do we really need to explain who Travis is? Times change.

Najaf is about 19 years ago. Magpul Dynamics and "Art of..." vids are about 15. Less celeb/icon these days. Depends on what your points of reference for him are.

We're entering an era in which new pistol shooters won't know handguns without optics.

Yet another way to feel old today. :)

Sam
04-06-23, 09:05
I was wondering who they're asking about? I guess Haley is from an intermediate era that some people won't know who he is. It's either Wyatt Earp or whoever today's hot shot guy is, no one in between.

Averageman
04-06-23, 09:16
I was wondering who they're asking about? I guess Haley is from an intermediate era that some people won't know who he is. It's either Wyatt Earp or whoever today's hot shot guy is, no one in between.

To be honest, there were so many "High Speed" guys emerging 25-15 years ago, you practically needed a "Batting Order" to keep them all straight.
Not putting anyone's service down, actually quite the opposite. A lot of talented People back then were popping up back then.
The TTP's were being developed as they went door to door.

jsbhike
04-06-23, 09:38

Mentioning Jeff Cooper must be a real head scratcher.

FromMyColdDeadHand
04-06-23, 09:59
Well, we just made Travis' day. Let's crap on Costa now and his Tactical Santa look... :)

sadmin
04-06-23, 10:05
Good for him stating the facts. I dont feel like its much of a revelation to anyone here given over the last 15 years we share clips from Tales from an Economic Hitman or the 1984 interview between Griffin & Bezmenov. It is just hard to rationalize when I consider Arlington, Lorraine, or Colleville-sur-Mer.
This country isnt the one I recognize and I'm only 44 now. Not one I want my kids to be wrapped up in either.

Averageman
04-06-23, 10:20
Well, we just made Travis' day. Let's crap on Costa now and his Tactical Santa look... :)

I'm very interested in how people learn.
Instructors that I worked with in the Military were usually a Big Hit, or a Big Miss. When you had a good one, it's always best to latch on to him and pay attention.
When it comes to Instructors, there are those who can speak from a podium and those who can teach from the field.
I tend to appreciate peer type instruction, it's a mutual respect thing.
God Bless all of them who went there, did that and came home.

jsbhike
04-06-23, 11:40
Instructors that I worked with in the Military were usually a Big Hit, or a Big Miss.

This used to be on with a different title and date.

The assistant would have been terrifying.

https://youtu.be/HsqBtvYQwx0

prepare
04-23-23, 03:29
Context:

https://youtu.be/AKMDW6zkK7Y