PDA

View Full Version : HK USP vs P2000

Slater
04-06-23, 10:04
Is the P2000 basically an updated USP or are there more substantial differences?

Defaultmp3
04-06-23, 10:48
The P2000 is a more of a modern USP Compact, not USP. It lacks the two-stage RSA of the USP. The P2000 also has a different trigger mechanism in general, closer to the P30, and usually is seen to have an inferior trigger in terms of feel, along with a more difficult trigger to convert between modes (the HK45 and HK45C have trigger mechanisms closer to the USP and USP-C, where a detent plate change can be used to easily swap between different trigger modes between SAO, DAO, and DA/SA, though LEM trigger installs are always going to be more involved).

ABNAK
04-07-23, 18:08
I have both a P2000SK LEM 9mm and a P2000 LEM .40, the latter having been the USBP issued weapon from 2006 until 2021. I like them both. They are built like tanks, with typical HK quality. The LEM trigger is the shiznit.

They do seem to remind me of the USP, but I'm not an HK expert so can't vouch for the relationship between the two.

The Dumb Gun Collector
04-07-23, 18:10
I have a soft spot for the P2000. It is closely related to the USP compact but it has a trimmer all-around profile that makes it easier for carry. It is very, very close to the G19 in all-around profile and I would guess with the newer HK followers would also match the mag capacity. I spent a few years shooting a P2000 Lem almost exclusively and that miserable bitch of a trigger improved my abilities with every other trigger system. I think a P2000 with a Langdon trigger and HD Sights would be a fantastic one and done 9mm.

Also, the P2000 is much less hassle when it comes to mounting lights, etc.

04-08-23, 12:23
I tried to love a DA/SA P2000 for awhile. Couldn’t do it. That trigger was atrocious. If the trigger would have been as smooth and light as the decocker I would’ve had something!

ABNAK
04-08-23, 14:14
I tried to love a DA/SA P2000 for awhile. Couldn’t do it. That trigger was atrocious. If the trigger would have been as smooth and light as the decocker I would’ve had something!

That's where the LEM trigger option comes into play.