PDA

View Full Version : Who has given up booz and why?

WillBrink
04-06-23, 13:30
When did you give it up and why?

I drink once a week, probably 1-2 more drinks than optimally healthy per data. Considering who I am and what I do for a living, should no doubt quit totally. But, my approach has always been one of (attempted) balance and moderation, and I like to drink. But, I do come from a long line of people who had major issues with booz, and a good % of family members long time AA members.

markm
04-06-23, 13:44
Did the dry January thing this year. I was both dreading and hoping I'd feel GREAT! But I really didn't feel a slight bit better. I partly wanted a good reason to not drink, but after 31 days... no difference.

WillBrink
04-06-23, 13:54
Did the dry January thing this year. I was both dreading and hoping I'd feel GREAT! But I really didn't feel a slight bit better. I partly wanted a good reason to not drink, but after 31 days... no difference.

I took almost 3 months off last year or so, and like you, didn't notice any differences.

titsonritz
04-06-23, 13:57
I gave it up for a year (2022) and have only a few drinks this year. Why? I like it too much.

Adrenaline_6
04-06-23, 14:30
Pretty much gave it up. Just on occasion. Don't really crave it all anymore.

Stickman
04-06-23, 14:31
I took almost 3 months off last year or so, and like you, didn't notice any differences.

Another one along the lines of what MarkM said. I have yet to notice a real difference in anything. I stopped recently to see how much it helps me drop a couple pounds, but I foresee nothing exciting happening. I don't drink to get drunk, and I don't feel any strong desires to have alcohol when I stop.

chuckman
04-06-23, 14:39
Honestly, I probably should (take a break). I can go long periods of not drinking, but when I do, can kill fifth of whiskey in 2 days.

04-06-23, 15:36
Honestly, I probably should (take a break). I can go long periods of not drinking, but when I do, can kill fifth of whiskey in 2 days.

I’m the same way. Like Will I have familial booze history that is concerning enough to make me think about it. About twice a year I quit altogether for a few months and/or moderate to a sharp degree for a few months. During those times, I don’t experience cravings or withdrawal symptoms or anything, nor do I have epiphany-inducing health changes, unfortunately. I do tend to lose a little bit of weight at first, which is fine. I don’t have a ton of excess fat, but losing a bit is a good thing. However, after a couple months, I drastically have to increase my caloric intake or my bodyweight will continue to drop.

I’m actually in a break from booze right now because I had an ulcer, and I was certainly drinking too frequently. The ulcer healed quickly with medication and diet, but I just haven’t really felt like drinking lately. I had two glasses of whiskey at a resturaunt a week ago, and it was kind of disappointing. Waste of money. I’m sometimes a little jealous of normal people that do that like once a quarter, and enjoy it. Did nothing for me. There’s a saying about alcoholics (addicts of any type, really): “one drink is too many, and a thousand are never enough”. The implication is that for other people, 2-4 drinks produces the desired effects without a desire for more, but I don’t get to experience a nice buzz followed by restful sleep. Of that, I am jealous.

I go through phases where I drink more than I should, more frequently than I should, yet alcohol and the human relationship with it is an enigma to me. Its too bad for your health to be a decent every day or even week hobby, it costs money, its a turn off to some women, it has no nutritional value, hangovers exist, makes one stupid and compromises judgement, inhibits learning, practice doesn’t make one better at it, it degrades performance at basically everything, and its garbage as a sleep aid. And on top of that, it is physiologic dependence-forming and one of the most concerning and insidious drugs of abuse in America today.

Gabriel556
04-06-23, 15:41
Last summer I came to the realization that no matter what I drank, I felt like garbage the next day. So I didn’t drink for 4-5 months. At Christmas, I tried a sip of bourbon and was ok, and I occasionally will have a small amount of beer or wine still but not more than half a glass. I enjoy the taste of most because I also enjoy the taste of food, but I don’t really feel different day to day from not drinking, save for the day after. I don’t feel like garbage anymore.

Averageman
04-06-23, 16:17
I think it's good to take a break from any habit now and then. Drinking is one of those things of course, so from time to time, I will abstain.
I'm one of those lucky People, I don't get "Hang Overs".

rero360
04-06-23, 16:33
I was a borderline alcoholic for a brief period almost twenty years ago, but now I’ll have a drink or two with dinner maybe once a week or so, often less frequent than that. The few times I’ve had more drinks I never felt like I was getting drunk but still experienced the hangover the next morning.

sadmin
04-06-23, 17:03
liked it too much. bottle of whiskey went from lasting a month to a couple weeks, to a week, to a few days. trend started. didnt want my young daughters to notice. also went for random colonoscopy and had 68 polyps with no familial history. figured it was yet more confirmation.

DoubleW
04-06-23, 17:21
I enjoy good wine and fine bourbon. I try not to get drunk. I’ll have 1 or 2 at night, take some nights off. I do notice a difference in my sleep quality when I don’t drink…it improves pretty noticeably. However, it has been indisputably proven than moderate drinkers live several years longer than both heavy & non drinkers.

One More Time
04-06-23, 18:10
About 12 years ago I stopped drinking.
Easy 12 pack a day, or bottle of whatever kick I was on at the moment.
Vodka and grapefruit juice for a bit, tequila and beer backs other times.
I had a tendency to keep on rolling and like it a bit to much.
Never drank at work but I showed up pretty buzzed from the night before more times than I can count.

No such thing as just one or two for me so I just don't anymore.
I'm finding stopping smoking much harder, my success rate for that sucks ass.

04-06-23, 18:18
liked it too much. bottle of whiskey went from lasting a month to a couple weeks, to a week, to a few days. trend started. didnt want my young daughters to notice. Solid, mature decision. Nancy said “Just Say No.”, but thats naive, isn’t it? I think that campaign trivialized the importance of home life on behavior and addiction. For every kid that has the opportunity to “Just Say No” to an acquaintance handing him a joint as their first and highly critical experience with drugs, how many were introduced to the long (and it is long; people don’t wake up one day and decide to OD in a vacuum) pathway to addiction in their childhood home by their role models drinking or pushing amphetamines on them? That generational curse is caused by more than genetics.

I enjoy good wine and fine bourbon. I try not to get drunk. I’ll have 1 or 2 at night, take some nights off. I do notice a difference in my sleep quality when I don’t drink…it improves pretty noticeably. However, it has been indisputably proven than moderate drinkers live several years longer than both heavy & non drinkers. You notice the difference in your sleep quality because alcohol inhibits quality REM sleep via the same mechanism as drugs that cause ICU Delirium via that process. The analogy I like to use is “bouncing a check to the sleep bank”. Eventually the sleep bank is going to say “hey, these checks are fake; its not sleep, its sedation…something, something, GABA”.

Will posted a study a few days ago suggesting that moderate drinking as a health strategy is a myth. As much as I’d like to agree with conventional wisdom, I intuitively arrived at the same conclusion years ago. To me, expecting even small amounts of alcohol to be beneficial is intuitively like expecting small amounts of abrasive dust ingestion to improve engine life.

WillBrink
04-06-23, 18:24
Solid, mature decision. Nancy said “Just Say No.”, but thats naive, isn’t it? I think that campaign trivialized the importance of home life on behavior and addiction. For every kid that has the opportunity to “Just Say No” to an acquaintance handing him a joint as their first and highly critical experience with drugs, how many were introduced to the long (and it is long; people don’t wake up one day and decide to OD in a vacuum) pathway to addiction in their childhood home by their role models drinking or pushing amphetamines on them? That generational curse is caused by more than genetics.

You notice the difference in your sleep quality because alcohol inhibits quality REM sleep via the same mechanism as drugs that cause ICU Delirium via that process. The analogy I like to use is “bouncing a check to the sleep bank”. Eventually the sleep bank is going to say “hey, these checks are fake; its not sleep, its sedation…something, something, GABA”.

Will posted a study a few days ago suggesting that moderate drinking as a health strategy is a myth. As much as I’d like to agree with conventional wisdom, I intuitively arrived at the same conclusion years ago. To me, expecting even small amounts of alcohol to be beneficial is intuitively like expecting small amounts of abrasive dust ingestion to improve engine life.

I think the take home there is really moderate drinking not likely to do you harm, not doing you any good either. Data on that one is (surprisingly) still something of a moving target, but right now I think that's where its landed.

04-06-23, 19:00
I think the take home there is really moderate drinking not likely to do you harm, not doing you any good either. Data on that one is (surprisingly) still something of a moving target, but right now I think that's where its landed.

I agree. I’d liken it to refined sugar. Probably won’t hurt you in any easily measurable way in moderation with adequate caloric burn. But, there are plenty of anecdotes available for either to make one second guess “that won’t happen to me”. The opposite is true, too. Going from MODERATE use to abstinence is unlikely to be harmful. Might help, might not. Certainly the less monetarily expensive path.

To be clear, I’m not advocating for Teetotaling. Just being realistic about the real/potential cost of lunch.

hotbiggun42
04-06-23, 22:22
I drank in my early 20s but stopped when i married. Honestly i despise being around drunk people.

MegademiC
04-06-23, 22:41
I noticed a difference in sleep patterns. Ive been getting more into fitness, so I limit to 0-2 drinks a night, and have 1-2 nights a week I have more. The more I workout, the less I care about drinking.

I really love good craft beer and spririts so I'll never go completely dry.

AKjeff
04-06-23, 23:56
I stopped in 2016. I became a supervisor at work and figured I needed to set an example.
Show up on time sober and clear headed, not an example about drinking or not.

Some can handle it in moderation, I couldn't.
My daily six pack was turning into a daily 12 pack and I knew it was time.
I had known since my 20's that I'd have to give it up one day.

AndyLate
04-07-23, 06:11
I basically stopped drinking about 20 years ago when I was in my 30s. One More Time described my experience with alcohol perfectly - "I had a tendency to keep on rolling and like it a bit to much." I never had any problems from drinking, just rarely drank without getting drunk.

I still enjoy a single quality beer after an exceptionally hot day. Nothing like a glass of cold liquid bread to cool off and quench the thirst but I don't keep it in the house. Probably 6 beers in as many years.

Andy

yoni
04-07-23, 06:18
I saw a video of Andrew Huberman that showed the effect of even 1 drink on the brain. So that pushed me to if not stop then darn near stop like 3 months ago. Then we had the holiday Purim which involves drinking, so I had about 4 to 6 shots of good rum. Then this week Passover, so I had 4 glasses of wine during the Sedar.

I also don't smoke cigars like I used to.

NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, having said all that, I tend to drink more when I am working outside of Israel or the USA. Then have a cigar at night with the drinks.

So we will see soon if I change my overseas behavior. I will say I really have not noticed a difference, I think it is because I was not drinking that much any more.

utahjeepr
04-07-23, 09:05
I have throttle control issues with booze. It's my self medication of choice, and that ain't good. I've done some really stupid shit on benders. I've taken "time off" from drinking many times.

At this point I can have a drink or two socially, or maybe the odd drink in the evening. If I get to drinking more than that it's time to take a break.

WillBrink
04-07-23, 09:40
I have throttle control issues with booze. It's my self medication of choice, and that ain't good. I've done some really stupid shit on benders. I've taken "time off" from drinking many times.

At this point I can have a drink or two socially, or maybe the odd drink in the evening. If I get to drinking more than that it's time to take a break.

I'd say a large % of bad decisions and regretful experiences involved booze.

04-07-23, 12:40
I saw a video of Andrew Huberman that showed the effect of even 1 drink on the brain.
Maybe 15 years ago, I was reading about the dose-dependent effects of alcohol, and what I was seeing suggested that fine motor skills, inhibition, and judgement were degraded at a very low dose. So, as someone that is skeptical about basically everything, I had to do an experiment.

I had a computer game that was a first person shooter with vehicles. It wasn’t designed for helos, but someone made a mod. The mouse is cyclic and the keys are collective, and it was fairly twitchy, requiring attention and frequent small inputs. The matches against AI Infantry bots was time, not goal based. So after 20 minutes or whatever, the match would end and a variety of stats, such as kills and kill/death ratio and kills/time were displayed. It was a capture-the-flag style game, so if using the helo, hovering stable against the deck was important, but delicate. Anyway, that game seemed like an easy test of the hypothesis. Over a couple of weeks, I played that game a few times sober, and a few times while drinking whiskey or beer, starting sober, and playing a round per drink and recording the results. What was found was a consistent, precipitous, and reproducible degradation of my ability to play that game (I’m pretty bad at videogames in general, and not a frequent user of games) at two drinks. It was noticeable, even before looking at the stats. I was still beating the AI simply because it was rather rudimentary, but the number of tasks that I could successfully execute (kills, capturing/recapturing flags) per time slot dropped quite a bit, and crashes went from 0-1, to several per time slot, and hit/miss ratio dropped.

Its a dumb experiment, but it has stuck with me, and I’ve noticed that with sufficient scrutiny (shot timer, for example), alcohol always degrades most skills and brainwork as quickly or more quickly than onset of euphoria/anxiolysis/whatever. Much like cannabis, that shit is not a performance-enhancing drug, unless you are trying to self-medicate premature ejaculation.

TBAR_94
04-07-23, 13:06
I quit in early 2020, the whole lock down thing had me drinking way too much and I sensed it was becoming an issue. I have done some dumb stuff drinking but generally wrote it off as “blowing off steam,” or “normal aircrew shenanigans.” After taking 2 years of I let myself have a drink a few times a year in social situations where it makes sense.

joedirt199
04-07-23, 13:40
I have no problem having a beer on occasion. Tastes too dang good sometimes. Been a while since I tied one on real good and felt like poop the next day. Now days I am more comfortable having a beer or two at home on the couch watching tv with the family.

Budget
04-07-23, 16:30
I give it up for Lent usually. I honestly notice a huge difference when I'm drinking and not. Better sleep, fast weight loss, all the things. A couple horrible bosses have driven me to the edge but I start a new job Monday and will take time away from the bottle for a while.

I have found working on a new hobby really takes me away from booze and work stress.

33XRAY
04-07-23, 21:29
I hate my job, and I'd rather drink some booze, than feel anxiety about having to be there. People are egocentric drama queens, and my coworkers ride my coat tails. The people in charge could care less as long as the job gets done. I had my first evaluation it was shitty. Fool me once. At my next one I'll print out my email traffic, and prove I solely supervise, and vigilantly investigate progresses, and act to save operations. I could care less if anyone knows its simple incompetency I deal with, and a waste of my time to care about. I really don't entertain anyone at all over there, and I never laugh at any of their bad jokes. With all the motivation to drink I don't like I used to. Like a 1/5th in days/day, or a 12 pack. I enjoy my personal life, and booze ruins some of it. I don't think I'll ever stop totally because I love music and drinking. Nothing better than pounding some beers and hearing a good song. Tonight I may not drink because I want to enjoy my day off tomorrow.

Coal Dragger
04-07-23, 21:55
I can take or leave booze, it’s not a big priority for me. I maintain a strict self imposed 2 drink limit no matter the situation these days, not because I can’t stop, but because anything in excess of 2 drinks gives me a headache and cotton mouth the next day and I don’t have the patience for that shit.

I reduce that to 1 drink if it is hard alcohol like bourbon, Scotch, or a whiskey cocktail like an old fashioned which I am more fond of than beer or wine. Given a choice, a nice Scotch with a sprig of cool water sipped slowly and enjoyed is my preference.

I avoid all other mixed drinks entirely because if the alcohol is so heinous that the flavor needs to be disguised then I don’t want it. So tequila, rum, gin, and vodka are on my do not drink list.

davidjinks
04-07-23, 22:09
I was a social drinker. When we had parties at the house, we would have beer and spirits. Honestly, I never really liked drinking. Didn’t like the way the alcohol made me feel, recovery time sucked, and most of the stuff just tasted like I was drinking rubbing alcohol.

I haven’t had any alcohol drinks in 5 years. Don’t miss it.

Sidneyious
04-07-23, 22:51
I could go through a gal of $10 vodka in 2 days.

Its been a minute now and I still hate my job, I've always had sleeping problems.

04-08-23, 08:42
I drank a little with my ex wife last night. Nothing sordid or anything.

Ever wake up and immediately think “WTF is wrong with me”?

Averageman
04-08-23, 10:34
I drank a little with my ex wife last night. Nothing sordid or anything.

Ever wake up and immediately think “WTF is wrong with me”?

Depends on if I woke up with my Ex Wife or not....

Bluto
04-08-23, 13:57
As I’ve gotten older my goals and tastes have certainly matured. In my youth it was all about how many jack and cokes I could finish during happy hour because it was cheap and good enough.

Now that I’m in my mid 40’s and getting buzzed or drunk isn’t a goal I find it more enjoyable to enjoy a shot or two of high end scotch over a few hours. Even more enjoyable when it’s used as a reward for hitting a milestone or something I worked hard for.

CPM
04-08-23, 14:01
I struggled with alcohol my entire life. The military and war (2006-2010) made it even worse. I quit drinking from 2010-2014. No program, no nothing. In 2014 I went back out for a few months before accepting defeat. I looked at everything I had accomplished, tried, etc… the only thing I had not done was get a sponsor and work the steps of AA, which is what I decided to try.

I have been sober and free since 8/28/14.

gaijin
04-08-23, 14:29
Dec. will be 20 yrs not drinking (the 7th; Tora Tora Tora!).
Type 2 Diabetic, family history of Alcohol abuse on both sides of family.
It was just time to quit.

hoopharted
04-08-23, 19:24
gave it up 2 months shy of 20 years ago , im Native , Mi'gmaq , we're really not known for control when it comes to drink , its a all or nothing thing

AppalachianThunder
04-09-23, 04:34
Only when I drink alone.

Stayed at the house for a year during the plandemic to get the place finished up.

Every morning I woke up was a miracle. So dumb.

Opie
04-09-23, 10:09
Stopped 18 years ago because of family history and I started getting hangovers. Never looked back, and I can't stand drunk people now!

04-09-23, 11:02
I struggled with alcohol my entire life. The military and war (2006-2010) made it even worse. I quit drinking from 2010-2014. No program, no nothing. In 2014 I went back out for a few months before accepting defeat. I looked at everything I had accomplished, tried, etc… the only thing I had not done was get a sponsor and work the steps of AA, which is what I decided to try.

I have been sober and free since 8/28/14.
Thanks for sharing that. I’ve been on a project analyzing post-separation deaths of a subset of Veterans, so its genuinely great to hear about successful azimuth corrections. I think you know how common of an element booze is for combat Vets that don’t make it to 40 years, but someone else reading might not, and anyone on the fence in need of a wake up call should look into that.

CPM
04-12-23, 22:23
Thanks for sharing that. I’ve been on a project analyzing post-separation deaths of a subset of Veterans, so its genuinely great to hear about successful azimuth corrections. I think you know how common of an element booze is for combat Vets that don’t make it to 40 years, but someone else reading might not, and anyone on the fence in need of a wake up call should look into that.

The two greatest soldiers I have ever known, genuine warriors, killed themselves. One was with a pistol, the other drugs and alcohol. I could bore you with their stories, but they are incredible. The latter was my best friend. He saved my life in Iraq, and I watched him kill himself over a period of years. The good news is that there is a solution, you just have to genuinely want it. Most never get to that point and end up dying. I have no idea why I was blessed, but I am grateful beyond words.

Swobe1
04-13-23, 02:25
My wife and I quit this year on 1 Jan. She stopped because she's trying to finish school and I decided to stop with her. I only drank beer, and only craft beer. I was drinking maybe only two or three beers a day. I don't miss it, but I also don't think I feel tremendously different that I can say I won't have a beer again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tb-av
04-13-23, 22:24

On multiple occasions I have quit for 1 year, 2 years, 5 years, never felt any different. I mean if you drink too much and get a hangover, obviously you feel different that day. But overall daily life feeling... I'm the same person feeling the same way.

tb-av
04-14-23, 00:03
Its a dumb experiment, but it has stuck with me, and I’ve noticed that with sufficient scrutiny (shot timer, for example), alcohol always degrades most skills and brainwork as quickly or more quickly than onset of euphoria/anxiolysis/whatever. Much like cannabis, that shit is not a performance-enhancing drug, unless you are trying to self-medicate premature ejaculation.

It is interesting to note how this relates to the music industry though. Music creation. There has been a LOT of music created with drugs and alcohol and a lot is considered classic and timeless. There is a YouTube guy Adam Neely. He's a young guy and somewhat of a historian but also a really good bass player / composer. He did a video on how he got high one night before a gig and how difficult it was. It's a strange thing. Alcohol and drugs take things from you and sometimes open up doors that allow you to do positive things you would not otherwise have ever thought of. I'm not suggesting or condoning alcohol and drug use btw.

I have had many conversations with friends and asked how in the world can musicians go out on stage on LSD, pot, booze, whatever, and play their instruments. The fact is they have done so, some still do, and some of it is still considered peerless. My completely uneducated theory is this... Their instrument is an extension of their body/personality. Their fine motor skills might get diminished but their creative side runs free.

It's a really interesting thing to ponder. Certain things alcohol makes worse and certain things it might make better. "(I’m pretty bad at videogames in general, and not a frequent user of games)" Imagine if you played a musical instrument and were proficient. Or, maybe if you had decades on the computer games. I've never played any modern games but have watched people do so. Many of these games seem to be task oriented. IOW, if you don't do this, you don't progress. Imagine if you could just freeflow where you create in the moment rather than perform a task.

It's not a dumb experiment. Your results seem pretty much what I would expect. "performance enhancing" -- I think, again this is just my theory, alcohol, cannabis, whatever, at some point of ingestion, opens up door in a persons mind. At that point their already developed skills can function even in a diminished manner beyond what they have done before... sometimes. You said you were not a gamer, well you won't become a gamer with a drink and spliff. On the other hand Roger Waters could do the same as you and come up with a double platinum riff that otherwise would never have entered his mind. You two sitting together having a couple of pints and a joint. You get nothing. He get's magic.

I think that's why so many of us here say... no difference. We have lives that dictate who we are on a day to day, if not hour to hour basis. I would say to anyone, if you don't like alcohol, or if you feel you need alcohol. Just get rid of it. If nothing else you will have more money.

04-14-23, 11:18
It is interesting to note how this relates to the music industry though. Music creation. There has been a LOT of music created with drugs and alcohol and a lot is considered classic and timeless.
Yeah, drug and alcohol use are common among musicians that I would consider successful. Of course, I don’t know these people, and I don’t know how they feel about their lives and habits when I’m not watching. And, mental illness, suicidal ideation, and unemployment/underemployment are are all endemic in that career field. For many listeners, relatability is important, so sharing common flaws or struggles has an appeal. Another consideration is that Bipolar Disorder is common among many musicians. They can write while they are manic, a part of the cycle that comes with elevated social behavior, drinking and doing drugs without seeming to get tired, and hypersexuality, but they can also relate to listeners that experience unipolar depression, yet have periods with enough energy to write about it, and to go about life in a way that makes unipolar peeps envious.

I’ve always joked about partying like a rockstar, but perhaps whats between the lines there isn’t as positive as at first glance.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
04-14-23, 11:32
I drink whiskey a few times a week all summer long on my porch with a cigar. I hardly if ever drink outside of that. I never feel better or worse because of drinking or not. Maybe that is because I dont drink enough, who knows.

Pappabear
04-14-23, 11:48
I grew up in KY, so I got reacquainted with Bourbon after a long hiatus. And I drink bourbon like beer and beer like water, not ideal. So about 6 months ago I gave up bourbon almost entirely. Then we did dry January ( My son did 75 strong).

I told my son at two weeks, ( I used to do dry Jan before it was a thing) you will feel like superman. But it didn't happen at 61 anymore. I would wake up and feel like shit and be think, damn I drank too much last night ( but I didn't drink). Getting old really sucks.

It is interesting to read this thread and see so many people that could see, "oh shit I have to quit drinking this or that". But it has always amazed me that with some people the light never comes on, they never think " I need to quit drinking or eating or....choose your poison. Or something stops them from listening to that voice of reason in their head.

PB

Sidneyious
04-14-23, 14:49
Going on 3 months dry now and everything still hurts, I'm either bored as hell and can't sleep or I can just sleep all day long.

And the coffee isn't a factor for any of it, hell yesterday I had 3 cups of coffee after work and I just straight up passed out.

Pappabear
04-14-23, 15:17
Going on 3 months dry now and everything still hurts, I'm either bored as hell and can't sleep or I can just sleep all day long.

And the coffee isn't a factor for any of it, hell yesterday I had 3 cups of coffee after work and I just straight up passed out.

Sid you just killed me. 3 cups of coffee night night. I can drink ice tea all day long. Grew up drinking with 3 meals a day. But I couldn’t rattle off 3 cups of coffee. Strange how different caffeine is different on people.

PB

WillBrink
04-14-23, 15:19

"I drink to make other people more interesting." ― Hemingway,

True story.

Sidneyious
04-14-23, 15:26
Sid you just killed me. 3 cups of coffee night night. I can drink ice tea all day long. Grew up drinking with 3 meals a day. But I couldn’t rattle off 3 cups of coffee. Strange how different caffeine is different on people.

PBYep, I can be awake for 36 hours and I can also sleep for 36 hours

Averageman
04-14-23, 17:56
I have a difficult time with alcohol because,
A) I don't "Get Drunk", until I'm on my azz drunk. I don't feel a thing until I do and then I'm hammered, 0-60 in 3 seconds.
B) I don't get hangtovers, never.
C) I don't like to drink in clubs or bars, maybe a scotch with my steak if I go out to dine. I drink at home, alone; which is not very safe see A.

It has brought some trouble to my life, so I don't drink like that very often anymore. It has been a fun way to waste time and money though.

WillBrink
04-15-23, 07:16
Wrong thread/

WillBrink
04-15-23, 07:16
Wrong thread.

georgeib
04-15-23, 07:23
Via his own page (so none of the Putin lovers can can claim US propaganda), "Yevgeny Prigozhin, leader of the Wagner Group, asks the Russian authorities to declare the end of the war and concentrate on gaining a foothold in the occupied territories of Ukraine."

https://news.yahoo.com/wagner-group-leader-calls-putin-190000516.htmlPerhaps ironically, this is the alcohol thread, not the Biden regime shill propaganda thread on Ukraine.

WillBrink
04-15-23, 07:34
Wrong thread

WillBrink
04-15-23, 07:35
Perhaps ironically, this is the alcohol thread, not the Biden regime shill propaganda thread on Ukraine.

I swear the forum is acting wacky.

Averageman
04-15-23, 08:28
I swear the forum is acting wacky.

I gave up booze when I started posting here on the wrong thread.

One More Time
04-15-23, 09:18
I don't "Get Drunk", until I'm on my azz drunk. I don't feel a thing until I do and then I'm hammered, 0-60 in 3 seconds.
That's how I was.
When I got my first DUI I wasn't drinking that day but still blew over the limit and reeked like booze.

Never really got hangovers either, then it went to hangovers that would have me just hanging my head over the side of the bed and trying to throw up all day and drinking water just to stop dry heaving.
Don't miss that at all.

Sidneyious
04-15-23, 09:30
I gave up booze when I started posting here on the wrong thread.No he's right, the forum/Tapatalk is being ****ing weird.

WillBrink
04-15-23, 09:33
No he's right, the forum/Tapatalk is being ****ing weird.

It also posted it 4 times. Weirdness.