mark5pt56
04-09-23, 05:31
Any reason not to?

WillieThom
04-09-23, 07:42
Do it.

mark5pt56
04-09-23, 07:50
While I'm a Glock guy, leaving them stock and simply pulling the trigger. Three guns I've had and regret selling, the 85 Beretta, HK 91 and the CZ75 I purchased while overseas in Frankfurt, FRG. I've replaced the other two and looks like this is it! The Beretta was the first gun I ever purchased, the HK was the first rifle.

yoni
04-09-23, 09:44
CZ75 is a great gun.

I own CZ pistols but they are modern with poly frames.

My metal frame 9mm is a Hi Power because I carried one for a long time.

I say go for it.

Gary1911A1
04-09-23, 09:54
I really like the CZ75 for a number of reasons, but the grip shape is the the main one as it allows me to more closely close my hand into almost a fist which gives me the strongest grip on any handgun. There's a reason Col. Cooper thought so highly of them.;)

gaijin
04-09-23, 10:13
Ditto “thumbs up” for CZ75.

Screwball
04-09-23, 10:32
I picked up an SP-01 a few years back… while in NJ. Moved to ME and upgraded all my magazines from 15 to 17.

Only real upgrade I did to it was the CZ spur hammer. To me, I prefer it to the stock hammer.

https://i.imgur.com/EEQlRsp.jpg

I like the retro guns that have been coming out lately. I already have the Glock P80. To me, I really don’t have a need for a CZ-75 Retro. Rather have the rail for lights and swap in the hammer to make it feel a little better for me.

joedirt199
04-09-23, 11:13
CZ all things. I hated testing reloads for accuracy durring load developement with my glock 22. Now my 4 CZs with Cajun guts is much more fun to test with. Those triggers are amazing. SP01 Shadow, SP01 Phantom, P07 and P09 are what I got.

Bret
04-09-23, 16:06
I have one and like it, mostly because I prefer the rounded trigger guard over the squared trigger guard. The Retro is basically the same as a regular CZ-75B except that it has the rounded trigger guard and spur hammer. Unlike the pre-B versions, the Retro does have a firing pin block safety. Here's mine along with my pre-B.

https://i.postimg.cc/3xbqmZZd/CZ75-B-Retro-vs-CZ75-left-views.jpg

BrigandTwoFour
04-09-23, 16:43
In the last four years, I've become a big fan of CZ pistols. These two are my rotating EDCs. I also have a P10F with optics as my comp gun.

The retro looks fun, and I would go for it.

https://everydaymarksman.files.wordpress.com/2022/01/pcr-p07.jpg

Biggy
04-09-23, 17:40
I love my CZ's also. I have two CZ P-07's and one CZ75 P-01 Omega, all of them have been Cajunized and they all have been totally reliable and have very good accuracy. I carry AIWB and I prefer DA/SA pistols.

https://i.imgur.com/Pbw7SR5h.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/vt6PyL9h.jpg

SteyrAUG
04-09-23, 18:37
With all of the original 75B's out there, why not just grab one of those?

26 Inf
04-10-23, 00:09
I have three:

At the top is a Cajunized 75B SA. I wish I had bought this pistol about 5 or 6 years before I did, it would have saved me some money during my search for the perfect metallic sight pistol for action pistol.

Middle is an 85 (ambi) that I bought surplus.

Bottom, despite the squared trigger guard that is a 75 Pre-B. Another surplus pistol, the serial numbers all match and the slide does not have a firing pin safety, so Pre-B. This was my first refinish job using Morrel Moly-Resin, as you can see I messed up the front of the frame, got a smudge in there. The it has new stock fire control parts. When I get around to it, I'm going to get a flat trigger.

Bret
04-10-23, 08:16
26 Inf, What's the date on the pre-B? CZ transitioned to the B and the square trigger guard around the same time in the early 90's.

m4brian
04-10-23, 12:36
With all of the original 75B's out there, why not just grab one of those?

This. Be judicious, and a good PreB can be found. It will have a shorter reset and be the 'real deal'.

Recent "Retros" also have the funky slanted slide serrrations. RSR imported some back about 10 years ago that had the right serrations (re P01) and slide top - very nice. One advantage to the Retro is the sights.

Otherwise a PreB is just fine and you can tune them up easily. (The safety is not the big deal people make it out to be).

26 Inf
04-10-23, 23:45
26 Inf, What's the date on the pre-B? CZ transitioned to the B and the square trigger guard around the same time in the early 90's.

It's a 92. The frame slide and barrel all have the dame serial number. The slide has no firing pin safety, but has a pinned front sight.

mark5pt56
04-11-23, 05:48
Well for 500 clams, the NIB Retro is home safe. This came from a shop, plus I wasn't aware until I read about it, there's only 1000 of these made.

Bret
04-11-23, 09:36
It's a 92. The frame slide and barrel all have the dame serial number. The slide has no firing pin safety, but has a pinned front sight.
The odd thing is that during the same time period they made some B's with rounded trigger guards.

Well for 500 clams, the NIB Retro is home safe. This came from a shop, plus I wasn't aware until I read about it, there's only 1000 of these made.
There may be 1,000 of that particular sku number, but that doesn't tell the whole story. CZ will change one feature and assign a new sku number. For example, they previously released the Cold War Commemorative which is a very similar pistol. The primary difference is that the Cold War Commemorative adds a hammer & sickle and a commie star. While I liked the features of the pistol, there was no way that I was going to buy pistol adorned with symbols commemorating communism. Fortunately, CZ must have realized that it hurt sales, so they released basically the same pistol without such symbols.

https://i.imgur.com/vFe9lxJ.jpg

Slater
04-11-23, 10:07
Those markings are basically "cool to own" designs. I don't think they have any basis in reality.

Bret
04-11-23, 10:38
I wouldn't want a swastika on a pistol commemorating the end of WWII in Europe. Symbols commemorating an ideology that has murdered three times as many people are no better.

m4brian
04-11-23, 10:52
I wouldn't want a swastika on a pistol commemorating the end of WWII in Europe. Symbols commemorating an ideology that has murdered three times as many people are no better.

True: The whole commie logo on a Czech gun (slave country where some good people paid the price) is a bit over the top. Like maybe putting BLM logo on an S&W.

BKennedy
04-23-23, 01:55
Saw one of these next to a BD today. I never hear about the BD, is there some reason for that?

Bret
04-23-23, 08:56
More people prefer to carry cocked and locked versus having a long double action first shot, at least when it comes to the CZ75.

m4brian
04-24-23, 08:44
"More people prefer" may indeed desire CL carry. I don't. Lowering the hammer safely especially with a FPB is pretty easy. When I carry my PreB I let it down. But if you are buying this gun, you may want to use it CL.

Bret
04-24-23, 12:33
One thing to keep in mind about the CZ75 (the regular non-BD version) is that the manual safety can't be rotated to safe if the hammer is down. Therefore, there is no option to carry hammer down for a double action first shot with the safety on. Tanfoglios and other clones can have the safety on with the hammer down.

WillieThom
05-01-23, 02:59

Pics and range report forthcoming?