PDA

View Full Version : Opinions Needed: Which 2023 Colt Model would you want Tanodized?

ZGXtreme
04-15-23, 08:27
After looking over the 2023 Commercial and Government catalogs, I obviously noticed where specific orders/runs could be placed in tan. I reached out to a Colt LE dealer and inquired about their interest in doing an order given there being nothing offered as a standard offering. I was told right now they are sitting on too many Colts to place an order but they then asked if an order was to be placed, what model would be the preferred one to have Tanodized. I offered up my suggestions but also mentioned I would throw the idea out there for discussion among the forums to solicit feedback. I will give it about a month then I will send them the model(s) that were desired most so they can make a determination in the future.

grizzman
04-15-23, 10:46
I just read through what seems to be the 2023 commercial catalog, and didn't see any mention of clear Anodizing as an option.

The only commercial Colts I consider worthy of clear Anodizing are the EPR and Mid Length Carbine.

ZGXtreme
04-15-23, 11:16
I just read through what seems to be the 2023 commercial catalog, and didn't see any mention of clear Anodizing as an option.

The only commercial Colts I consider worthy of clear Anodizing are the EPR and Mid Length Carbine.

It was mentioned in the LE/Mil catalog so brought it up to a LE dealer. I do agree on your ideas and of the two mentioned the mid length.

JediGuy
04-15-23, 18:00
The only Colts that catch my interest are as follows:

6960 CCU (the original pencil-ish midlength with better handguard)
6933 (the original pencil barrel)
M5

grizzman
04-15-23, 18:17
I was curious to see if I could identify which Centurion handguard is on the Mid Length Carbine, so I went to their website and didn't see it listed. The catalog does state that the CR6960 has a lightweight profile barrel.

I presume the EPR has a government profile barrel, which is hardly ideal, but serviceable.

I buy Colts when they're priced well below retail, and wouldn't consider paying full retail for one. I doubt a "special order" of a non-standard product would be priced competitively against the competition. A clear Anodized AR, would be interesting to own, but it wouldn't perform any better than one with standard HA.

mark5pt56
04-16-23, 06:00
If it helps, the last Colt Middy I saw had the 2 screw Centurion HG, Appears they dropped the 3 screw or only make the other for Colt?

ZGXtreme
04-16-23, 06:10
The only Colts that catch my interest are as follows:

6960 CCU (the original pencil-ish midlength with better handguard)
6933 (the original pencil barrel)
M5

For what it’s worth you listed two of the three I told them. Already have a 6933 for work so told them (more guessing);

• M5 since it’s the “new”
• OEM2 so the customer could just pick their own rail.

RHINOWSO
04-16-23, 13:05
If it helps, the last Colt Middy I saw had the 2 screw Centurion HG, Appears they dropped the 3 screw or only make the other for Colt?

While older rails, the Centurion "OEM" that came on my Colt Trooper only had 2 screws but when purchased from Centurion 3 (2 large on one side, a smaller in the middle on the other). The "OEM" also had fewer rail vents / cuts; I imagine that cuts down on production time & cost.