PDA

View Full Version : My 320 doesn't like aluminum case

Voodoochild
04-16-23, 13:41
Popped into my local range early this morning to just pop off a few mags and wouldn't you know it my 320 doesn't like aluminum case ammo. FTE left and right. So I load up some brass case I had mixed in the bag of ammo and range two straight mags with no issues. Bummer really. My OZ9C doesn't have an issue with it but my 320 is picky I suppose. Other than that it's a great shooting pistol.

georgeib
04-16-23, 15:08
That's interesting. I've gone through several cases of the CCI Blazer aluminum case lately. Between several Sigs, including a pair of 365s and a recent production 226. I've also used it to fire a few mags through a buddy's 320s. It's been flawless in function and has been accurate, clean, and not at all underpowered.

I would try a chamber polish on your 320 and see if anything changes.

ST911
04-16-23, 16:10
Popped into my local range early this morning to just pop off a few mags and wouldn't you know it my 320 doesn't like aluminum case ammo. FTE left and right. So I load up some brass case I had mixed in the bag of ammo and range two straight mags with no issues. Bummer really. My OZ9C doesn't have an issue with it but my 320 is picky I suppose. Other than that it's a great shooting pistol.

Batch of blazer alum 115 FMJ (sku 3509) within the last year will stop a particular gen4 G19 of mine that eats everything. Including earlier production of the same 3509. I haven't put it on a chrono or taken any apart, but I perceive some fairly obvious variation between rounds.

Voodoochild
04-16-23, 18:18
Batch of blazer alum 115 FMJ (sku 3509) within the last year will stop a particular gen4 G19 of mine that eats everything. Including earlier production of the same 3509. I haven't put it on a chrono or taken any apart, but I perceive some fairly obvious variation between rounds.

Interesting I will have to look at the batch # when I get the chance. I keep the tabs on the boxes in case something happens I can refer back to that lot #.

Alpha-17
04-17-23, 08:46
My wife's P320 doesn't like the Winchester steel case ammo we tried in it. I've never bothered with aluminum or steel in my M17 or M18, just because I didn't see the point. Brass 9mm is cheap enough, and I can reload it.

04-18-23, 08:04
I would try a chamber polish on your 320 and see if anything changes.
I’ve wondered if they tend to run a little “tight”.

ST911
04-18-23, 08:30
Slight sidetrack.

I’ve wondered if they tend to run a little “tight”.

I don't know about tight, but 9mm 320 ramps are steep, straight, and narrower than some others. M18 to G19 is a good starting point for eyeballing. I've been thinking this has play in some questions of ammo:gun compatibility in 320s that aren't present in other combos. Seen in a few loads, chasing the details. Though overall reliability (completing the cycle of operations) with the 320-type is usually good.

m4brian
04-18-23, 09:35
Mt P365 XL is my ONLY SIG that does not love steel cased ammo. It eats up AL just fine.

georgeib
04-18-23, 10:32
Mt P365 XL is my ONLY SIG that does not love steel cased ammo. It eats up AL just fine.

Recently picked up a case of Wolf steel case 9 mm for a price I couldn't refuse. Haven't tried it through my Sigs yet, but now I have to.

Voodoochild
04-27-23, 13:05
Took it back to the range and ran some AAC 9mm 124GR Brass through it and no problems at all. Ate it all up. I still need to check the Blazer lot # and see if ST1911 is on to something. Also one thing to note is this isn't a stock 320 it has been "customized".

Ron3
04-28-23, 10:41
Blazer is in the 2nd to lowest tier only above "someone else's reloads".

Some magazines don't like it, some guns don't run on it, plus more misfires (hard or mis-set primers), tough extraction in revolvers, and topped off with less-accurate plated bullets.

Stopped buying it years ago.