PDA

View Full Version : Kimber KDS9C

Sam
04-16-23, 20:55
https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/kimber-launches-kds9c-a-personal-protection-masterpiece/

Kimber is taking on the big boys in double stack 1911ish pistols. Wilson, Staccato, Springfield, but Wilson's EDC-X9 and its cousins (SFX series) looks like Kimber's prime target. At $1500, it's a deal especially if it runs. Wilson's $3000 is steep for most of us working people that don't want to get in debt to buy one, but we know that Wilsons are known for quality.

I hope they make standard (non optic) iron sights for them. Not all of us are operators that attach red dots, flash light, suppressors to our guns when we go out to the grocery store.

mark5pt56
04-17-23, 06:34
Like my buddy always said "1911's, best ever, provided they work" Following Kimber's normal don't talk to us until you've fired 500 rounds through it?

markm
04-17-23, 09:07
Kimber.... the first name in shitty guns.

WillBrink
04-17-23, 09:54
I don't know if they have improved over the years or not, but what I do know is there's far too many quality vetted brands that I'd never trust my life to a Kimber.

glocktogo
04-17-23, 11:25
I consider Kimbers to be semi-functional art. It's pretty, but I don't buy guns just because they're pretty. At least not anymore. :)

1986s4
04-19-23, 07:51
So Kimbers are still bad? I'm not thinking of getting one, just curious.

Bret
04-19-23, 10:57
I bought a "stainless" Kimber 9mm carry 1911 about ten years ago. It turns out that the barrel was carbon steel in the white. It was way over sprung, so it would fail to eject quite often. I sent it back to Kimber twice, but they didn't resolve the issue. With the help of the 1911forum, I was able to install a lighter mainspring. This lightened the trigger pull and increased the slide velocity enough to make the pistol reliable with higher powered 9mm. While I like the pistol now, I won't buy another Kimber due to the misleading marketing and their inability to get the pistol running properly.

Sam
04-19-23, 13:21
Had four Kimbers, all were gen. 1, that was roughly 20 years ago. Two were 5" and the other two were the compact 4". They all ran straight out of the box. On one the thumb safety lever broke off, on another, the front sight sheared off. Both were attributed to MIM parts. Kimber sent me replacement parts in less than a week.

If this double stack runs, I'd buy one.