PDA

View Full Version : FN's new "Guardian"

Slater
04-17-23, 08:14
Nitrided barrel instead of chrome-lined and an MSRP of $999. This seems more aimed at the entry-level crowd, but FN may sell a lot of them.

https://fnamerica.com/fn15guardian/

VIP3R 237
04-17-23, 09:58
Imo it looks like a BCA rifle with fn’s name on it.

Hammer_Man
04-17-23, 15:06
That wouldn’t be my first choice.

markm
04-17-23, 16:02
Someone at FN needs Red Forman's foot put in his ass!!!

Pappabear
04-17-23, 16:28
I would hope its a decent rifle, it cost as much as a 6920. Time will tell. Didn't look atrocious to me. But Im not buying one, someone else to test those waters.

PB

kirkland
04-17-23, 22:25
But it's "built to a higher standard."

Waylander
04-18-23, 00:27
Yawn. They even got their own gayrod branded rail, furniture and mag cause I guess they’re betterer. I might take the lower off one just for the rollmark.

Defaultmp3
04-18-23, 08:34
Handguard looks like it might have come from Sionics; it uses the same barrel nut attachment it seems like, at least.

Hammer_Man
04-18-23, 09:38
I just don’t understand the price point, given the lack of forward assist and nitrided barrel.

Slater
04-18-23, 09:53
The brand probably adds a couple bucks to the price.

markm
04-18-23, 11:04
The brand probably adds a couple bucks to the price.

That's the whole thing. Put the FN name on a corner cut gun. The Springfield Armory business model.

Slater
04-18-23, 11:27
During the Covid crisis, AR's were selling like hotcakes. People were buying them and not giving any thought to the price. Now we're past that particular frenzy and gunstores and Internet sites seem to be well stocked again. Is it possible that we're in another glut? Maybe FN is trying to generate sales with this new Guardian.

Defaultmp3
04-18-23, 11:40
That's the whole thing. Put the FN name on a corner cut gun. The Springfield Armory business model.What corners were cut? Reduced features doesn't mean that QA/QC was somehow reduced. A nitrided CMV barrel isn't inherently a "cut corner", nor is a slab sided receiver.

markm
04-18-23, 14:08
What corners were cut? Reduced features doesn't mean that QA/QC was somehow reduced. A nitrided CMV barrel isn't inherently a "cut corner", nor is a slab sided receiver.

I don't know with certainty. But I've never seen a quality "budget" AR that would hold up to serious use. The slab side doesn't bother me. But the nitrided barrel is a magnificent red flag for me. It's possible they used top grade BCGs and fire control parts, but I wouldn't bet my money on it.

In an economic time where EVERYTHING is costing more, I'm highly skeptical of a complete gun that costs less.

shadowspirit
09-08-23, 19:01
Anyone hear anything else about this model?