PDA

View Full Version : The End of Aero Precision?

prepare
04-20-23, 07:51
According to the latest WA state gun ban they also banned manufacturing of what they call assault weapons.

Anyone heard if Aero is going to relocate or close up?

shooter45
04-20-23, 08:42
I'd expect the same results as Magpul did when they left Colorado. Go to a state that respects their business and taxes they pay.

TMS951
04-20-23, 09:45
According to the latest WA state gun ban they also banned manufacturing of what they call assault weapons.

They likely have a large investment not only in their machines, but the proper facility to operate them in. So moving is going to be a big cost no matter what.

Being in Washington and the aerospace industry there I wonder if they will just go back to their roots and make those parts?

No matter what there is a now an industry gap for either them or someone who buys their name to set up in a friendly state.

BobinNC
04-20-23, 09:51
If it's the end for Aero Precision, it's also the end for Rainier Arms, Fortis, Zev Tech, and Mega Arms

Norman
04-20-23, 09:54
As I understand it, most of their business is in the aerospace industry. It may not be cost effective for them to move. Sad, as I really like their products.

Hank6046
04-20-23, 09:55
If it's the end for Aero Precision, it's also the end for Rainier Arms, Fortis, Zev Tech, and Mega Arms

Rainier moved to Missouri or Kansas years ago, I remember being there in 2016 and they were talking about moving then.

Best of luck to Aero, I would head over to Idaho and hope the employees follow

BobinNC
04-20-23, 10:35
Rainier moved to Missouri or Kansas years ago, I remember being there in 2016 and they were talking about moving then.

Best of luck to Aero, I would head over to Idaho and hope the employees follow

I don't think they moved....Their address:

2504 Auburn Way N, Auburn, WA 98002

Hank6046
04-20-23, 10:44
I don't think they moved....Their address:

2504 Auburn Way N, Auburn, WA 98002

According to the website that is the corporate office, but the warehouse and training center is in Wichita KS. I used to go to the shop when they were in Kent, it was a great little place, they moved to a bigger building in Auburn with the shop below and offices up top, I'm sure that they still run it out of there for now, but you would think they could easily transition to KS if they needed to.

ViniVidivici
04-20-23, 11:45
This is the statement they put out:

"Dear WA Customers,

This is a message we were really hoping to not have to write, but we are out of options. Effective immediately, we are cutting off lower receiver orders to WA customers on our website. We fully expect the AWB to be signed tomorrow. At this point, any lower receivers ordered will not get to you in time to do your transfer.

We will continue to sell other parts and components and expedite these orders out the door until the law is in effect. At that point, we will be forced to limit parts and components going to WA customers as well.

This sucks. It's been a very demoralizing past month here at the office. Hundreds of employees have been working their tails off to keep up with this insane wave of orders. We are proud of the efforts our employees have put in to make sure our loyal WA customers could get what they needed in these dire times. We appreciate the business, but despise that it is occurring under these circumstances.

We are not done here, but the strategy now changes. You will be hearing more from us soon. Until then, keep your heads up. We are going to come up for air...but immediately get back to work fighting these unconstitutional infringements.

Much love,
Team Aero"

I do know they moved to a larger facility in Lakewood, from Tacoma, not that long ago.

We shall see.

FUUCK Idiot Inslee and Turd Ferguson. Stolen elections have consequences, I guess.

gaijin
04-20-23, 12:09

John Hwang/Ranier opened a distribution facility and gun shop/range in Wichita several years ago. Ranier not going down.

czgunner
04-20-23, 12:23
Stag is under the same umbrella as Aero, who is in WY. They could easily move their operation here.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

docsherm
04-20-23, 13:13
Aero owns Ballistic Advantage. They are already set up in FL with a factory. It would only make sense to more their production there.

Hank6046
04-20-23, 13:26
Aero owns Ballistic Advantage. They are already set up in FL with a factory. It would only make sense to more their production there.

I completely forgot about that, that does make sense

AKDoug
04-20-23, 13:50
Stag is under the same umbrella as Aero, who is in WY. They could easily move their operation here.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I'd sooner move to Wyoming than Florida. Florida is doing o.k. for now, but it's not much of a tip for it to go Washington's direction in the short term. Wyoming has a LONG way to go before going anti gun as WA or CA.

docsherm
04-20-23, 16:49
ATTENTION AERO CUSTOMERS

AWB HB1240 Update

Dear WA Customers,

This is a message we were really hoping to not have to write, but we are out of options. Effective immediately, we are cutting off lower receiver orders to WA customers on our website. We fully expect the AWB to be signed tomorrow. At this point, any lower receivers ordered will not get to you in time to do your transfer.

We will continue to sell other parts and components and expedite these orders out the door until the law is in effect. At that point, we will be forced to limit parts and components going to WA customers as well.

This sucks. It's been a very demoralizing past month here at the office. Hundreds of employees have been working their tails off to keep up with this insane wave of orders. We are proud of the efforts our employees have put in to make sure our loyal WA customers could get what they needed in these dire times. We appreciate the business, but despise that it is occurring under these circumstances.

We are not done here, but the strategy now changes. You will be hearing more from us soon. Until then, keep your heads up. We are going to come up for air...but immediately get back to work fighting these unconstitutional infringements.

Much love,
Team Aero
Thank you all for doing your part in making your voice heard and helping in the fight to keep our Second Amendment rights intact. We appreciate your loyalty and support. Stay tuned as we will be providing information on how you can help in this fight.

Diamondback
04-20-23, 17:51
Yeah, it was a nailbiter about my last two uppers getting here in time this morning. What it sounds like Aero's gonna do, at least to my read, is temporarily stop things then go Full Lawfare.

There are quite a few little mom-n-pop shops here, many of them full-line Aero dealers, that are going to be utterly wiped out by this. I hope karma bitchrapes Inslee, Ferguson, all their legislative/judicial enablers and all who support them with whole saguaro cacti, and I hope I get to be there to see it and rub their noses in it as they sing their song of woe. To the Pit of Misery with the lot of them, dilly-dilly!

And yes, you're damn right if you think this sounds personal, a few of those mom-n-pop operators I refer to are friends of mine.

jsbhike
04-23-23, 08:44
Sounds like Aero and others need to cut off supplying members the WA .gov armed branches and advise their distributors thar selling to them will get them cut off like Colt used to do distributors who sold M16s to private citizens.

JediGuy
04-23-23, 17:22
Sounds like Aero and others need to cut off supplying members the WA .gov armed branches and advise their distributors thar selling to them will get them cut off like Colt used to do distributors who sold M16s to private citizens.

LOL. I doubt Aero supplied many sheriff, police, and state agencies directly.

Sooter76
04-24-23, 08:54
They likely have a large investment not only in their machines, but the proper facility to operate them in. So moving is going to be a big cost no matter what.

I would think the cost would certainly be less than shutting down completely… They can separate the two entities and move their firearms and parts production to friendlier climates.

markmiela
04-24-23, 11:34
I'd sooner move to Wyoming than Florida. Florida is doing o.k. for now, but it's not much of a tip for it to go Washington's direction in the short term. Wyoming has a LONG way to go before going anti gun as WA or CA.

Florida had all but two counties go red and we have a super majority in both houses. Not sure we’re you het your info from but it is wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hoopharted
04-24-23, 11:56

Rainier Arms and Stag Arms as well

didnt Aero and Palmetto merge a year or 2 ago?

JediGuy
04-24-23, 17:08

The internet would break. You’ll need a source for that.

titsonritz
04-24-23, 17:18

Pretty sure EVERYONE would know if that were the case.

hoopharted
04-24-23, 21:10
Pretty sure EVERYONE would know if that were the case.
could have sworn i read something about it , guess i was remembering it wrong

26 Inf
04-24-23, 21:17

Palmetto State Armory is a member of the JJE Capital family of brands. They also manage a number of different brands including, DC Machine, Ferrous Engineering, Lead Star Arms, PSA Defense, Palmetto Outdoors, Special Tool Solutions, and Spartan Forge.

In September 2020 JJE Capital also acquired DPMS, H&R, Stormlake, AAC and Parker brands from the Freedom Group bankruptcy auction.

From Wiki

Sooter76
04-25-23, 06:48
Palmetto State Armory is a member of the JJE Capital family of brands. They also manage a number of different brands including, DC Machine, Ferrous Engineering, Lead Star Arms, PSA Defense, Palmetto Outdoors, Special Tool Solutions, and Spartan Forge.

In September 2020 JJE Capital also acquired DPMS, H&R, Stormlake, AAC and Parker brands from the Freedom Group bankruptcy auction.

From Wiki

Jesus… Knowing that PSA’s ability to go from the Wal-Mart of the gun world to designing and manufacturing their own firearms makes so much more sense.

Dutch110
04-25-23, 14:13
Say what you will about PSA but they have become a monster in the industry. Think about it. Completely vertically integrated manufacturing on their in house stuff with the ability to source from their suppliers if they want to. Like they are doing with their new upscale line. Now they are into ammunition manufacturing with their AAC brand as well. I am curious to see what their next move is with their Glock clone line. They certainly have the ability to start a metal frame hammer fired line if so inclined as well. And since they manufacture in house they control the costs and can get to market cheaper and with better margins. It's a pretty brilliant business plan. All born out of supplying inexpensive firearms to the masses.

Diamondback
04-25-23, 15:58
Jesus… Knowing that PSA’s ability to go from the Wal-Mart of the gun world to designing and manufacturing their own firearms makes so much more sense.

JJE also bought NoDak Spud as a technical foundation to build the new H&R on, and supposedly has given Mike from NDS free rein to run H&R as he sees fit.

Diamondback
04-25-23, 15:58
forum induced doubletap

titsonritz
04-25-23, 17:01
Say what you will about PSA but they have become a monster in the industry.

You can say that again.

AKDoug
04-25-23, 20:48
Say what you will about PSA but they have become a monster in the industry. Think about it. Completely vertically integrated manufacturing on their in house stuff with the ability to source from their suppliers if they want to. Like they are doing with their new upscale line. Now they are into ammunition manufacturing with their AAC brand as well. I am curious to see what their next move is with their Glock clone line. They certainly have the ability to start a metal frame hammer fired line if so inclined as well. And since they manufacture in house they control the costs and can get to market cheaper and with better margins. It's a pretty brilliant business plan. All born out of supplying inexpensive firearms to the masses.

They are also a huge retailer of all kinds of firearms. As an FFL I've ordered a bunch of firearms bolt actions and shotguns) from them at prices less than my wholesalers and they ship for free to Alaska.

jwfuhrman
04-26-23, 05:26
They are also a huge retailer of all kinds of firearms. As an FFL I've ordered a bunch of firearms bolt actions and shotguns) from them at prices less than my wholesalers and they ship for free to Alaska.

I do the same. Ammo, guns, parts, optics. Anymore I check PSA prior to my distributors. Most of the time PSA is same or 5-10% less. My sales reps for Davidsons, RSR, Lipseys and Zander’s have stopped calling because I tell them the same thing every time. I can buy it at retail 10% less than from them.

Hammer_Man
04-26-23, 13:05
JJE also bought NoDak Spud as a technical foundation to build the new H&R on, and supposedly has given Mike from NDS free rein to run H&R as he sees fit.

I’m pretty excited about this actually. I loved the NDS A2 receiver I used for my M16 clone, and their A1 receiver that I have is equally as nice. Hopefully they don’t change much going forward.

crosseyedshooter
04-26-23, 13:11
Just received this in email:

AERO PRECISION TO TAKE PART IN LAWSUIT AGAINST WASHINGTON AWB
April 26, 2023

Tacoma, WA - Due to the passage of House Bill 1240 by the Washington Legislature and Governor Jay Inslee signing it in to law on 4/25/23, Aero Precision has filed a lawsuit in conjunction with several other plaintiffs to combat this overreaching legislation, seeking temporary and permanent injunction based on the unconstitutionality of this law.

The case was filed on 4/25/23 in the Eastern District of Washington, U.S. District Court. Plaintiffs include Aero Precision LLC , Amanda Banta (2012 Olympian Sport Shooter), Sharp Shooting Indoor Range & Gun Shop, The Range LLC, and the National Shooting Sports Foundation. The complaint is filed against defendants Robert W. Ferguson, Attorney General of Washington State, and John R. Batiste, Chief of the Washington State Patrol.

“We do not agree with this law and we do not think it is constitutional,” said Scott Dover, CEO of Aero Precision. “HB1240 bans some of the most common firearms and parts available. It impacts the lawful ownership of products we manufacture and sell to thousands of our customers in the State of Washington. It also restricts the rights of the individuals, Aero Precision employees, who make these parts. We will fight this law in the courts and are confident in the outcome given the clear rulings in multiple Supreme Court cases, including Heller and Bruen.”

About Aero Precision

Aero Precision is a firearms manufacturer based out of Tacoma, WA. Aero Precision has been in business in Washington since 1994, originally starting in the Aerospace industry. Today, Aero Precision is the largest firearms manufacturer in Washington, employing roughly 650 employees in Washington and over 200 in other areas around the US. Aero Precision manufacturers AR Parts and Components, Bolt Action Rifles, Suppressors and more.

Full Lawsuit Linked Here (http://enews.aeroprecisionusa.com/q/8tyqiySMUSBx0XUCkHwrm96PyodvSTUU1KZZcOJY2hhcmx0YW5nQGhvdG1haWwuY29tw4gpfG9RcQGcbZL1LBLZVpCWJ6z0uw).

Hammer_Man
04-26-23, 13:17
Just received this in email:

Sweet, I hope they win, as this type of legislation tends to spread. Utah is already turning blue as is. We need to build a wall around California.

ViniVidivici
04-27-23, 13:27
I don't see how they could possibly win in any WA court, most, especially higher, are bought and paid for by the enemy.

Diamondback
04-27-23, 14:24
Are they suing in State or Federal? WSSC is completely owned by the King Kounty Kommunist Kleptokracy, but Federal means SCOTUS.

EDIT: Eastern District Federal. Better chance of getting our way than Western

ViniVidivici
04-27-23, 14:48
Okay, that's a step in the right direction.

Diamondback
04-27-23, 15:01
Okay, that's a step in the right direction.

Yeah, here's hoping the Eastern District judge is a local who's still as salty with Dickslee as he is with EWA as a whole.

Personal to King Jay and Pedo Bob: Bathe lavishly in the salty yellow waters from our collective trouserfountains...

Sokoloka
04-27-23, 17:26
Can't wait for the end of all these nonsensical rights-infringing regulations.

Diamondback
04-28-23, 19:13
Can't wait for the end of all these nonsensical rights-infringing regulations.

About as likely as the end of the party that makes them a plank of its platform. :(