PDA

View Full Version : Loving the P365

TBAR_94
04-23-23, 18:44
I know I'm late to the party on this, but I've owned a P365 for about 3 months, and have been carrying it pretty much every day for the last couple of weeks and I can't get over how much I like it. I had some minor teething issues with mine--I was getting failures to go in to battery regardless of magazine, and regardless of ammo. It took about 300 rounds and 3 range trips to solve that problem...I think a big part of it was just leaving my magazines loaded to break the springs in. The factory mags, and the 2 I ordered when I bought the gun, showed up so stiff I felt like I was busting my thumbs trying to load them. Leaving them fully loaded for about 2 weeks seemed to do the trick, along with giving the gun a detailed cleaning.

The thing I really like about it is it's not pocket gun size, and service gun shootability. I'm a little slower with it than my P320/P228/G19, but accuracy wise it's a toss up with those guns out to about 15 yards for me, and it's capable at 25 yards if I take an extra second. Carry wise I've found it's the most comfortable gun I own in an appendix or IWB rig.

I am generally pretty slow to adopt to trends in shooting, but to me this is one hyped gun that really does offer a generational improvement over what came before it. I've generally just carried a Smith 642 anytime I couldn't carry a mid sized Glock, but about the only thing I see myself using the J-frame for now I've got some practice with the Sig is for deep concealment, which isn't something most of us need. I've worked fairly hard to get decent with my 642, but at anything beyond bad breath distance, I shoot the P365 better, and it's obviously much faster to reload, and with the 12 round mags carries more shots in the gun than I generally have on me with other pocket sized pistols. I got the manual safety version, which I know is not the most popular config but something I prefer, and I find it easy to manipulate if I chose to use it, and out of the way if I don't.

gaijin
04-23-23, 19:11
I like mine too; easily carried concealed, A/C zone hits doable at 50 yds (mine have optics), hits at speed are no problem.
My main carry gun in shorts/T shirt weather.

JediGuy
04-23-23, 20:57
It has been on my radar…I’ve held out for three years hoping Walther comes out with a 1.5 stack comparable to the P365. Excellent accuracy in a small package.

georgeib
04-23-23, 22:18
Very pleased with mine as well. With a red dot, I'm as accurate with them as I am with my full size pistols. Which is to say that I can make solid hits out to 50 yards with no drama. They are slower than the bigger pistols, but I don't think that's avoidable.

I bought a Macro grip module for P365 Xl, and put my P365 slide on the XL grip module. I carry the Macro framed one as my EDC. Not as concealable as the XL, but it does fit my hands better.

B Cart
04-23-23, 22:32
I switched to the P365 XL with 507K X2 red dot a while ago for my main EDC, and I love it. I can hit a 10" steel plate consistently at 50 yards with it, it's fairly small, but doesn't feel like a pocket pistol in my hand, and it shoots well. It's become one of my favorite pistols.

Pappabear
04-25-23, 17:55
I have the 365XL and really like it. Holosun and gas pedal and I shot a match one time with it and did OK, I thought good for a mouse gun.

That damn "Macro" has me itching to grab one of those too. I think Sig hit a home run with this line of guns.

PB

Renegade04
04-25-23, 18:50
I was on the fence for a long time about getting a P365. I handled one in a LGS, but was not crazy about the grip. I also handled a P365XL. Much better fit and feel. I knew if I was going to get one, it would be the XL. Well, to make a long story short, I picked up a P365XL a few weeks ago from a private seller in my area. It came with the ROMEOZERO and a TRUE fluted barrel. I have yet to shoot it, but I know that I will not be disappointed when I do.

https://i.imgur.com/T61mrs8.jpg

Pappabear
04-25-23, 18:54
I was on the fence for a long time about getting a P365. I handled one in a LGS, but was not crazy about the grip. I also handled a P365XL. Much better fit and feel. I knew if I was going to get one, it would be the XL. Well, to make a long story short, I picked up a P365XL a few weeks ago from a private seller in my area. It came with the ROMEOZERO. I have yet to shoot it, but I know that I will not be disappointed when I do.

https://i.imgur.com/T61mrs8.jpg

Congrats Renegade, my Romeozero would not zero so I changed out to a Holosun 407K. I feel like the Sig handgun optics are hot or miss, some will work others will not. I have owned two that did not and two that worked great.

I bought a plastic grip to go over my handle and it improved ergos for me. A Hogue grip I think it was, much better feel to me, you might want to try that.

PB

crosseyedshooter
04-25-23, 19:39
Put that RomeoZero on a .22LR or in the trash. That's about all they're good for. If you must keep it, make sure you have the membrane sticker installed to prevent oil from seeping into the electronics through the bottom and don't over-torque the mounting screws (8 in-lb?) or you'll crack the housing. Also, try not to touch the plastic lens or it'll scratch.

Btw, I really like my P365XLs and have surrendered to Holosun "K" sights (407k, 507k, EPS Carry) as the current winner for this application.

Todd.K
04-25-23, 20:58
I bought a Macro grip module for P365 Xl, and put my P365 slide on the XL grip module. I carry the Macro framed one as my EDC. Not as concealable as the XL, but it does fit my hands better.

I’m still shooting both the Macro and Wilson Combat XL grips, but I’m leaning towards the WC being my pick. The Sig XL is OK, but for me the Macro and WC grips being just a bit wider makes more difference than the length of the Macro does.

pag23
04-25-23, 21:28
I’m still shooting both the Macro and Wilson Combat XL grips, but I’m leaning towards the WC being my pick. The Sig XL is OK, but for me the Macro and WC grips being just a bit wider makes more difference than the length of the Macro does.

I have Wilson's on my P365s and P320s....way better than factory

georgeib
04-25-23, 21:30
I’m still shooting both the Macro and Wilson Combat XL grips, but I’m leaning towards the WC being my pick. The Sig XL is OK, but for me the Macro and WC grips being just a bit wider makes more difference than the length of the Macro does.I haven't shot with the WC grip, but even before they came out, I had installed the Hogue Grip Sleeve on XL and regular 365. They definitely helped reduce both guns tendency to make me need to readjust my grip between shots.

The Macro grip with the largest rear insert is a definite step in the right direction, IMO. I was won over after trying one. Wish WC would release a Macro grip, but it's not looking promising.

Todd.K
04-25-23, 22:38
I think adding a small pinky extension baseplate to the Wilson XL will be as much grip as I need on a smaller carry pistol.

I like that the Macro holds 17 rounds but it does stick out in the heel more than needed for a solid grip.

The Dumb Gun Collector
04-25-23, 23:02
I am very slow to adopt any Cohen era Sig product but I am just about ready to get one of these. I rotate a G26 with my Jframe and this is probably going to be the next addition to my actual carry rotation.

pag23
04-26-23, 05:24
I think adding a small pinky extension baseplate to the Wilson XL will be as much grip as I need on a smaller carry pistol.

I like that the Macro holds 17 rounds but it does stick out in the heel more than needed for a solid grip.

Armory Craft makes a decent pinky rest for the 12 round mag that works well with the Wilson grip

prdubi
04-26-23, 07:23
I was a big hater of the 365 because of my experience with the m17 blowing up.

But when my shop had one for $299 with no magazine...I had to take up on it.

Got 12 12 round magazines for $180 on arfcom.

Got CTC laser grips...

Got a Griffin threaded barrel.

And so far....it's been pretty reliable and accurate to boot.

I'm a believer now.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230426/94a4d595c5071cd4e3bef5d8e3e89651.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230426/19c52fe108c785757ab7c056a2d28500.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

signal4l
04-26-23, 07:31
The 365 XL with thumb safety has replaced my G19 as my carry gun. I put a Wilson grip module on mine.

Very slim, shootable platform. Factory iron sights are excellent

gaijin
04-26-23, 09:02
I use the XL Wilson grip on mine as well, subjectively the slight Palm Swell it has makes the little SIG much more “shootable” for me.
The PMM Barrel Comp makes accurate shot to shot times quicker, and the 507k optic looks like it was made for this pistol. (Yes, I cannot leave things “stock”)
When the “Dicken Drill” was a thing I could run it in 12 to 13 seconds with all hits on target, with majority being A’s.
Pretty is as pretty does.

Disciple
04-26-23, 09:38
How does the XL compare to a G26 with pinky extension in terms of speed and ease of shooting? Is the 365 going to need more technique?

m4brian
04-26-23, 13:15
I have med/large hands and no extension needed to run the 12s in the XL with Wilson grip.

The Wilson grip on the XL makes purchase easy and turns things to the better even though the stock grip in the XL is decent. You can also run the 17s with the right bottom and you have the XMACRO TACOPS in essence.

The Dumb Gun Collector
04-26-23, 18:26
I am wondering the same thing as Disciple.

Also, I have always been kind of scared that it will be a lot more finicky than my G26. Has anyone had both and have any recollections?

TBAR_94
04-26-23, 20:27
I am wondering the same thing as Disciple.

Also, I have always been kind of scared that it will be a lot more finicky than my G26. Has anyone had both and have any recollections?

I haven’t owned a G26, but did used to have a G27. After a break in mine has been 100%, but I pretty much exclusively shoot NATO spec ball. I don’t have any background with aluminum case or any of the really cheap 115 grain stuff. Mine has handled the flat nose M1152 or the older 124 grain round nose FMJ. I’ve also put about 50 rounds of HST through it. My G27 had some hiccups with UMC bulk ammo but only a couple times.

pinzgauer
04-27-23, 13:16
8 365s in my extended family. None of us have had any issues.

I've shot mine extensively with cheap 115 ball, 124 flat nose ball, and 124 grain HST.

The things just work. And that's with both 10 and 12 round magazines.

I shoot some ball in it every range trip.

Some of the ones in my family have SAS sights. Which are very fast, but can be about six or eight" off point of impact. We swapped two of the SAS sights and got windage dialed in.

Next step would have been to ihim but I ended up getting an NRA model with night sights and just use it. My SAS went to a family member who wanted it as a close range backup.

I know all the horror stories of sig, but they seem to have gotten this one right.

rocsteady
05-03-23, 10:31
Does anyone carry the P365 in an ankle holster? I'm perfectly comfortable carrying my issued 19M everyday, but occasionally I'd like to be able to wear a shirt that actually fits and would like something small but still shootable for an ankle holster. Also nice to wear on the ankle if need to wear a suit to an event where taking off the jacket is going to happen.

bamashooter
05-03-23, 10:58
Mine is gtg. Has the ambi safety. Only thing I've done is add a CT laser which is great in low-light conditions. Currently my EDC. I carry it in a Don Hume leather slider (J.I.T. Slide). Love that holster. Can no longer remember if I dremeled the inside once upon a time. It carries, the Sig (w/laser), my officer / compact 1911s, Taurus PT-145 Millennium Pro, full-size 1911s, 2" .38 special. All fit and carry as if though I had that number of specific holsters.

JiminAZ
05-06-23, 14:50
The other thing about the P365 is that is just seems to defy physics with respect to recoil, and as noted the accuracy is fantastic. They got the engineering right.

Had a guy with a new Hellcat at the range in the lane next to me recently. We swapped guns for mag. My P365XL was noticeably better. Nothing wrong with the Hellcat that I could tell but no thanks compared to my P365XL with Wilson grip module.

Anyhow the P365 recoils less than my old Kahrs, even the metal framed ones. Easier to manage by far than the old 442. And the 507k just works on it.

rocsteady
05-06-23, 15:43
Shot the P365 SAS today at the range. Like the size, what I’ve been hearing, brother likes his, AND it’s partially FDE so I had to purchase it. They were nice enough to let me shoot it a bit before starting the paperwork. Put a mag of my duty rounds, Hornsby Critical Duty, through just to make sure hitting something at 7-10 yards was not an issue. First couple rounds were a bit high but then “lollipopping” the target fixed it to my satisfaction. Now just have to go through the “beg for permission” song and dance with the state of NJ before I can pick it up.

Nocaster
05-07-23, 11:33
I love my 365xl with 407k and Wilson grip for shootability and comfort of carry.

However, my last two training sessions I had a problem going between the 365 and a full size gun, needing to adjust my grip.

Specifically, after shooting a full size pistol and then switching to the 365, I have induced several malfunctions with my thumbs pressing on the side of the slide. Obviously, a training issue and not the guns fault. This malfunction is pretty much impossible for me on a Glock 19/17 or p320, because my thumbs press on the frame instead of the slide. I am not getting rid of the 365, but I have stopped carrying it until I feel confident I've trained enough not to induce those malfunctions. Went back to carrying my G19 for now.

Any subcompact grip advice would be appreciated. I'm not a novice shooter, and have taken many classes, but have not had much experience with micro pistols.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

pag23
05-07-23, 14:56
I love my 365xl with 407k and Wilson grip for shootability and comfort of carry.

However, my last two training sessions I had a problem going between the 365 and a full size gun, needing to adjust my grip.

Specifically, after shooting a full size pistol and then switching to the 365, I have induced several malfunctions with my thumbs pressing on the side of the slide. Obviously, a training issue and not the guns fault. This malfunction is pretty much impossible for me on a Glock 19/17 or p320, because my thumbs press on the frame instead of the slide. I am not getting rid of the 365, but I have stopped carrying it until I feel confident I've trained enough not to induce those malfunctions. Went back to carrying my G19 for now.

Any subcompact grip advice would be appreciated. I'm not a novice shooter, and have taken many classes, but have not had much experience with micro pistols.

I have the same set up...I shot mine yesterday for the first time with the dot...no malfunctions...just have to get use to the dot

gaijin
05-07-23, 17:49
I have the same set up...I shot mine yesterday for the first time with the dot...no malfunctions...just have to get use to the dot

Dry Fire Draws expedites the process.

Nocaster
05-07-23, 19:17
I have the same set up...I shot mine yesterday for the first time with the dot...no malfunctions...just have to get use to the dotMy malfunctions were definitely induced by me, not the gun's fault

Renegade04
05-07-23, 20:44
After picking a nice used P365XL a little over a month ago, I am now jumping on another P365. It is a ZEV Z365XL GUNMOD OCTANE RMSC with the following.

Wilson Combat FDE grip module
2x12 round mags with Tactical Dev base pads
2x15 round mags with Tactical Dev base pads
Streamlight TLR-7 Sub Sig specific WML
Holosun HS507K X2 Red Circle Dot
Trijicon HD Co-witness Night Sights

Hopefully, I will have it in my hands in about a week.

Biggy
05-11-23, 19:28
Because of the drop in FCU you can configure the P365 anyway *you* want it.

http://i.imgur.com/KaP7Nzrh.jpg (https://imgur.com/KaP7Nzr)

signal4l
05-11-23, 20:43
Because of the drop in FCU you can configure the P365 anyway *you* want it.

http://i.imgur.com/KaP7Nzrh.jpg (https://imgur.com/KaP7Nzr)

Interesting grip module...could you post a link?

Renegade04
05-11-23, 21:23
Interesting grip module...could you post a link?

https://mischiefmachine.co/shop/ols/products/commander-series

signal4l
05-11-23, 21:40
https://mischiefmachine.co/shop/ols/products/commander-series

Thanks. Very interesting module. Not cheap. Wish there was a polymer version.

05-11-23, 21:43
Another happy Sig P365 owner here (XL grip with a regular P365 slide).
I have had mine for over two years with zero malfunctions. It shoots nice and easy.

Renegade04
05-13-23, 15:25
Well, here is the Z365XL I mentioned the other day. It is now in my hands. I really like the Wilson Combat grip module the previous owner added. It did some with two SIG grip modules (one FDE, one black).

https://i.imgur.com/7KF6YTp.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/4281gzY.jpg

It joins my P365XL.

https://i.imgur.com/SLWbB8a.jpg

georgeib
05-13-23, 20:58
Well, here is the Z365XL I mentioned the other day. It is now in my hands. I really like the Wilson Combat grip module the previous owner added. It did some with two SIG grip modules (one FDE, one black).

https://i.imgur.com/7KF6YTp.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/4281gzY.jpg

It joins my P365XL.

https://i.imgur.com/SLWbB8a.jpgLooks like you're actually able to get a lower cowitness with the Z365 XL. Are those Trijicon night sights?

Renegade04
05-13-23, 21:36
Looks like you're actually able to get a lower cowitness with the Z365 XL. Are those Trijicon night sights?

Trijicon HD Co-witness Night Sights. They are well-suited to the optic.

georgeib
05-13-23, 21:37
Trijicon HD Co-witness Night Sights. They are well-suited to the optic.Nice. So they're not the standard Trijicon HD #6 front and #8 rear?

Renegade04
05-13-23, 22:02
Nice. So they're not the standard Trijicon HD #6 front and #8 rear?

They are the H3 16 suppressor/optic height sights.