PDA

View Full Version : MI Nightfighter Rail

Sooter76
04-24-23, 08:14
Anyone got experience with this rail? I’m considering picking one up for use on a pin and weld build. I’ve always stuck to BCM rails, but unfortunately the design of their rails would prevent me from mounting a can with the barrel length I’m wanting.

How does the MI compare to BCM and other rails?

markm
04-24-23, 08:19
If you get one, make sure to try all your configurations before the final commitment. Not familiar with that specific rail though.

lazar
04-24-23, 10:04
I have the MI Combat rail, it's very similar to the Nightfighter. Only difference that I can tell is that the Nightfighter weighs just a touch more and has a longer barrel nut. It has anti rotation tabs and even if the two screws come loose for some reason, the insert in the bottom would prevent the rail from slipping off. MI makes some solid stuff, I even have their 10/22 chassis which is incredibly solid.

Inkslinger
04-24-23, 10:19
Are you using a laser with it? If not you could save a couple bucks and use the combat rail.

Hank6046
04-24-23, 10:49
How does the MI compare to BCM and other rails?

MI makes decent stuff, and I believe they are made in the same place as the BCM rails (W/S Machine and Tool in New Berlin, WI) along with ADM's mounts and rails. That said they are made to a different specification and probably have similar yet different QC practices, so keep that in mind. I currently don't own any MI rails anymore, but the one's I've had in the past worked great, nothing amazing, but solid for the price and application. I actually think I'll be going with one of their 12.6" rails on my 13.9 build because the 13" CMT is more like 13.5" and I worry about interference with future suppressor mounts, MI at least gives me the total length on their website which is nice.

Mike Miller
04-24-23, 15:54
The Griffin Low Pro Rigid rail is on sale for 50% off right now

Not trying to steer you away from MI as a brand, just a similar option that you may not be aware of. The rails are flat at the ends and are given with true lengths

m4luvr
04-24-23, 18:14
I put the Nightfighter Rail on a rifle i put together and i love it. the barrel nut should do as they say and prevent rotation of the rail. solid choice.

Stickman
04-25-23, 12:12
Its a stout, and good rail.

Dutch110
04-27-23, 08:40
Another vote for MI rails. I have used them several times over the years and they are well made, rigid and don't get the credit they deserve IMHO. I would absolutely use them again.

Uncas47
04-27-23, 09:10
I had an M4 type rail from them at one time as a place holder till I found an RAS. It was a solid rail that I gifted to a young friend for his S&W, he's been very happy with it, he got to mount a light and fore grip and I believe it had QDs as well. Well worth the money.

markm
04-28-23, 16:40
I had an M4 type rail from them at one time as a place holder till I found an RAS.

There's just no substitute for the RAS. I too have unloaded DDs, MIs, and even Troy quad rails to get back to the RAS.