PDA

View Full Version : Sudan's civil war - expat US citizens abandoned just like in Afghanistan

SomeOtherGuy
04-28-23, 14:26
https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/26/politics/americans-sudan-us-government/index.html

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/turkish-evacuation-plane-comes-under-attack-sudan

Basically every serious country other than the US is working to evacuate its citizens from Sudan. The USA rescued its embassy personnel and is reportedly doing nothing whatsoever for anyone else.

A lot of countries have stopped taking "Biden's" USA seriously in the last year anyway, this will not help our global reputation and standing.

Johnny Rico
04-28-23, 14:33
Madness. Who expats to the Sudan?

SomeOtherGuy
04-28-23, 14:40
Madness. Who expats to the Sudan?

not me!

Guessing people with business assignments, NGO assignments, etc.

ViniVidivici
04-28-23, 14:43
Missionaries too.

No surprise that this oligarchy won't back up American citizens.

chuckman
04-28-23, 14:55
Estimated 15k-20k Americans, missionaries, NGOs, OGAs, etc.

Jellybean
04-28-23, 15:05
This is why BRICS is growing....

Budget
04-28-23, 18:40
This is why BRICS is growing....

Hard to put a price on mean tweets

Kabul wasn't chaotic and everything is fine

lowprone
04-28-23, 20:40
At this point what difference does it make ?

prepare
04-29-23, 01:56
https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/26/politics/americans-sudan-us-government/index.html

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/turkish-evacuation-plane-comes-under-attack-sudan

Basically every serious country other than the US is working to evacuate its citizens from Sudan. The USA rescued its embassy personnel and is reportedly doing nothing whatsoever for anyone else.

A lot of countries have stopped taking "Biden's" USA seriously in the last year anyway, this will not help our global reputation and standing.

The serious countries won't even have any dialogue with the fjb administration because they're corrupt idiots.

Over 6 million immigrants have crossed the southern border in the last 2 1/2 years.

Putin has shown the entire world that fjb is a weak defeated invalid.

After Benghazi, Afghanistan, and our southern border any American with a brain knows big gov does not have their back.

titsonritz
04-29-23, 02:40
Brandon has had to evacuate 4 embassies in less than 3 years, way to Potato.

TehLlama
04-30-23, 08:54
Having seen more of the information - it's basically a worse situation than even the actually interested news media can explain.

If we're beholden to the Vagner group to get US citizens to safety, somebody has done a truly awful job along the way.

DG23
04-30-23, 09:06
this will not help our global reputation and standing.

Ohh, We definitely HAVE a global 'reputation'.

Just not the one that we should want to have. :(

chuckman
04-30-23, 09:07
Having seen more of the information - it's basically a worse situation than even the actually interested news media can explain.

If we're beholden to the Vagner group to get US citizens to safety, somebody has done a truly awful job along the way.

The same group who slayed a bunch of Malians (or whatever they call people in Mali) and blamed it on the French.

Buncheong
04-30-23, 09:34
Wait awhile and there will be thousands and tens of thousands of Sudanese Muslims living off of taxpayer gibs in American suburbs, everywhere.

Screen cap this.

lowprone
04-30-23, 11:25
Can't wait for that .

SomeOtherGuy
04-30-23, 11:31

The Wagner Group that we, err Ukraine are fighting in Ukraine and is recruiting prisoners to be its cannon fodder? WTF Over...

BTW, if you look at the background of the Sudan conflict, I'll bet 1000-to-1 that some US alphabet agency started it, for typical Neocon / Deep State reasons that benefit them but not us.

SomeOtherGuy
04-30-23, 11:31

The Wagner Group that we, err Ukraine are fighting in Ukraine and is recruiting prisoners to be its cannon fodder? WTF Over...

BTW, if you look at the background of the Sudan conflict, I'll bet 1000-to-1 that some US alphabet agency started it, for typical Neocon / Deep State reasons that benefit them but not us.

Averageman
04-30-23, 12:46

Look no further than Barrack Obama.

yoni
04-30-23, 13:04
Wagner is also in west Africa, and after the Ukraine war is done, they will be even bigger in Africa. But FJB administration is cutting special ops in Africa.

hoopharted
04-30-23, 17:36
biden uninterested in evacuating US citizens , decides to ignore leaving them in hostile hornets nest yet again , 16,000 US citizens , thats right 16,000

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/white-house-warns-american-citizens-evacuated-sudan/story?id=98762845

SteyrAUG
04-30-23, 17:55
Honestly, I agree with this.

"It is not our standard procedure to evacuate American citizens living abroad,"

People choose to live in Sudan, then live in Sudan. Not really interested in bringing radicalized Burgdahls back to the US.

SteyrAUG
04-30-23, 18:07
It's probably a bad idea to go live in Sudan.

hoopharted
04-30-23, 18:22

People choose to live in Sudan, then live in Sudan. Not really interested in bringing radicalized Burgdahls back to the US.

so embassy officials ,peace corps , folks like that deserve what ever they get , nice

thats it stand by your pedo and chief

titsonritz
04-30-23, 18:23
There is a thread going on this already.
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?240522-Sudan-s-civil-war-expat-US-citizens-abandoned-just-like-in-Afghanistan

Averageman
04-30-23, 19:23
If you work outside the US as some sort of Contractor, you have to keep your wits about you and your ear to the ground. That includes taking such a job under this or any other weak Political Administration.
If it's time to go home, go home, staying longer is poison.
Going home early is better than going home in a box.

SteyrAUG
04-30-23, 21:10
so embassy officials ,peace corps , folks like that deserve what ever they get , nice

thats it stand by your pedo and chief

Nobody said embassy officials. And Biden is evacuating those people if you read the link. Peace corp, missionaries, etc. if you are dumb enough to go to Sudan then you better have an exit plan in place or a really good relationship with jesus.

I'm sure he will find a way to F it all up, but that really isn't relevant to anything I said anyway.

SteyrAUG
04-30-23, 21:11
If you work outside the US as some sort of Contractor, you have to keep your wits about you and your ear to the ground. That includes taking such a job under this or any other weak Political Administration.
If it's time to go home, go home, staying longer is poison.
Going home early is better than going home in a box.

Aside from professional face shooters, there are few people who have any reason to go to Sudan. If you go for the money, you takes your chances.

chuckman
05-01-23, 07:49

Unfortunately for the government and the citizens, the government has already set precedent: we WILL evacuate AMCITS living abroad, and depending on your position and 'pull' with Congress, the US might even send in JSOC and OGA assets to do it.

Sudan is not a denied environment, it's really only semi-permissive in that some roads and airports are blocked. The US could easily and safely evacuate any American who wishes to leave.

chuckman
05-01-23, 07:51

Unfortunately for the government and the citizens, the government has already set precedent: we WILL evacuate AMCITS living abroad, and depending on your position and 'pull' with Congress, the US might even send in JSOC and OGA assets to do it.

Sudan is not a denied environment, it's really only semi-permissive in that some roads and airports are blocked. The US could easily and safely evacuate any American who wishes to leave.

Alpha-17
05-01-23, 08:38

Yeah, I have to agree. If you choose to live in an area that's likely to go tits up, you should have your own plan on dealing with that eventuality. If that's too difficult, or impossible, that's on you. I appreciate missionary work, and admire their wiliness to help others and share the good news, but every missionary should also understand the possibility of martyrdom.

chuckman
05-01-23, 09:08
Yeah, I have to agree. If you choose to live in an area that's likely to go tits up, you should have your own plan on dealing with that eventuality. If that's too difficult, or impossible, that's on you. I appreciate missionary work, and admire their wiliness to help others and share the good news, but every missionary should also understand the possibility of martyrdom.

I largely agree, but I also think it does not have to be binary. When I travelled I had a PACE plan and I made several people aware of those "just in case." I was aware that if something happened I was on my own until I could make it to somewhere prearranged and safe.

I don't think it's unreasonable for a country to make a reasonable effort to extract its citizens from a country in which something went sideways (coup, tsunami, earthquake, whatever), key being 'reasonable.' I don't know that I agree with AFRICOM or JSOC/SOCOM dropping everything to pivot with mass NEO operations.

It's not 'just' missionaries, either. If we have an expectation that we extract embassy personnel, what about OGA personnel? What about personnel contracted to the US? Again I don't think it has to be binary, but I am not sure where the line lay.