PDA

View Full Version : New Dark Earth NX8 1-8X... lens glare normal?

abara6
05-02-23, 21:55
Hello,

I just received an NF NX8 1-8X Dark Earth today. The eye box definitely lives up to its reputation but the new reticle is nice.

I've noticed when I look around through it at 1X I get very distracting glare/relections. Seems like its in the rear lense if there'slight behind me. Is this normal? I've never noticed this with my G2 Razor 6X or even my cheaper LPVOs.

The tight eyebox I think I can get used to, but if the glare is normal I am probably going to sell this.

Thanks ahead of time for your input.

davidjinks
05-04-23, 14:19
I’ve got 3 NF 1-8 and have never noticed what you’re describing. That’s shooting indoors, outdoors, full light, crappy light.

kirkland
05-05-23, 12:13
Have you mounted in on a rifle yet or just holding with your hand and looking through it?

docsherm
05-05-23, 13:32
Hello,

I just received an NF NX8 1-8X Dark Earth today. The eye box definitely lives up to its reputation but the new reticle is nice.

I've noticed when I look around through it at 1X I get very distracting glare/relections. Seems like its in the rear lense if there'slight behind me. Is this normal? I've never noticed this with my G2 Razor 6X or even my cheaper LPVOs.

The tight eyebox I think I can get used to, but if the glare is normal I am probably going to sell this.

Thanks ahead of time for your input.

Al of the NF NX8 scopes I have had did that (4 of them).