PDA

View Full Version : Is there any real difference from gen 4 to gen 5 mags?

Sidneyious
05-04-23, 11:39
So made a decent order for glock 17 oem gen 5 mags and got gen 4 mags, should I bother with trying to send them back to get the right ones or deal with the fact that I dont have that orange follower?

georgeib
05-04-23, 11:50
AFAIK, other than the color of the followers, the only difference is that they have notches on both side of the body so the mag release can be moved on the Gen 5 frame. If you aren't a lefty with a reversed mag release on a Gen 5, you don't need Gen 5 mags.

Sidneyious
05-04-23, 11:54
AFAIK, other than the color of the followers, the only difference is that they have notches on both side of the body so the mag release can be moved on the Gen 5 frame. If you aren't a lefty with a reversed mag release on a Gen 5, you don't need Gen 5 mags.That was available on gen 4 mags, it's how my gen 4 is right now.

georgeib
05-04-23, 11:56
That was available on gen 4 mags, it's how my gen 4 is right now.Ah, okay. Well according to an article I just skimmed, the only difference between the 2 generations' magazines is the color of the followers.

Dukr
05-04-23, 17:13
I'm pretty sure the base plate is a bit different, also. Doesn't really matter, but if you ordered Gen 5, you should get Gen 5.

Wake27
05-04-23, 17:41
Baseplate shape and follower color. I really like the orange follower, I’ve replaced the black in all of my earlier mags. I’d want Gen 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

pag23
05-04-23, 19:25
Baseplate shape and follower color. I really like the orange follower, I’ve replaced the black in all of my earlier mags. I’d want Gen 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This....I have updated to Gen 5 mags as well

Sidneyious
05-05-23, 09:21
Well they made it right, going to ship the new ones out with a return slip.

Definitely will be giving these folks another visit, yeah sure someone ****ed up which at this time it's understandable with everything going on.

davidjinks
05-05-23, 09:23
Other than the orange follower and “longer” base plate, no, there’s no functional difference.

With that said, you ordered and paid for Gen 5 mags. Call the dealer up and tell them to fix it.

So made a decent order for glock 17 oem gen 5 mags and got gen 4 mags, should I bother with trying to send them back to get the right ones or deal with the fact that I dont have that orange follower?

Bret
05-05-23, 09:37
sure someone ****ed up which at this time it's understandable with everything going on.
What's going on that hinders people from shipping the correct magazine?

Sidneyious
05-05-23, 10:59
What's going on that hinders people from shipping the correct magazine?All I know is they said the person in charge of signing off the shipment got yelled at.

pag23
05-05-23, 20:45
What's going on that hinders people from shipping the correct magazine?

Covid?