PDA

View Full Version : ACE ARFX Stocks

Kaos
12-29-08, 21:33
I ran a search but didn't find much other than sales and how to remove info.

I've been running this stock for a while. I generally prefer fixed stocks so I went with this over the A2. Im retooling my AR with good quality parts now. What are the downsides to this stock.

I don't know everything, or admit to. I just want to see what everyone's opinions on the stock are form a durability standpoint.

Cold Zero
12-29-08, 21:37
The foam starts to disintegrate and smell after awhile. The sling attachment points are the the most user friendly. Solid stock though.

chadbag
12-29-08, 21:43
The foam starts to disintegrate and smell after awhile. The sling attachment points are the the most user friendly. Solid stock though.

You can buy extra foam sleeves :-)

I have had one on a gun for several years now and like it (without rubber buttpad to approximate an A1 length which is best for most people according to some). It is light weight which was one of the criteria I had when I got it.

Chad

Kaos
12-29-08, 21:44
As far as using it for a defensive gun...any thoughts?

Cold Zero
12-29-08, 21:52
You can buy extra foam sleeves :-)

Chad

That is correct, after the start smelling and falling apart, replacements can be bought from Brownells. For every plus, there is usually a minus...

Kaos
12-30-08, 08:51
Im just trying to gauge if this would be appropriate (as this is the most technical AR forum out there) if this thing will hold up. I figure it's stronger than the USGI A1/A2 stock, but people tend to shy away from fixed stocks...whereas they just fit me better....I would go adjustable if need be...but until them Im staying fixed length.

Cold Zero
12-30-08, 09:00
I figure it's stronger than the USGI A1/A2 stock, but people tend to shy away from fixed stocks...whereas they just fit me better....I would go adjustable if need be...but until them Im staying fixed length.

The ARFX comes in full length and entry length. Let's say equal to A1 v. A2. They are aluminum so they will be stornger than the plastic A1 and A2. I own both.

Veracity
01-02-09, 17:10
I own the Ace Skeleton stock...

It feels great and other people who shoot it side by side with my other rifles (which have A1 and A2 stocks) comment on the nice feel.