PDA

View Full Version : Wyatt Earp speaks on gunfighting

WillBrink
05-18-23, 14:00
In his own words. Narrator does a good job of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEJNpWBcvQE

Jellybean
05-18-23, 16:07
Well well.... looks like serious shooters have always come to the same conclusions...

StainlessSteelRat
05-18-23, 16:36
That picture of 75 y.o. Earp in the rocking chair is great. That's the face of a no-nonsense MFer.

mark5pt56
05-19-23, 06:36
That picture of 75 y.o. Earp in the rocking chair is great. That's the face of a no-nonsense MFer.

I think he was born again as Ken Hackathorn

StainlessSteelRat
05-19-23, 10:31
I'd not be a bit surprised if Wyatt rocked a 1911 in his later years. Interestingly, Earp did some security work for Southern Pacific RR around Colton, CA and bounty hunting for LASD in his twilight years.

FromMyColdDeadHand
05-19-23, 17:26
He refers to some guys in ‘71. Not ‘associates’ but another name? That he learned a lot from them. Anyone familiar with them?

ABNAK
05-20-23, 16:56
I read the article and it was very interesting. Seems like the basics have always been as such, regardless of six-gun or semi-auto.

I like how he addressed the specifics of revolver shooting, down to what parts were modified and/or removed. Never knew that some guys "lashed" the trigger to the rear against the trigger guard or removed it altogether so it was a thumb-fired weapon at that point. Also like how he suggested the proper thumb placement for cocking (basically the whole thumb, not just the meaty part).

SteyrAUG
05-20-23, 17:12
I bet if you were able to say to him "slow is smooth, smooth is fast" he'd agree.

HKGuns
05-20-23, 17:25
I bet if you were able to say to him "slow is smooth, smooth is fast" he'd agree.

Yep that is exactly what he says in the stuff I’ve seen previously.

yoni
05-20-23, 20:34
gunfighting is very simple,but not easy.