PDA

View Full Version : Just in case you weren't freaked out already.....

Averageman
05-21-23, 02:41
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/05/17/60000-lbs-explosive-ammonium-nitrate-missing-from-train-in-california/

Sixty thousand pounds of ammonium nitrate, used as a fertilizer but also in explosives, are missing from a rail shipment that was due to arrive in California from Wyoming.
Bay Area public radio station KQED reported Tuesday:
A railcar loaded with 30 tons of the chemical left Cheyenne, Wyoming, on April 12. The car was found to be empty after it arrived two weeks later at a rail stop in the Mojave Desert, according to a short incident report from the explosives firm that made the shipment.
The company, Dyno Nobel, made the report May 10 to the federal National Response Center, or NRC. The report also appeared last week in an NRC database of California incidents managed by the state office of Emergency Services last Wednesday.
Dyno Nobel says it believes the material — transported in pellet form in a covered hopper car similar to those used to ship coal — fell from the car on the way to a rail siding called Saltdale, about 30 miles from the town of Mojave in eastern Kern County.

I'm sure this Administration is all over this.

gaijin
05-21-23, 07:52
Sounds like a False Flag “theft” that will lead to much bigger False Flag exploits.
Buckle up.

ChattanoogaPhil
05-21-23, 09:35
Breaking Bad.

kirkland
05-21-23, 09:52
How the hell does 60,000 of material just magically fall out of a hopper car? What BS

FromMyColdDeadHand
05-21-23, 10:56
Breaking Bad.

My first thought too. This would have been a dry powder though, right?

the left is aways “guns, guns, guns”. It’s the engineers that have to keep an eye on- smart guys, who know how to build and therefor take down stuff, and how to make.. uncontrollable chemical reactions.

Did you guys in IRaq fear the guy running around with an AK or the engineer working on IED systems…

utahjeepr
05-21-23, 11:11
Bad gates. All the AN leaked out enroute. Mystery solved.

Oops! Gonna be extra weedy along that route this summer. :D

Maybe they need a leaky tanker full of Roundup. ;)

Pacific5th
05-21-23, 11:23
The unloading gates were either opened up, or bad. I see massive piles of stuff all the time between the rails. Seen grain so deep it completely filled the rail for quite always. You can tell how fast a train was going by the amount pilled up and see it dissipates as it speeds up. I’ve followed leaking grain, plastic, fertilizer trails for miles before. As a rail I honestly believe this is just a normal mishap but because railroad failures are hot news like this the media picked it up, cause this is very common.

Inkslinger
05-21-23, 11:29
The unloading gates were either opened up, or bad. I see massive piles of stuff all the time between the rails. Seen grain so deep it completely filled the rail for quite always. You can tell how fast a train was going by the amount pilled up and see it dissipates as it speeds up. I’ve followed leaking grain, plastic, fertilizer trails for miles before. As a rail I honestly believe this is just a normal mishap but because railroad failures are hot news like this the media picked it up, cause this is very common.

If that were the case, wouldn’t it be reported that way? It wouldn’t be much of a mystery if the doors on the bottom of a rail car where open enough to let 60 tons out.

JediGuy
05-21-23, 14:30
Breaking Bad.

Yep lol

Pacific5th
05-21-23, 16:10
If that were the case, wouldn’t it be reported that way? It wouldn’t be much of a mystery if the doors on the bottom of a rail car where open enough to let 60 tons out.

It doesn’t happen all at once. Over 500-1000 miles it will leak gradually.

AKDoug
05-21-23, 16:15
1000 miles, 60 lbs per mile. A cubic foot of fertilizer weighs just about 60#.. Spreading a cubic foot of fertilizer over 1 mile would hardly be noticeable.

SomeOtherGuy
05-21-23, 16:53

Not a rail but this isn't at all hard to believe. And stories report that the seals were still sealed, so any theft would have been somewhat sophisticated.

This much AN sprinkled over 1000 miles of railway is a total nothing.

SteyrAUG
05-21-23, 20:07
Sounds like a False Flag “theft” that will lead to much bigger False Flag exploits.
Buckle up.

Sounds more like leftist terrorist groups.

AKjeff
05-21-23, 21:10

You're counting on the media NOT to sensationalize a story these days? Particularly if they can try to scare people into thinking someone stole one of the ingredients for a home made bomb?

05-21-23, 22:08
How the hell does 60,000 of material just magically fall out of a hopper car? What BS

Very easily. It’s a load of stuff about the consistency of BB’s. If any door is cracked a little bit it trickles out.

A 40K pound load I was supposed to receive trickled out over less than 100 miles of highway and all I got was an empty trailer. Receiving light loads like that is fairly common.

titsonritz
05-21-23, 23:43
Them white supremacists must at it again.

33XRAY
05-22-23, 00:08
All we are is ammonium nitrate in the wind. Way to be a ****ing BUZZ kill