PDA

View Full Version : Need Sight-Install Recommendation for Yorktown VA

blackscot
12-30-08, 07:38
Was visiting my buddy at subject location over the weekend, during which of course we spent some range time at his local club. He liked the Warren 2-dot nightsights I recently put on my Glock 19, and wants something similar installed on his Sig 229.

Although I installed my sights, the tools were (1) borrowed, and since returned to their non-local owner, and (2) were for Glock, and probably wouldn't work on a Sig anyway.

He would like to find somewhere local to Yorktown for performing the installation, to avoid having to ship anything. Let me know if you have a good steer -- thanks.

Robb Jensen
12-30-08, 07:43
I don't know when Scott Warren will have the SIG models done, a few weeks ago he said he would be doing some soon for SIGs/XDs.

SIGs are a little trickier, the fronts are easy to break if you don't use a sight tool and make sure that the front isn't going in at an angle into the front dovetail. The rear sights are cake like a Glock.

blackscot
12-30-08, 07:49
I don't know when Scott Warren will have the SIG models done, a few weeks ago he said he would be doing some soon for SIGs/XDs.

SIGs are a little trickier, the fronts are easy to break if you don't use a sight tool and make sure that the front isn't going in at an angle into the front dovetail. The rear sights are cake like a Glock.

Thanks. I'm not sure my buddy is dead-set on Warrens, but he definitely wants something tritium. We were doing low-light drills at his indoor range, during which my G19 had a distinct advantage.

Thanks too for the heads-up on Sig-associated trickiness. I want to make sure my friend's gun doesn't get butchered.

Robb Jensen
12-30-08, 07:51
Also be sure to use masking tape on the slides sides to keep the sight tool from scratching the slide. If you scratch the slide on a stainless (Nitron coated) SIG-Sauer slide you can't touch it up with anything since it's stainless steel.

I use MGW sight tools with SIGs.

blackscot
12-30-08, 08:50
Also be sure to use masking tape on the slides sides.........I use MGW sight tools with SIGs.

Just occurred to me, the subject's sister lives in Manassas......maybe he should just give you a call on his next visit up. Definitely the most reliable source I know of. :D

ToddG
12-30-08, 11:05
I've had gotm4 put sights on a number of my guns. He has a voodoo-like ability to zero them perfectly on the first try just by eyeballing things. I'd go so far as to say his work has always been ... flawless.

Littlelebowski
12-30-08, 11:11
I've had good luck removing marks from sights using Montana Copper Killer on a Q-tip. That being said, I will start using masking tape from now on.

blackscot
12-30-08, 11:24
I've had gotm4 put sights on a number of my guns.......his work has always been ... flawless.

I've already emailed the contact info to my buddy. :cool:

"People.....helping people......" :p

chrismartin
12-30-08, 12:25
I live in the area and have several MGW sight pushers, including the sig tool. I live in the area (Poquoson/Yorktown area) and am a member at Lafayette. PM me if you or your friend still need help.

blackscot
01-05-09, 05:44
I live in the area and have several MGW sight pushers, including the sig tool. I live in the area (Poquoson/Yorktown area) and am a member at Lafayette. PM me if you or your friend still need help.

Hey thanks. My friend is also a Lafayette member -- lives about 3 minutes from the range.

I'll PM you once whatever bug is currently in that part of the system gets cleared up. :rolleyes:

blackscot
01-08-09, 05:51
Turns out my bud doesn't get to Manassas to visit his sister much these days, since having taken their mom off her hands to move in with him down at Yorktown (the lady is 82 but is doing great).

Anyway, he's lined up with Chris now -- many thanks man. I see good things happening. :D