PDA

View Full Version : 922r question

Slater
06-13-23, 20:26
This page from UTG's catalog describes one of their polymer AR mags, noting that it is "Proudly designed and made in the USA". The specifications page says that it is not 922r compliant. Not very well versed in 922r requirements, but doesn't this indicate that at least one component (in this case, either mag body, spring, follower, or floor plate) is foreign sourced?

https://www.leapers.com/utg-pro-ar15-30-round-polymer-magazine-223556-black-rbuam01.html

titsonritz
06-13-23, 22:09
Who buys imported ARs?

Mr_Happy1
06-14-23, 00:17
Who buys imported ARs?

I don't think it is necessarily ARs, I think it is for the various other platforms that use that type of mag.

FromMyColdDeadHand
06-14-23, 01:23
Weird that is says 922r, which I thought was for complete firearms, but not ITAR…

It also causes cancer, but only in CA…

SteyrAUG
06-14-23, 02:28
This page from UTG's catalog describes one of their polymer AR mags, noting that it is "Proudly designed and made in the USA". The specifications page says that it is not 922r compliant. Not very well versed in 922r requirements, but doesn't this indicate that at least one component (in this case, either mag body, spring, follower, or floor plate) is foreign sourced?

https://www.leapers.com/utg-pro-ar15-30-round-polymer-magazine-223556-black-rbuam01.html

Leapers is China parts assembled in the US. That way they can use "proudly made in the US" but it's still non compliant china crap. Buy Pmags.

SomeOtherGuy
06-14-23, 09:11
The idea of caring about 922(r) compliance seems almost quaint given everything else going on. I don't think it was ever enforced against end users anyway, only as a way to prevent imports of whole rifles of "evil" types.

That said, 922(r) goes by origin of parts including mag parts. Leapers could be importing foreign parts and having them assembled into an actual magazine here. Or they could just have a poorly edited website, where the "no" in the compliance box of specifications wasn't actually noticed or edited by whoever did the main copy work.

Like Steyr said, buy Pmags... and I'll add, for the same price or more than a Pmag, uh buy Pmags.