PDA

View Full Version : Yuengling beer going down the BUd Light road?

pag23
06-15-23, 20:30
I guess Yeungling wants to take Bud Lights spot.....

https://thepostmillennial.com/yuengling-sponsors-pa-pride-drag-show-for-families

SteyrAUG
06-15-23, 21:01
I think we need confirmation that Yuengling knowingly sponsored a pride event and didn't just sponsor what someone presented as a "family friendly" event.

I could see a group wishing to see everyone get the Bud Light treatment, especially if they have turned down pride theme events before. There is some shaky speculative journalism at that link.

That said, if they really did get on the bus on purpose, then full steam ahead.

kirkland
06-15-23, 21:06
If it's true, how dumb can they be? They were reaping the benefit of the Bud Lite boycott, then they decide to jump on the woke train? All they had to do was nothing.

signal4l
06-15-23, 21:22
Sonofabitch. I was a Yeungling fan. Not any more.

That was an unbelievably stupid thing for them to do. The result is predicable

SteyrAUG
06-15-23, 21:57
If it's true, how dumb can they be? They were reaping the benefit of the Bud Lite boycott, then they decide to jump on the woke train? All they had to do was nothing.

That's why I sorta think they and us are getting played. I have yet to see any official promotion of the event on their page.

hotbiggun42
06-15-23, 22:12
I think i will start drinking just so i can stop drinking yuegling beer.

Rob96
06-16-23, 01:56
So being from the area I may be able to put some perspective on this. Musikfest is a huge 10 day event with many venues. Yuengling is the sponsor of one of those venues for the 10 days and has been been for several years. Musikfest books the shows. Yuengling was involved with the venue long before the booking of any of the shows.

SteyrAUG
06-16-23, 05:38
So being from the area I may be able to put some perspective on this. Musikfest is a huge 10 day event with many venues. Yuengling is the sponsor of one of those venues for the 10 days and has been been for several years. Musikfest books the shows. Yuengling was involved with the venue long before the booking of any of the shows.

And that is what I fear, that what may be a holdout from all this nonsense is being setup for sabotage and the retards on our short buses are gonna do the work for them.

Bud Lite, Target and the rest put this shit on their own page. I have seen NOTHING on Yuengling and it looks very much like when they learned the venue was gonna be used for a drag show, they requested that Musikfest take down anything that mentions their sponsorship. Wouldn't it be something if the one holdout who refused to knowingly support any of this, gets sacrificed anyway for their efforts.

It is a time for target discrimination and I wondered how long it would take for somebody to get implicated in supporting something they never supported.

Yuengling does need to address it though, we need to hear "those ****ers tried to pull a fast one on us and we pulled our support, furthermore we don't appreciate being forced into a political issue we were trying to stay neutral on or simply didn't agree with."

Rob96
06-16-23, 07:45
And that is what I fear, that what may be a holdout from all this nonsense is being setup for sabotage and the retards on our short buses are gonna do the work for them.

Bud Lite, Target and the rest put this shit on their own page. I have seen NOTHING on Yuengling and it looks very much like when they learned the venue was gonna be used for a drag show, they requested that Musikfest take down anything that mentions their sponsorship. Wouldn't it be something if the one holdout who refused to knowingly support any of this, gets sacrificed anyway for their efforts.

It is a time for target discrimination and I wondered how long it would take for somebody to get implicated in supporting something they never supported.

Yuengling does need to address it though, we need to hear "those ****ers tried to pull a fast one on us and we pulled our support, furthermore we don't appreciate being forced into a political issue we were trying to stay neutral on or simply didn't agree with."

Very true. And why are we just boycotting Bud Lite when they are in fact owned by InBev who also owns Modelo Especial which has now moved into #1. It also costs more than Bud Lite. Check Fox news' website. There is an interesting article from a former employee that this was all planned by InBev to sacrifice the Bud Lite brand. Benefits are being cut. Contracts are being renegotiated and layoffs are taking place.

chuckman
06-16-23, 08:31
That sounds like a hard turn from what Yuengling has been doing and saying. I would be surprised if this was a corporate thing and not something much smaller and not run through corporate.

I have not had a Bud Lite in years. I won't stop drinking Yuengling though.

Alpha-17
06-16-23, 08:44
I don't drink beer, but I'll just say that people need to be careful of knee jerk reactions to reports like this. Fake reporting actually helps the Leftists, as if they can get people angry at enough companies, they can hope to dilute the anger, and thus dilute the impact of boycotts. If people don't think they can keep track of how many companies are on the "naughty list" they tend to just forget about the whole thing.

markm
06-16-23, 08:59
I don't drink beer, but I'll just say that people need to be careful of knee jerk reactions to reports like this. Fake reporting actually helps the Leftists, as if they can get people angry at enough companies, they can hope to dilute the anger, and thus dilute the impact of boycotts. If people don't think they can keep track of how many companies are on the "naughty list" they tend to just forget about the whole thing.

The whole faggotry force feed is just a campaign to create division and anger. But yeah, I do agree that it's an effective way to manipulate people who don't take time to think critically.

And what the hell is yuengling beer anyway?

chuckman
06-16-23, 09:34

It's the oldest brewery in the US, out of eastern Pennsylvania. NC has only had it for a few years. It's inexpensive, but very good.

glocktogo
06-16-23, 10:11
Yeah I'm gonna have to have concrete evidence before I switch from Yuengling. It just doesn't sound like something they'd do.

kirkland
06-16-23, 10:29
I've actually been wanting to try it, I haven't seen it in stores here on the west coast.

sgtrock82
06-16-23, 10:30
I don't drink beer, but I'll just say that people need to be careful of knee jerk reactions to reports like this. Fake reporting actually helps the Leftists, as if they can get people angry at enough companies, they can hope to dilute the anger, and thus dilute the impact of boycotts. If people don't think they can keep track of how many companies are on the "naughty list" they tend to just forget about the whole thing.This. Also if some of these calls for boycotts turn into big nothing burgers it helps deflate and dilute the excitement around further boycotts and paints those calling for them in a negative lite which will be ridiculed on an official level.

Sent from my BE2028 using Tapatalk

chuckman
06-16-23, 10:33
I've actually been wanting to try it, I haven't seen it in stores here on the west coast.

I am no beer snob. My favorite beer is "free." I like the inexpensive beers, and even cheap beers, especially cheap regional beers (Genesee, Hamm's, etc.). To me Yuengling, which used to be just regional, is best in class.

StainlessSteelRat
06-16-23, 10:48
I am no beer snob. My favorite beer is "free." I like the inexpensive beers, and even cheap beers, especially cheap regional beers (Genesee, Hamm's, etc.). To me Yuengling, which used to be just regional, is best in class.

Damn, I didn't even know Hamms is still being made. I haven't drank any since late 70s probably. I'd thought it went the way of Burgermeister. I seldom drink beer anymore, except for a good Belgian Abby if I can find one.

ryr8828
06-16-23, 11:42

Miller Lite, Bud Lite, Coors Lite, Milwaukees Best Lite, I never cared.

What my buddy said one time when I was out of beer and he handed me a Budweiser "Yeah you always say it tastes like horse piss until you run out, then it's just fine"!

Artos
06-16-23, 13:27
It's not true...Yuengling just got tangled up being in the same event.

They are flag waving patriots & even took some heat for supporting trump...think that went back to 2016??

LOTS of people have moved to them from AB.

YUENGLING FIRES OFF PATRIOTIC POST AS BUD LIGHT LOSES TOP SPOT TO MODELO

https://www.outkick.com/yuengling-fires-off-patriotic-post-as-bud-light-loses-top-spot-to-modelo/

jsbhike
06-16-23, 14:37

Not much of a drinker, but I will say it is extremely good to simmer hotdogs and bratwurst in.

SteyrAUG
06-16-23, 16:36
Very true. And why are we just boycotting Bud Lite when they are in fact owned by InBev who also owns Modelo Especial which has now moved into #1. It also costs more than Bud Lite. Check Fox news' website. There is an interesting article from a former employee that this was all planned by InBev to sacrifice the Bud Lite brand. Benefits are being cut. Contracts are being renegotiated and layoffs are taking place.

And that is another thing we need to watch for. So much of this BS is orchestrated.

Waylander
06-16-23, 18:07
I can guarantee you Yuengling is not down with that.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230616/dc6ca1125cbea9f904fe21d9d538a9d6.jpg

pag23
06-16-23, 21:04
It's the oldest brewery in the US, out of eastern Pennsylvania. NC has only had it for a few years. It's inexpensive, but very good.

You have to try the ice cream...yummy

Rob96
06-17-23, 04:07
Yuengling released a statement yesterday stating that they had the naming rights to the venue however it is separate from the rights of and actions of ArtsQuest planning and booking the shows. They also stated that they appreciate that the show is age restricted to ages 18 and older.

Rob96
06-17-23, 04:14

I think they have their history on their web page. Great story and from I can tell great family. The business was never handed down. The child/children have to purchase it from their father when the time comes. Dick Yuengling even though a billionaire, walks around in jeans, flannels and work boots. And as I have been told, still lives in the ranch house that he bought way back when he was an employee.

The Porter is great. During prohibition it was still brewed as it was considered medicinal for nursing mothers. So guess who reaped the benefits of the scripts that were written.

pag23
06-17-23, 09:06
Yuengling released a statement yesterday stating that they had the naming rights to the venue however it is separate from the rights of and actions of ArtsQuest planning and booking the shows. They also stated that they appreciate that the show is age restricted to ages 18 and older.

Well in that case...I recommend closing the thread...they are keeping to their morals

SteyrAUG
06-17-23, 12:56

Right from the start the whole thing wasn't passing the sniff test. Sad part is how many just jumped on and accepted it. Even worse than buying Tranny fluid on purpose, we have allowed those who promoted it to somewhat successfully attack the one company that was a strong holdout.