PDA

View Full Version : Juneteenth deals, postem here.

hotbiggun42
06-19-23, 09:34
Any good juneteenth sales? Postem up guys!

FromMyColdDeadHand
06-19-23, 10:06
Does anyone, outside of GOV, have today off?

SomeOtherGuy
06-19-23, 11:11
Can't tell if serious...

Does anyone, outside of GOV, have today off?

And banks, it appears. That's about it.

Artos
06-19-23, 11:14
My son got the day off...said his company honors all fed holidays.

docsherm
06-19-23, 11:22
Juneteenth type Celebration turns into a typical Juneteenth Celebration in Illinois

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12207611/Multiple-people-shot-Illinois-shopping-mall.html

titsonritz
06-19-23, 11:41
Like what, a mishmashed collect of 9mm rounds in a Ziploc baggy and a Glock switch?

Adrenaline_6
06-19-23, 11:46
What's funny is a I got an auto reply email from a company we deal with that they are observing Juneteenth. They are a Canadian based company...lol.

markm
06-19-23, 12:17
I'm going to make up a random holiday called HonkeyTeenth!

ChattanoogaPhil
06-19-23, 12:22
It seems to be celebrated with a lot of shootings.

FromMyColdDeadHand
06-19-23, 13:53
I’m not sure on the hostility towards this holiday. I just find it kind of odd that I have to work on a day when slaves were freed.

Who doesn’t want to celebrate the end of slavery? Plus it’s one weekend out of pride month. It would be nice if they actually acknowledge the metric ass load of white guys who died to free the slaves.

I see some people complaining about the timing, but finally some kudos for getting some thing besides the shortest cold this month.

So it’s got a funny name, who cares. Heck, I’d be all for changing July 4 from “Independence Day“ to “**** around with our guns, and find out-th”, which is the actual event and why the revolutionary war started- not taxes or lack of representation.

gaijin
06-19-23, 14:05
What's funny is a I got an auto reply email from a company we deal with that they are observing Juneteenth. They are a Canadian based company...lol.

They're LINING UP to take that knee and suck that C@$K.

WHERE is that Chicxulub Asteroid 2.0 when you really need it??

joedirt199
06-19-23, 14:25
St Louis one probably had nothing to do with the holiday. A buddy of mine works government security at a government construction site and said he counted 100 shots one night. Shootings are an everyday thing here.

LoboTBL
06-19-23, 16:51
I wonder how many actually know what the holiday commemorates. It's not the day that slaves were freed in the US. I'd never even heard of it until we moved to Texas in the late 70s.

markm
06-19-23, 16:57
I wonder how many actually know what the holiday commemorates. It's not the day that slaves were freed in the US. I'd never even heard of it until we moved to Texas in the late 70s.

Oh the local news propaganda outlet covered it in agonizing detail here! I still couldn't tell you what it's about as it went in one ear, and out my ass in fart form.

jsbhike
06-19-23, 17:05
I’m not sure on the hostility towards this holiday. I just find it kind of odd that I have to work on a day when slaves were freed.

Who doesn’t want to celebrate the end of slavery? Plus it’s one weekend out of pride month. It would be nice if they actually acknowledge the metric ass load of white guys who died to free the slaves.

I see some people complaining about the timing, but finally some kudos for getting some thing besides the shortest cold this month.

So it’s got a funny name, who cares. Heck, I’d be all for changing July 4 from “Independence Day“ to “**** around with our guns, and find out-th”, which is the actual event and why the revolutionary war started- not taxes or lack of representation.

It's the constant insinuation that I was somehow responsible for it/would partake in it now made by people who(based on their involvement in slimy shit now to empower and enrich themselves) likely would have been involved in the slave trade then.

Along with that, the typical complainant/accuser being less than @ 160 years old while claiming victim status and ignoring such things as African slaves being bought from Africans who captured them and their ignoring slavery still occurring in Africa to this day are just some other irritants about the whole thing.

Wake27
06-19-23, 17:15
It's the constant insinuation that I was somehow responsible for it/would partake in it now made by people who(based on their involvement in slimy shit now to empower and enrich themselves) likely would have been involved in the slave trade then.

Along with that, the typical complainant/accuser being less than @ 160 years old while claiming victim status and ignoring such things as African slaves being bought from Africans who captured them and their ignoring slavery still occurring in Africa to this day are just some other irritants about the whole thing.

What did you have to give up for this be declared a federal holiday?

Nothing? That’s what I thought.

Everybody wants to be upset about something nowadays, it’s ****ing lame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jsbhike
06-19-23, 17:26

You have no issue with being accused of something you haven't done and wouldn't do?

That's a very interesting position considering the similarities to the "what you might do" false flags used by the anti 2a crowd. Quite a bit of Venn diagram overlap with the 2 groups also.

Wake27
06-19-23, 19:02
You have no issue with being accused of something you haven't done and wouldn't do?

That's a very interesting position considering the similarities to the "what you might do" false flags used by the anti 2a crowd. Quite a bit of Venn diagram overlap with the 2 groups also.

I haven’t been accused of anything. Pretty sure I’d know it if I was.

hotbiggun42
06-19-23, 19:52

True, you should go to Galveston on Juneteenth and celebrate with your fellow citizens!

FromMyColdDeadHand
06-19-23, 19:58

Exactly, it wasn’t the IMMACULATE Emancipation… They didn’t put lambs blood on their doors and they were freed…. A white guy came and shot and killed people to make it happen- and a lot of them died doing it- around 360,000. Thank you white people. Maybe you don’t always get it right, you you eventually come around…

Someone should meme this up with a Union soldier pointing to freed slaves, with “I did this…”.

jsbhike
06-19-23, 21:00

So you aren't a private firearms owner and you are non-caucasian?

On the latter, not everyone on here is. On the former?

jsbhike
06-19-23, 21:03
Error.

FromMyColdDeadHand
06-19-23, 23:36
So you aren't a private firearms owner and you are non-caucasian?

On the latter, not everyone on here is. On the former?

Can’t we just skip to where it becomes just another holiday for our friends that have a tendency to be ‘overserved’ and make an ass out of themselves, like on St. Pats Day, Cinco de mayo, and Halloween? I just hope in my lifetime the stigma around Fried Chicken and watermelon goes away- for cripes sake, we have ‘Irish Drinks’ called ‘car bombs’ and eat crappy corned beef and no one throws a hissy fit.

Slavery was bad, we ended it. it wouldn’t have ended with out white people doing something. Isn’t America great!

titsonritz
06-20-23, 00:23
Can’t we just skip to where it becomes just another holiday for our friends that have a tendency to be ‘overserved’ and make an ass out of themselves, like on St. Pats Day, Cinco de mayo, and Halloween? I just hope in my lifetime the stigma around Fried Chicken and watermelon goes away- for cripes sake, we have ‘Irish Drinks’ called ‘car bombs’ and eat crappy corned beef and no one throws a hissy fit.

Slavery was bad, we ended it. it wouldn’t have ended with out white people doing something. Isn’t America great!

Actually we didn't (only the legal part on paper), and for me that is the saddest part, it has just morphed. We have people demanding reparations for something they never experienced while people still live through it but what does remain the same is the Democrats still support it.

JediGuy
06-20-23, 04:18

OK, so I’m not the only one thinking this. Great.

jsbhike
06-20-23, 05:02
Getting along would be great, but that doesn't seem to be the goal of the spiel going along with any of this. The popular spiel of white people as an enemy is very much along the lines of the spiel of blacks as an enemy that was popular for so long.

Slavery is bad and it didn't end.

https://www.aei.org/carpe-diem/thomas-sowell-on-slavery-and-this-fact-there-are-more-slaves-today-than-were-seized-from-africa-in-four-centuries/

As the author points out, "MP: Good question, Dr. Sowell — where is the moral indignation about that interesting fact??"

jsbhike
06-20-23, 05:09
Actually we didn't (only the legal part on paper), and for me that is the saddest part, it has just morphed. We have people demanding reparations for something they never experienced while people still live through it but what does remain the same is the Democrats still support it.

The constant mantra linking whites and slavery is what I am getting at.

There is plenty of slavery now involving all ethnic groups on either side that the slavery pontificators obviously don't give a shit about so it seems reasonable to ask what they hope to achieve.

Averageman
06-20-23, 05:09
I will begin my celebration when we account for the Hundreds of Thousands of Migrant Children who are now in slavery and were brought here against their will and are now working in j0obs like meat processing plants (both kinds) at the behest of the Democrats.
I certainly don't see anyone building an Army, picking up a gun and freeing them, do you?

AndyLate
06-20-23, 06:13
Exactly, it wasn’t the IMMACULATE Emancipation… They didn’t put lambs blood on their doors and they were freed…. A white guy came and shot and killed people to make it happen- and a lot of them died doing it- around 360,000. Thank you white people. Maybe you don’t always get it right, you you eventually come around…

Someone should meme this up with a Union soldier pointing to freed slaves, with “I did this…”.

Except that the Civil War was not fought purely over slavery and many, if not most, of the Union soldiers felt the same way about black folks as the Confederate soldiers. It's like saying WWII was fought to end concentration camps.

I am good with a federal holiday commemorating the end of slavery in the US. To me, though, the title is akin to naming a ship Boaty McBoatface or a new pistol a Yeet Cannon.

Andy

SomeOtherGuy
06-20-23, 08:04
Except that the Civil War was not fought purely over slavery and many, if not most, of the Union soldiers felt the same way about black folks as the Confederate soldiers. It's like saying WWII was fought to end concentration camps.

100%, and nice to get a dose of reality brought in. We could start quoting Lincoln too.

I would save the Union. I would save it the shortest way under the Constitution. The sooner the national authority can be restored; the nearer the Union will be "the Union as it was." If there be those who would not save the Union, unless they could at the same time save slavery, I do not agree with them. If there be those who would not save the Union unless they could at the same time destroy slavery, I do not agree with them. My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that.

(at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abraham_Lincoln_and_slavery "Letter to Greeley")

Wake27
06-20-23, 08:17
The constant mantra linking whites and slavery is what I am getting at.

There is plenty of slavery now involving all ethnic groups on either side that the slavery pontificators obviously don't give a shit about so it seems reasonable to ask what they hope to achieve.

And what’re you doing by being the white male gun owner that’s angry about this being a holiday? Playing right into it maybe?

jsbhike
06-20-23, 11:09
And what’re you doing by being the white male gun owner that’s angry about this being a holiday? Playing right into it maybe?

Don't recall saying "angry". Questioning the motive doesn't seem to be "playing right in to" either.

Since questioning the narrative resulted in the emotional tinged angry white male gun owner does that mean Thomas Sowell not buying in to the story gets him the Uncle Tom moniker?

FromMyColdDeadHand
06-20-23, 13:08

I am good with a federal holiday commemorating the end of slavery in the US. To me, though, the title is akin to naming a ship Boaty McBoatface or a new pistol a Yeet Cannon.

Andy

How about using some historical ignorance to our benefit for once. Sherman marched to the sea on a unicorn freeing the slaves as he went.

Embrace the BS. Co-opt the holiday.

AKjeff
06-20-23, 13:15
How about using some historical ignorance to our benefit for once. Sherman marched to the sea on a unicorn freeing the slaves as he went.

Embrace the BS. Co-opt the holiday.

Turn it into a celebration of White Republican altruism.

ChattanoogaPhil
06-25-23, 10:13

Since you asked...

As a taxpayer, the first thing that comes to mind is paying government employees not to come to work and 'giving up' those services... not to mention the Federal Reserve being closed affecting banking and stock exchanges. Adding another day of paying millions of government employees not to come to work is far from 'nothing'.

Wake27
06-25-23, 11:23
Since you asked...

As a taxpayer, the first thing that comes to mind is paying government employees not to come to work and 'giving up' those services... not to mention the Federal Reserve being closed affecting banking and stock exchanges. Adding another day of paying millions of government employees not to come to work is far from 'nothing'.

Considering all of the money the government wastes, that seems like a big stretch to be upset about. But, sure, you’re probably getting an immeasurably small amount less for your money because government employees have one more day off of work but are getting paid the same amount. Sorry for your loss but thanks for further proving my point.

Averageman
06-25-23, 12:20
Juneteenth and I still have my Kwanza lights up...

docsherm
06-25-23, 13:12

You sir just won the internet today...... :jester:

FromMyColdDeadHand
06-25-23, 21:47

And for Pride Month, what are you behind on../

jsbhike
06-29-23, 12:34
Considering all of the money the government wastes, that seems like a big stretch to be upset about. But, sure, you’re probably getting an immeasurably small amount less for your money because government employees have one more day off of work but are getting paid the same amount. Sorry for your loss but thanks for further proving my point.

You might want to try using kinda/sorta/smidgen. "Nothing" is very specific and you chose the term.