PDA

View Full Version : Noveske Gen 4 Lower VS. Radian Weapons A-DAC Ambidextrous Billet AR-15 Lower

Armadillo
06-26-23, 21:40
Looking to stock up on Tier 1 lowers...

Unlimited budget.

What should I choose?

https://noveske.com/products/gen-4-lower-receiver/

VS.

https://www.radianweapons.com/en/receivers/lower-receiver

Disciple
06-26-23, 23:35
How about https://www.forwardcontrolsdesign.com/lrf.html

JediGuy
06-27-23, 04:28
If you are looking to “stock up,” then the answer is all of them. Or whatever you think is “most cool.”

Hank6046
06-27-23, 07:45
If you are looking to “stock up,” then the answer is all of them. Or whatever you think is “most cool.”

Agreed. What I don't get is the "stock up" for "teir 1" lowers, are you going for quantity and quality? I say this because if you want 2 or 3 good lowers from Radian or Noveske okay you've got some quality stuff, if you are looking for quantity, I would say Aero lowers or BCM. The latter of which seems to be jumping up more and more these days.

Defaultmp3
06-27-23, 08:47
Noveske if you want to buy a lifestyle brand and look cool. Radian if you want actual features.

The Noveske is not true ambi, as it lacks a right side bolt lock, and many other lowers offer the same features, just without the Noveske rollmark (KAC IWS, CMT UHP15-SSA, SanTan Tactical STT-15, Spike's Tactical Billet Gen2, Fortis License, etc.). The Radian offers true ambi (much rarer), and has the A-DAC feature, which I personally find extremely nice for admin locking of the bolt and also for clearing malfunctions (it's been super helpful in being able to clear a FTE quickly during force-on-force). Other true ambi lowers include LMT MARS-L, ADM UIC, LWRC, PWS MK1 MOD 2-M, and MVB Industries paired with a Norgon if you really want that ambi mag release (the left side mag release is the feature I use the least and honestly don't care much about, compared to the right side bolt lock and bolt release).

Stickman
06-27-23, 09:03
Do you want it for features, resale & value, or cool factor?

Noveske = Resale

Radian = Features

Whatever you like best for coolness factor.

Hammer_Man
06-27-23, 11:46
Agreed with the general consensus, go with Radian if you actually need the ambi features. Personally I’d go LMT MARS-L.

themonk
06-27-23, 12:03
How about https://www.forwardcontrolsdesign.com/lrf.html

2nd this. This is the lower I would buy

markm
06-27-23, 12:18
I don't own one single "cool" lower.:( "cool" by internet h0m0 standards that is.

I'd love to get a BCM lower and one of those Colt US Gov property lowers. The ambi gay stuff isn't my thing though.

Hammer_Man
06-27-23, 13:42
I don't own one single "cool" lower.:( "cool" by internet h0m0 standards that is.

I'd love to get a BCM lower and one of those Colt US Gov property lowers. The ambi gay stuff isn't my thing though.

Ambi lowers come with a free case of Bud Light.

Dutch110
06-27-23, 17:06
I think the LWRCi has one of the best ambi lowers on the market but rarely get mentioned in those discussions.

That being said, while I love my LWRCi, I find the lower doesn't offer me anything that my home built lowers using FCD parts don't. I guess there is an argument to be made when shooting offhand that the lack of a bolt catch/release on the opposite side is a detriment. But slingshotting the charging handle is a thing too.

themonk
06-27-23, 17:25
I think the only shop that is doing full Ambi right is Sig on the spear lowers - up to lock down to drop the bolt. I don't want a paddle. I much prefer the way Knights does it with the ability to just drop the bolt and Ambi magazine release. So easy to drop the bolt in prone. But I am not left handed.

Defaultmp3
06-27-23, 17:41
I think the only shop that is doing full Ambi right is Sig on the spear lowers - up to lock down to drop the bolt. I don't want a paddle. I much prefer the way Knights does it with the ability to just drop the bolt and Ambi magazine release. So easy to drop the bolt in prone. But I am not left handed.The Radian AX556, ADM UIC, and MVB all don't use paddles, with the UIC predating the SIG by years and using the same manual of arms (as do the ambi H&K lowers). The Radian and MVB both have the bolt release lever in a similar spot as the KAC.

themonk
06-27-23, 18:31
The Radian AX556, ADM UIC, and MVB all don't use paddles, with the UIC predating the SIG by years and using the same manual of arms (as do the ambi H&K lowers). The Radian and MVB both have the bolt release lever in a similar spot as the KAC.

Yes, I get that.

.45fan
06-27-23, 18:43

I bought a stripped BCM lower that was a special run, I was told they are not normally sold as stripped lowers.
I bought a complete BCM upper and the now rifle is the loosest most rattling (between upper and lower) I have ever seen.

The accuracy is horrible also, to give you an idea I also built an aero upper and lower using Seekins lower parts and Aero upper parts and this one is way more accurate and the fit between upper an lower is correct (read: snug well fitting).

I'm hoping to run across someone with a BCM lower that came from BCM that way to put my upper onto see it it fits better.
It fits other lowers Ok so I believe the lower is the issue.

Hammer_Man
06-27-23, 20:51
I bought a stripped BCM lower that was a special run, I was told they are not normally sold as stripped lowers.
I bought a complete BCM upper and the now rifle is the loosest most rattling (between upper and lower) I have ever seen.

The accuracy is horrible also, to give you an idea I also built an aero upper and lower using Seekins lower parts and Aero upper parts and this one is way more accurate and the fit between upper an lower is correct (read: snug well fitting).

I'm hoping to run across someone with a BCM lower that came from BCM that way to put my upper onto see it it fits better.

Every BCM lower I’ve tried has had a loose sloppy fit with the upper receiver, to include BCM upper receivers. This isn’t necessarily a bad thing, as they are machined to mil spec. Every assigned weapon I’ve been issued by Uncle Sam (both Colt, and FN) has had a similar loose fit between receivers. The lack of accuracy has more to do with the barrel, or your skill set as a shooter. I used a BCM upper receiver with a Colt SOCOM barrel on one of my previous builds, and it was as accurate as any other SOCOM barreled upper I’ve used.

.45fan
06-27-23, 20:54
Every BCM lower I’ve tried has had a loose sloppy fit with the upper receiver, to include BCM upper receivers. This isn’t necessarily a bad thing, as they are machined to mil spec. Every assigned weapon I’ve been issued by Uncle Sam (both Colt, and FN) has had a similar loose fit between receivers. The lack of accuracy has more to do with the barrel, or your skill set as a shooter. I used a BCM upper receiver with a Colt SOCOM barrel on one of my previous builds, and it was as accurate as any other SOCOM barreled upper I’ve used.Ok, I'm not sure the issue with mine then.
If I can get good groups with one rifle but not another I just figured it was the equipment.

Thank you for the post, it's good info.

Stickman
06-29-23, 16:00

What make of barrel is on the one you have issue with? Upper to lower fit doesn't really have much to do with accuracy, when you tension up the weapon before you fire, you are eliminating the play. Its not like you are shaking it one handed while firing. Only MarkM shoots that way!!

.45fan
06-29-23, 17:41
What make of barrel is on the one you have issue with? Upper to lower fit doesn't really have much to do with accuracy, when you tension up the weapon before you fire, you are eliminating the play. Its not like you are shaking it one handed while firing. Only MarkM shoots that way!!

BCM[emoji2400] MK2 BFH 16" Mid Length (ENHANCED Light Weight) Upper Receiver Group w/ MCMR-15 Handguard
(Muzzle Device: Free BCM[emoji2400] Comp MOD 0 (Installed))

The above is a copy paste from the email order confirmation from BCM hopefully it is readable.

It was dated July of 2020

Wake27
06-29-23, 18:12
The above is a copy paste from the email order confirmation from BCM hopefully it is readable.

It was dated July of 2020

Can you define horrible accuracy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

.45fan
06-29-23, 18:17
Can you define horrible accuracy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro3" at 100yds.

The cheap Aero we put together gets 1" or better if I do my part.

Hammer_Man
06-29-23, 18:57
3" at 100yds.

The cheap Aero we put together gets 1" or better if I do my part.

What kind of ammo are you using when you’re getting those 3” groups?

Wake27
06-29-23, 19:46
What kind of ammo are you using when you’re getting those 3” groups?

Yeah and optic, support, trigger, etc…

.45fan
06-29-23, 20:15
What kind of ammo are you using when you’re getting those 3” groups?Federal 55gr and PMC 55gr.

.45fan
06-29-23, 20:23
Yeah and optic, support, trigger, etc…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ProBoth the Aero and BCM have identical Eotech HWS XPS2 optics, both were shot off hand and using a cooler (red neck bi pod), the triggers are also the same, Velocity classic drop-in 3lb.

Wake27
06-29-23, 21:27
I hope you ran that test multiple times (as in several five round groups) before saying that the BCM has terrible accuracy. 3 MOA isn’t exciting but it’s about right for that ammo, actually pretty good given all of those other circumstances.

If you did, and the Aero is still hitting 1 MOA, that’s a hell of a barrel and you got very lucky. That doesn’t mean that the BCM is inaccurate. MOA guns on the internet is just like everything else, mostly bullshit.

Defaultmp3
06-30-23, 00:11
Beyond that, I'll note that some barrels can be quite picky. Some ammo can shoot great, and others shoot terrible, all through the same barrel. Not an AR-15, but my SR-25 upper is (barely) sub-MOA with something like FGMM 168 gr. and 175 gr. Various flavors of M80 (MEN, Federal, Prvi Partizan, S&B), it's like 6 MOA at best, while Gold Dot 150 gr. and 168 gr. I'm lucky to be under 2 MOA.

Paul053
07-01-23, 11:45
I've got an AXTS lower (pre-Radian),.Aero receiver with the Teal Blue Bravo bolt catch, ADM UIC, and a Rainier arms forged "milspec-ish" with the licensed adac feature. I've also tried the MArs/lwrc/pws type lowers with the bolt catch looking paddle in the right side.

All would seem to do a great job on their own for locking back the bolt which is my main feature requirement. But I believe something that gets left out in all these discussions when talking about ambi is your hand size and how it affects your ability to utilize those features.

I wear XL gloves and to put it in perspective, when my trigger finger is straight and off the trigger, the mag release sits in between my first and second knuckle.

Of all the ambi lowers, the ones with the adac feature allow me the easiest experience to lock the bolt back,because it's simply pressing the mag release button. All other forms require a contortion of my trigger finger to actuate making it awkward to hold the weight of the gun in one hand while curling my finger back to move the lever up on ADM lowers.

If you can test drive an ambi lower to see how your own anatomy fits it that would be best.

Although my AXTS/radian is my most Gucci lower... I've found myself gravitating to the Rainier Arms forged lower with adac most. The right side bolt release is a feature I never use. And being forged it's compatible with more after market components like the Hrf magwell.

I believe Umbrella Corp also makes a lower that license the adac feature.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Disciple
07-01-23, 15:48
I've found myself gravitating to the Rainier Arms forged lower with adac most.

I cannot find the product page. Is it discontinued?

Defaultmp3
07-01-23, 16:26
I cannot find the product page. Is it discontinued?Pretty sure there are no more A-DAC forged lowers of any kind being made currently. AXTS made them for awhile, and Rainier Arms definitely also put out a forged lower of their own with A-DAC licenced for awhile, but AFAIK, the former never made it to Radian, while the latter was discontinued in like 2020.

You can get similar functionality using the Redi-Mag Redi-Catch: https://www.redi-mag.com/product/redi-catch/

Disciple
07-01-23, 17:28
Thanks. I chose not to get the Redi-Catch based on this thread. (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?225753-Redi-Catch) Perhaps I misunderstood but I don't want to practice a manual of arms for something that may stick if I push on it too hard under stress.

.45fan
07-02-23, 20:28
I hope you ran that test multiple times (as in several five round groups) before saying that the BCM has terrible accuracy. 3 MOA isn’t exciting but it’s about right for that ammo, actually pretty good given all of those other circumstances.

If you did, and the Aero is still hitting 1 MOA, that’s a hell of a barrel and you got very lucky. That doesn’t mean that the BCM is inaccurate. MOA guns on the internet is just like everything else, mostly bullshit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ProWe did run it with three different shooters to remove shooter error from the equation and 3" was the best from the bcm.
We did not try different ammo as I have several cases of each and no other ammo. I should try other ammo ad I didn't even think of it being picky with ammo (another poster mentioned this).

Thanks for the input,I appreciate it.