PDA

View Full Version : Remember Leslie Van Houten, she out

Lacos
07-11-23, 19:33
Ex-Manson family member and ex-homecoming queen paroled from prison after serving 53yrs.

"Van Houten will have a three-year maximum parole term with a parole discharge review occurring after one year," a spokesperson said.

Van Houten was 19 when she joined the Manson Family and help kill Leno LaBianca and his wife, Rosemary, in 1969.“

https://www.foxnews.com/us/charles-manson-follower-leslie-van-houten-released-california-prison

SteyrAUG
07-11-23, 20:59
Disgraceful.

.45fan
07-11-23, 21:08
Hopefully she will join Manson quickly.

m1a_scoutguy
07-11-23, 21:28
Yea, saw that she was eligible the other day. Talk about a Wack-a-doo cult!! Always interested in the whole thing back in the day, I was just about the age when Sharon Tate was a major babe. As they say, evil walks among us! :angry:

LoboTBL
07-11-23, 22:46
I will never understand the reasoning behind anyone who was originally given the death sentence for the crimes they committed ever being eligible for parole, even if the death sentence was commuted to a life sentence. I can only hope that she suffers even more outside the prison walls than she did inside and eventually suffers a miserable death.

utahjeepr
07-11-23, 23:30
While I don't agree with her receiving parole, I do wish that all murderers would spend 53 years in prison. I believe the median "time served" is 13.5 years for a murder conviction.

Disciple
07-12-23, 13:01
Yea, saw that she was eligible the other day. Talk about a Wack-a-doo cult!! Always interested in the whole thing back in the day, I was just about the age when Sharon Tate was a major babe. As they say, evil walks among us! :angry:

Before my time but this photo hit hard.

https://i.imgur.com/WbDOTG3.jpg

SteyrAUG
07-12-23, 15:55
Before my time but this photo hit hard.

https://i.imgur.com/WbDOTG3.jpg

It's even worse when you realize the only reason they went the Polanski home is because Manson had met with former tenant Terry Melcher and believed he would be getting a recording deal. When it never happened, he felt ripped off. He didn't realize Melcher no longer resided there.

ddbtoth
07-13-23, 22:02
Some one needs some helter skelter.

SteyrAUG
07-14-23, 00:57
Some one needs some helter skelter.

This is CA, she will become a social media celebrity.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
07-14-23, 17:08
It's even worse when you realize the only reason they went the Polanski home is because Manson had met with former tenant Terry Melcher and believed he would be getting a recording deal. When it never happened, he felt ripped off. He didn't realize Melcher no longer resided there.

Not according to Vince Bugliosi in his book Helter Skelter. Manson had been there to visit Rudy Altobelli at the guest house while the Polanski's had been there, and had met either Tate or Folger who directed him to Rudy in the guesthouse.

SteyrAUG
07-14-23, 18:45
Not according to Vince Bugliosi in his book Helter Skelter. Manson had been there to visit Rudy Altobelli at the guest house while the Polanski's had been there, and had met either Tate or Folger who directed him to Rudy in the guesthouse.

So Manson was there twice that day. Rudy Altobelli was the owner of the house at 10050 Cielo Drive, who he leased to Terry Melcher and then after that the Polanski's. On March 23 uninvited Manson went to 10050 Cielo Drive looking for Terry Melcher (who was a record producer at Columbia). Manson is met by a male friend of the Polanki's (identity unconfirmed) who suggests he check the guest house. Finding nobody there Manson left. Manson returned to 10050 Cielo Drive later in the day and met Rudy Altobelli for the first time who informed him Melcher no longer lived there.

But there is nothing that proves Manson knows the identity of the current residents or that he even believed Altobelli. Manson had originally expected Terry Melcher to visit him but Melcher never arrived at the expected time, Manson likely believed that Melcher was simply avoiding him again. Manson believed he was attacking Melcher and his friends.

The entire thing is bizarre, Manson originally believed the music he would record with Melcher would trigger his Helter Skelter scenario.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
07-18-23, 21:23
So Manson was there twice that day. Rudy Altobelli was the owner of the house at 10050 Cielo Drive, who he leased to Terry Melcher and then after that the Polanski's. On March 23 uninvited Manson went to 10050 Cielo Drive looking for Terry Melcher (who was a record producer at Columbia). Manson is met by a male friend of the Polanki's (identity unconfirmed) who suggests he check the guest house. Finding nobody there Manson left. Manson returned to 10050 Cielo Drive later in the day and met Rudy Altobelli for the first time who informed him Melcher no longer lived there.

But there is nothing that proves Manson knows the identity of the current residents or that he even believed Altobelli. Manson had originally expected Terry Melcher to visit him but Melcher never arrived at the expected time, Manson likely believed that Melcher was simply avoiding him again. Manson believed he was attacking Melcher and his friends.

The entire thing is bizarre, Manson originally believed the music he would record with Melcher would trigger his Helter Skelter scenario.

I don’t know Steyr, even Tex testified that Manson told him to go to Cielo and kill the movie stars there. I think Manson knew that the Polanskis lived there, whether or not he knew Terry was there I don’t know.

SteyrAUG
07-19-23, 03:54
I don’t know Steyr, even Tex testified that Manson told him to go to Cielo and kill the movie stars there. I think Manson knew that the Polanskis lived there, whether or not he knew Terry was there I don’t know.

It's possible. I may be trying to apply barely logical motivations to crazy people again.

It might be like Hinkley where he originally planned to kill Carter and then Reagan became president so nothing really changes.

Stickman
07-20-23, 09:42
Maybe Leslie repented. Maybe she found God. That isn't for me to judge. That is for the Lord to judge when she dies. Here on earth, we pass sentence as to the crimes which are committed, and we separate people from society who are a danger to others. As already mentioned, if we deem a person to be killed for the crimes they have committed, ANY release seems like a violation of what the jury decided.

Release or no release, it isn't bringing ST back.

https://www.mediastorehouse.com.au/p/767/sharon-tate-american-actress-aged-22-21836980.jpg.webp

SteyrAUG
07-20-23, 15:04
Maybe Leslie repented. Maybe she found God. That isn't for me to judge. That is for the Lord to judge when she dies. Here on earth, we pass sentence as to the crimes which are committed, and we separate people from society who are a danger to others. As already mentioned, if we deem a person to be killed for the crimes they have committed, ANY release seems like a violation of what the jury decided.

Release or no release, it isn't bringing ST back.

https://www.mediastorehouse.com.au/p/767/sharon-tate-american-actress-aged-22-21836980.jpg.webp

Van Houten admitted to stabbing Rosemary LaBianca over a dozen times as cohort Patricia Krenwinkle held their victim down on Aug. 9, 1969. On that fateful night, Van Houten said she was also helping to hold Rosemary down while Charles “Tex” Watson stabbed her. Watson then told Van Houton to “do something." He passed her a knife and Van Houten stabbed Rosemary in the back around 14 times.

After the murders, Van Houten changed clothes and drank chocolate milk from the couple's fridge, according to The New York Times, citing parole records.

The word “war” was carved into Leno's stomach, from which an ivory-handled carving fork protruded. “Death to Pigs” was scrawled with their blood on the living room wall.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
07-20-23, 18:27
And, the coroner determined that while some of the stab wounds attributed to Van Houten were post mortem, many were while Rosemary was very much alive.

What a pure travesty that these demons are getting out of prison.

Averageman
07-20-23, 18:43
After so long on a "Life Sentence" you're very likely to never be a threat to anyone ever again.
However;
Her personal redemption is on her, everyday She has to look herself in the mirror and understand what She has done to ruin her life. I really am totally unconcerned about her redemption and feel a "Life Sentence" should be just that.
Time does not heal all wounds.

SteyrAUG
07-20-23, 22:21
After so long on a "Life Sentence" you're very likely to never be a threat to anyone ever again.
However;
Her personal redemption is on her, everyday She has to look herself in the mirror and understand what She has done to ruin her life. I really am totally unconcerned about her redemption and feel a "Life Sentence" should be just that.

The only thing she has done with her time is learn how to play a role.

Sociopaths and psychopaths don't concern themselves with what they do or who they have hurt.

If she ever takes the time to even think about her victims, it's probably a mix of excitement at what she has done that most will never understand and amusement at having finally conned the system. If she actually feels anything, she probably feels she is somehow owed for all the time taken from her.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
07-21-23, 07:59
The only thing she has done with her time is learn how to play a role.

Sociopaths and psychopaths don't concern themselves with what they do or who they have hurt.

If she ever takes the time to even think about her victims, it's probably a mix of excitement at what she has done that most will never understand and amusement at having finally conned the system. If she actually feels anything, she probably feels she is somehow owed for all the time taken from her.

Agreed, I think she has practiced exactly what to say in regards to accountability over the years. When you have been fed a script that will lead to release, you rehearse it constantly.

utahjeepr
07-22-23, 06:58
However;

When my grandfather was released from prison (murder) he was so old and infirm that he couldn't have harmed anyone if he tried. He was basically blind, could barely walk, and had trouble lifting more than half a sandwich or half a cup of coffee to his mouth. I'm pretty well convinced they let him out cause it was costing too much to take care of his ass.

He spent about half a year bouncing between our house and the hospital before he assumed room temp and transferred into subterranean housing.

I'm ok with that model, Van Houten is too early.

FWIW, I was 10 and didn't know squat about the circumstances at the time. Just that "Grampa is coming to live with us."

SteyrAUG
07-22-23, 15:31
I'm ok with that model, Van Houten is too early.

She deserves to die in a cell...alone. With no family or friends for support.

jsbhike
07-22-23, 15:45
FWIW, she has seemed to age well which(at least in my opinion) points toward no remorse.

utahjeepr
07-22-23, 17:13
She deserves to die in a cell...alone. With no family or friends for support.

That would have been my first choice as well.

SteyrAUG
07-22-23, 18:11
FWIW, she has seemed to age well which(at least in my opinion) points toward no remorse.

She was probably a big deal in jail, she will be a bigger celebrity now. And while the death penalty might not be a real world deterrent, releasing Van Houten will definitely embolden anyone who see's her as some kind of counter culture hero.

Her actions were no different than those of somebody like Karla Faye Tucker.