recon
07-12-23, 00:11
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXVVDbfu9Tw&t=3s

MarshallDodge
07-12-23, 00:31
The bore Axis looks low.

nick84
07-12-23, 00:35
But.....how will I know where to grip it?!?

Anyways, jokes aside, between the prodigy and this it looks like they're at least trying to deliver what the market wants. If they can do it with some level of QC, that might finally change their "entry level acceptable, meme for everyone else" status.

Sam
07-12-23, 06:30
Glock and Sig 320 had a baby = Springfield Echelon :)

Does it come in G19 size? LOL Price?

mark5pt56
07-12-23, 06:33
Will be the number one call to the local shop from Jim-bob--"got the new gun in yet?" -uhh, which one, "the new 9mm"---ok--?

VIP3R 237
07-12-23, 07:21
I had the opportunity to shoot it Sunday and I’ll admit I’m quite impressed. The trigger is fantastic, it’s very flat shooting, everything about it is well thought out. If the quality control is there, then I feel like a Springfield has a winner.

markm
07-12-23, 08:03
Absolutely nothing innovative, and MORE investment in the NON-standard, SHITTY Optics mounting methods.

Might be a decent pistol, but just some more "meh" at first glance

The Dumb Gun Collector
07-12-23, 08:47
Seems nice. That’s a tough market though. There are so many competitors out there. From market dominant guns like the 320 to cult (and in my mind superior)guns like the apx. I think I would put 5 mags in the box and a good kydex owb holster ( with a coupon for lefties). Something to give the end user a reason to buy this over something else.

.45fan
07-12-23, 09:21
If after a year or two I read that it isn't a problematic gun, I'll try one.
I'm done being their guinea pig for new model guns.

markm
07-12-23, 09:23
Seems nice. That’s a tough market though. There are so many competitors out there.

Agreed. This is one where if you're interested, you wait for the potential recalls/bugs to pass before buying.

I wish a gun maker with "weight" would partner with an optics company with "weight" and come up with a mounting solution that would force everyone to follow.

Ron3
07-12-23, 10:00
What's the problem with the optic mounting?

This looks like direct mounting, no plates.

Is it because there isn't enough contact between the two and the screws are bearing shearing forces?

Ron3
07-12-23, 10:15
I have an XDM-E Compact .45 with an optic that has done very well.

I got it because reloading (and finding my cases on the ground) .45 is easier than some others and wanted something more powerful than 9mm. (For when I'm willing to carry a larger pistol)

But then I read 3 instances (out of tens of thousands of gun guns with this trigger I suppose) of the trigger safety breaking, making the gun useless. (Trigger dingus breaks at its hinge and you cannot disengage it thus you can't pull the trigger)

And there are a few, mostly older reports of the grip safety failing.

I stopped carrying it because of that trigger breakage issue. It's too bad because the gun eats my LFN reloads just fine and is very soft-shooting. Accurate and reliable, too.

I keep shooting it waiting for something to break but it runs and runs.

But if the trigger can break at any time, well that's a nightmare in a nightmare.

Really preferring DA/SA I got a PX4 .45. But I don't care for it.

I've been carrying a 92X and now am putting together a 96A1.

markm
07-12-23, 10:48
What's the problem with the optic mounting?

This looks like direct mounting, no plates.

Is it because there isn't enough contact between the two and the screws are bearing shearing forces?

The biggest ass ache in my experience is the fasteners coming loose. The non standard thread pitches on the non standard fastener sizes is also a pain in the ass.

gaijin
07-12-23, 11:07
Just
Another
Mediocre
Stryker gun. Hard pass.

markm
07-12-23, 13:51
That's it. I mean... It might be nice, but now you have a whole new set of holsters and mags to supply yourself with. Low bore axis would be huge if we still shot 40 or 45, but it's less critical in the womens division.

ViniVidivici
07-12-23, 15:08
From what little I can tell from here, it's a day late and a dollar short.

Nothing special. I'd say direct optic mount (if it's RMR pattern, most common) is far better than stupid Glock MOS or any setup requiring plates.

But we Glocksters get around that with the plethora of high quality inexpensive aftermarket slides out there.

This gun would've been a hit 10 years ago. Damn Springfield, catch up.

markm
07-12-23, 15:40
I looked at it from a Brownells link I got. Not a bad looking pistol. I mean, I'd try one if I KNEW there'd be NO Safety or Quality issues with certainty. But that's a high expectation in today's world of corner cutting and half assery in production.

Sam
07-12-23, 15:55
Brownells and Palmetto's price is $640, Bud's price is $600.

JediGuy
07-12-23, 18:04
The intro was cringy and the voice drove me up a wall, but mostly I want to see if the QC and design is better than the recent disaster that was the Prodigy.

Pappabear
07-12-23, 18:41
At first glance I think they are trying to do some good things.
Direct mounting of all optics
Low Bore axis
Oh shit that is kinda short list.

But if they figure QC, make decent mags then for a first time user it might be OK. Its just so hard to come into this market with HK, Glock, Sig.. so well established why would you buy this gun over a VP9, or G19 or one of those cheap C2 Stacatto's I am so fond of carrying.

PB

Slater
07-12-23, 18:45
Curious to see if it gets any traction in a market awash in polymer-framed striker fired 9mm's. Some seem to drop off the radar fairly quickly (Walther PPX/Creed, Ruger American Pistol, etc.).

recon
07-12-23, 19:27
Brownells and Palmetto's price is $640, Bud's price is $600.

KYGUNCO-$589.99-Free shipping.

https://www.kygunco.com/product/234235?utm_source=KyGunCo%20Marketing&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=Springfield%20Echelon

ViniVidivici
07-13-23, 00:33
That price point's not helping at ALL....

markm
07-13-23, 08:56
That price point's not helping at ALL....

Yeah. You can get a well known/proven striker fired gun for that money. They should squeeze a slice of the market on price for a period, then raise it if they get a following.

Sooter76
07-14-23, 19:37
Absolutely nothing innovative, and MORE investment in the NON-standard, SHITTY Optics mounting methods.

Might be a decent pistol, but just some more "meh" at first glance

…Wut!?

Sooter76
07-14-23, 19:45
…why would you buy this gun over a VP9, or G19 or one of those cheap C2 Stacatto's I am so fond of carrying.

PB

Because on paper it’s nearly perfect. Low bore axis, stippling everywhere you’d want it with accelerator thumb pads, night sights out of the box, direct RDS mount to the slide, adjustable grip with back straps, and deep serrations… I’m sure once it was in my hands I’d find something to modify, but on paper it’s basically everything I’d want out of the box.

.45fan
07-14-23, 20:17
Even if there were one footprint for optics, cheap sell out gun owners would still whine about it.

The shop that does my milling doesn't have issues with fasteners because they mill bosses into the slide then use larger fasteners.
The problem is the cheapskate gun owners won't pay for good work.

I've been using RDS on guns since 2015 and I laugh at all the posts of cheap asses buying Chinese garbage then whining even more when the trash breaks. Then the bitching about the mounting is also hilarious.

There are numerous different cuts because gun owners are cheap, they want one slide to fit 37 different optics yet aren't bright enough to realize the one size fits all is just like a hooker the day after the Superbowl, all that slop with no bosses means the fasteners are taking the hit.

jsbhike
07-14-23, 20:33
Looks fairly interesting.

https://youtu.be/NlMGdeMdzfc

Gary1911A1
07-15-23, 06:02
I like the Honest Outlaw reviews.
https://youtu.be/jkYoqHiTWFI

DoubleW
07-15-23, 07:27
More mediocre Croatian garbage. This gun probably won’t even exist in 5 years.

markm
07-15-23, 08:17
Even if there were one footprint for optics, cheap sell out gun owners would still whine about it.

The shop that does my milling doesn't have issues with fasteners because they mill bosses into the slide then use larger fasteners.
The problem is the cheapskate gun owners won't pay for good work.

I get what you're saying, but why should you have to take it in the ass to get the thing on correctly? I mean... I don't have to pay up money and wait days to put an RDS on my AR. Pistol CAN and SHOULD be no different.

markm
07-15-23, 08:18
Because on paper it’s nearly perfect. Low bore axis, stippling everywhere you’d want it with accelerator thumb pads, night sights out of the box, direct RDS mount to the slide, adjustable grip with back straps, and deep serrations… I’m sure once it was in my hands I’d find something to modify, but on paper it’s basically everything I’d want out of the box.

I'd like to have a 9mm pistol. If I could be out the door on one of these for like $550, I'd roll the dice on one.

.45fan
07-15-23, 09:43
I get what you're saying, but why should you have to take it in the ass to get the thing on correctly? I mean... I don't have to pay up money and wait days to put an RDS on my AR. Pistol CAN and SHOULD be no different.

You have to wait because there only a small number of places that do it correctly.
The shop I use, you send the slide and optic, they measure the optic and cut the hole to an exact fit. I live close enough that I email them asking when I can bring the slide/optic in and they give me an appointment, I go and they cut it while I wait then back home. Not everyone has that luck since there are not shops doing that work in every city, but most will allow what I described above, you can use a next day package service each way and it won't be out of your hands more than two or three days.
Until China started mass producing RDS there were only a couple footprints, so we should blame the sell outs that are financially supporting that problem.

I've switched out one optic from a first gen RMR to a type 2 RMR just because that was my EDC and auto adj wasn't working with a weapon light.

The new optic fit right in and it took me less than 10 minutes to find the tools, swap the optic and then tighten the new optic to 12" #, then put the tools away.
The type 1 went on the competition gun and is on it's 8th season here in Michigan.

If there is a "oh man I got to have this new optic" I'll sell the current slide/optic to a cheapskate and buy new.

Also I swap out the fasteners every other year during battery changes (which see above for the time that takes.) Grainger sells them so it's easy to do.

jsbhike
07-15-23, 10:33
More mediocre Croatian garbage. This gun probably won’t even exist in 5 years.

Based on the HS2000 being in production and use since 1999?

Tokarev
07-16-23, 20:57
$619 out the door. About $50 more than I was hoping to pay but then I wouldn't be able to flex here on the forums.

The gun is about what you'd expect from a duty-type handgun in 2023. Good grip texture. Good trigger. Modular/chassis system. Trigger-less take down and dot ready.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230717/2005c6666511bcb1e43c504e0bb90061.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

markm
07-17-23, 09:23
Cool. I'd like to shoot one.

Tokarev
07-17-23, 09:36
I'd say it is an interesting mix of several design elements from other guns but nothing super revolutionary. A person who isn't happy with Glock/SIG/S&W/etc for whatever reason may find what they want in the Echelon. Those happy with guns from these companies won't see much from this new firearm.

C-grunt
07-17-23, 13:20
It's a very interesting gun. I think the chassis trigger pack is going to become more popular. It makes a lot of sense logistically and for user customization. The universal mounting system is pretty cool. I bet in a few years someone else will find a better/easier way to do it. If this thing proves reliable, I think they have a winner on their hands.

Tokarev
07-18-23, 06:33
https://youtu.be/8jQ2upIMoeI

Adrenaline_6
07-18-23, 08:42

Agreed. An expensive custom solution to make it fit right without a plate is straight up stupid and ass backward. That is not how things should be done. Like you said, if it can be work for an AR it can work for a pistol. A universal 3 boss system can easily be decided on. After that, the fastener configuration or footprint doesn't really matter.

markm
07-18-23, 10:11
Agreed. An expensive custom solution to make it fit right without a plate is straight up stupid and ass backward.

That's the American mentality. Throw some shit out there... But if you want it right?? Oh no... That's going to cost you WAY MORE!

.45fan
07-18-23, 16:54
I spent $150 8 years ago to have my slide milled with bosses to keep it secure, while others are whining about cost, I'm out shooting.

As to throwing money away, at this point it has cost me roughly $18 a year to have it done correctly. How is that wrong?

Most of the one size fits all cost about $100 more than non optics ready so in essance folks are whining over $50, that is sad. If we look at it that way, I wasted less than $7 a year, to have a better setup that has kept Americans working and me shooting.

As I've said over and over, gun owners are one of the cheapest groups of people on the planet.

markm
07-18-23, 16:59
I spent $150 8 years ago to have my slide milled with bosses to keep it secure, while others are whining about cost, I'm out shooting.

As to throwing money away, at this point it has cost me roughly $18 a year to have it done correctly. How is that wrong?

It's not wrong at all. If I carried a gun with an RDS, you're damned right I'd figure out a way to the the dot on right. The issue is that the off the shelf mounting options are unacceptable and fragile at best.

The typical American half ass solution wasn't good enough for you, and it wouldn't be acceptable for me either. I applaud you for doing it right.

.45fan
07-18-23, 17:18
It's not wrong at all. If I carried a gun with an RDS, you're damned right I'd figure out a way to the the dot on right. The issue is that the off the shelf mounting options are unacceptable and fragile at best.

The typical American half ass solution wasn't good enough for you, and it wouldn't be acceptable for me either. I applaud you for doing it right.I'm fortunate enough to have one of the best shops that do the milling the right way close by and the owner is a friend.

That's how I ended up being late to the game.
I had my gun built in 2015 but a ciuoje friends and two family members had their done a couple years earlier so I tried out different setups and the only thing I've changed since day one is the optic on my EDC.
I went from an RM01 to an RM06 (auto adjust to manual adjust) everything else has worked fine and I had a competition gun built that the only difference from my edc is the finish color (so I know which is which) and the competition gun wears the auto adjust optic I had on the EDC originally.

I still see the folks buying the one size fits all cuts because they are pennies cheaper.
There was a guy watching and asking questions at a match earlier this year, most if the guys that day had their guns built at the shop I use so we told him that would be his best bet.

He cheaped out and bought a ready to go gun because he didn't want to listen to what everyone was telling him. Every time he had issues we all just walk past him and refuse to help since he knows more than everyone else. He comes in last place every month.

We suggested an instructor to him and he said he doesn't need any instructor. So that's another reason he gets ignored, he can't follow simple directions.

markm
07-19-23, 08:55
he can't follow simple directions.

That's very common. People who listen are the exception.... not just in shooting.

Tokarev
07-21-23, 14:17
Somebody named Taran talks about the Echelon...

https://youtu.be/T-R5ivnscls

BuzzinSATX
07-21-23, 15:08
I’m in for a 12-13 round 10MM in compact frame…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JediGuy
07-22-23, 05:34
Thanks for sharing Taran’s take. Doesn’t look bad.

So is it actually a semi-clone of Glock?

Slater
07-22-23, 10:32
Over the decades I've seen various "Glock killers" come and go, yet Glock is still around and seems to be doing well.

Tokarev
07-22-23, 10:41
Over the decades I've seen various "Glock killers" come and go, yet Glock is still around and seems to be doing well.

So are many of the so-called Glock Killers. The 320 comes to mind as a quite successful handgun. Shadow Systems and ZEV also come to mind albeit in a smaller niche market.

Plenty of room for all in the polymer frame handgun market.

Sam
07-22-23, 12:56
Saw one at the local high end gun store. They're known for asking full MSRP, so the tag was $689. It felt really good, the grip is comfortable, not like a 2x4, the texture was secure but not overly abrasive for my girly hand. The trigger pull is what you operators call "spongy", it's similar to the feel of the Beretta APX, I don't mind it. I will get one when they release the compact frame.

As for Glock killers, I've escaped that austrian plantation a long time ago. Went to M&P and Beretta 92 series at least 15 years ago, never looked back.

Slater
07-22-23, 14:27
By all accounts it looks like Springfield has a winner. Wonder if HS Produkt in Croatia was 100% responsible for the design or if Springfield had some input?

Tokarev
07-22-23, 14:36
Wonder if...Springfield had some input?

https://youtu.be/uKBQLuqJbSM

Slater
07-22-23, 18:06
So are many of the so-called Glock Killers. The 320 comes to mind as a quite successful handgun. Shadow Systems and ZEV also come to mind albeit in a smaller niche market.

Plenty of room for all in the polymer frame handgun market.

In terms of the military's XM17 contract, the P320 actually did turn out to be a "Glock killer". Glock did, however, sell over 100,000 G19X's in six months. So they probably recouped their XM17 participation expenses and then some.

I hope the Echelon is solid and well thought out to the extent that it's recall-proof.

Tokarev
07-24-23, 05:27
https://youtu.be/tXD1Ld7UUqw

robbins290
07-24-23, 05:47
Thanks for sharing Taran’s take. Doesn’t look bad.

So is it actually a semi-clone of Glock?

From what i seen, more of a P320 clone. The chassis looks identical to the P320's.

Tokarev
07-24-23, 05:54
From what i seen, more of a P320 clone. The chassis looks identical to the P320's.

Actually a clone of neither Glock nor 320. The gun does take some design features and styling points from both but is not directly copied from either.

mark5pt56
07-24-23, 06:55
After watching the video's and handling one, I have to say they did their homework and it looks promising. This comes from a Glock Knucklehead.

robbins290
07-24-23, 07:39
After watching the video's and handling one, I have to say they did their homework and it looks promising. This comes from a Glock Knucklehead.

Idk man. That chassis is almost identical to the 320 in almost every way. Sure the slide and grip module is different. It might have incorporated some glock features. But it is totally a 320 clone with slight mods. Chassis set up exactly like a 320.

Hell, even has some vp9 feature in it.

mark5pt56
07-24-23, 07:49
I was on the 320 bandwagon for a short ride, don't see it any longer.

07-24-23, 08:54
The 320’s chassis features were copied from a different gun. Steyr, I think?

Tokarev
07-24-23, 09:39
The chassis is similar in appearance but is not copied from the 320.

Sam
07-24-23, 12:54
Now they have released a pair of bolt action .22 rifles.

rrich1
07-25-23, 04:47
Not going to lie. I'm salty safariland already has holster support for this gun when they don't have jack for the pdp.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Texaspoff
07-25-23, 09:11
Not going to lie. I'm salty safariland already has holster support for this gun when they don't have jack for the pdp.

That's on Walther. Springfield has been in contact with Safariland for almost a year about the Echelon and duty holster options. Wining a dining the leading LE holster manufacturer is a good place to start if you want to get your product in the hands of LE and it appears Walther didn't make much of an effort.

TXPO

Texaspoff
07-25-23, 09:15
Idk man. That chassis is almost identical to the 320 in almost every way. Sure the slide and grip module is different. It might have incorporated some glock features. But it is totally a 320 clone with slight mods. Chassis set up exactly like a 320.

Hell, even has some vp9 feature in it.

The only thing they have in common with the 320 is the chassis system, and as another poster said, Sig used the idea from Styer. Beretta's APX also uses a chassis system. There is only so much you can do design variance wise with a chassis system. They are all going to look very similar. One could say the same thing about the Browning tilt barrel design, which is in just about every pistol out there and looks the almost the same as well.

Chassis systems pistols IMO are going to become more common moving forward. Building one fire control system that can fit and/or utilize different frame, and slide sizes and designs require less R&D increasing profit margins. Plus it allows for more options as far as aftermarket support. There is a third party manufacturer already prototyping frames for the Echelon.

The Echelon has the recipet to become the next big thing if Springfield plays their cards right, and nothing crazy pops up with it, failures or design flaws.

TXPO

Tokarev
07-25-23, 09:16
That's on Walther. Springfield has been in contact with Safariland for almost a year about the Echelon and duty holster options. Wining a dining the leading LE holster manufacturer is a good place to start if you want to get your product in the hands of LE and it appears Walther didn't make much of an effort.

TXPO

Frankly more manufacturers should be doing this. Partner immediately with Safariland, Blackhawk, US Duty Gear and have stuff ready to go at or near time of public release. Same goes for UTM or FX conversions, etc.

Tokarev
07-25-23, 09:18
The only thing they have in common with the 320 is the chassis system, and as another poster said, Sig used the idea from Styer. Beretta and the APX uses a chassis system also. Chassis systems pistols are going to become more common moving forward.

TXPO

The Ruger American is a chassis gun too. But Ruger completely missed the overall concept by building the compact and full size guns on different formats. Also not following through with different color/size grip modules was another mistake.

markm
07-25-23, 11:45
The Echelon has the recipet to become the next big thing if Springfield plays their cards right, and nothing crazy pops up with it, failures or design flaws.

I agree. And by playing their cards right, I think they'd be wise to sell at a lower price for a period to build following, get holster makers ramping up, etc.

Tokarev
07-25-23, 11:57
I agree. And by playing their cards right, I think they'd be wise to sell at a lower price for a period to build following, get holster makers ramping up, etc.

Prices on gunbroker.com are already coming down a bit. LE price is rumored to be just under $500 too.

Mags and grip modules also need to come down. Mags at $27 or so should help prompt buyers. Grip modules will probably need to be about $40 to get this thing to really catch on.

Texaspoff
07-25-23, 12:18
The Ruger American is a chassis gun too. But Ruger completely missed the overall concept by building the compact and full size guns on different formats. Also not following through with different color/size grip modules was another mistake.

I didn't know that as I looked at it once, and never thought twice about it. :)

TXPO

markm
07-25-23, 13:05
Prices on gunbroker.com are already coming down a bit. LE price is rumored to be just under $500 too.

I'm going to watch this pistol for a minute. I don't have a 9mm, but I've been loading some 9mm ammo for/with my son lately so it's giving me the pistol itch.

Tokarev
07-25-23, 13:14
I didn't know that as I looked at it once, and never thought twice about it. :)

TXPO

The American was built to what Ruger's interpretation of the MHS requirements were. But I don't think the gun was ever submitted for testing. Maybe the design wasn't ready in time? Regardless, it seems after SIG got the contract Ruger gave up on the idea.

Slater
07-25-23, 15:06
The Ruger American Pistol seems to have dropped from the radar years ago. It's apparently still in production so someone's buying them.

JediGuy
07-26-23, 07:25

That was a “selling point” of the PDP when it rolled out. Supposedly they had worked with holster manufacturers well in advance so they would be ready to go.

rrich1
07-27-23, 05:25
That was a “selling point” of the PDP when it rolled out. Supposedly they had worked with holster manufacturers well in advance so they would be ready to go.Ya. I'm pretty sure safariland has a spot on Walther's holster page but nothing ever came of it. Oh well. Got a modified holster from rdr gear and then modified my own. Problem solved.

Tokarev
07-27-23, 05:32
RDR Gear is (or will soon be) offering modified holsters for the Echelon. Safariland is taking orders for holsters now. These should ship sometime in August.

The Echelon will fit into a Blackhawk T-Series meant for a Glock and TLR-1 light but it is tight. I assume it wouldn't take much to identify the main areas of friction and sand these down to get a better fit.

There's also a duty holster shown on the Springfield website. IIRC it is made by Comp-Tac.

markm
07-27-23, 08:55
Good thing I never go into gun stores. If I saw one of these, I might be tempted to buy.

Slater
07-27-23, 16:54
Wonder if the Echelon will find it's way into military use somewhere around the globe?

SpecWired
08-06-23, 12:50
Looks interesting, but I am hesitant to be a beta tester for an all new design. Almost 20 years ago I ran out and purchased an XD based upon positive press and it was a terrible product. I've been cautious about all new designs ever since.

Tokarev
08-06-23, 13:08
https://youtu.be/G3dVZQ4gLQ0

Slater
08-08-23, 19:15
Looks like it should pass NATO acceptance testing.

C-grunt
08-08-23, 19:18
https://youtu.be/G3dVZQ4gLQ0

His full video on the RCR is pretty impressive. The Springfield appears to do really well throughout the video as well.

markm
08-08-23, 20:31
The one thingy that sux is the gun only comes with 2 clips. Not a major issue, but 3 standard cap 17 rounders should be standard.

kerplode
08-08-23, 21:01
Agreed. Springfield is stingy with mags...Maybe they'll do a "Gear Up" bundle at some point, though.

Tokarev
08-08-23, 21:44
The one thingy that sux is the gun only comes with 2 clips. Not a major issue, but 3 standard cap 17 rounders should be standard.Blue Shield or whatever they call the LE sales program comes with three mags I believe.

markm
08-08-23, 23:15
Agreed. Springfield is stingy with mags...Maybe they'll do a "Gear Up" bundle at some point, though.

Yeah. I mean MINIMUM you're looking at one extra mag and a new holster. You're at $750 just to shoot irons. That's not the end of the world, but a little bit of a sting for an unproven striker pistol.

Tokarev
08-12-23, 08:45
Yeah. I mean MINIMUM you're looking at one extra mag and a new holster. You're at $750 just to shoot irons. That's not the end of the world, but a little bit of a sting for an unproven striker pistol.Prices seem to be coming down. I have seen a couple pistols sell for under $500 on gunbroker. Mags are available for $30-ish also.

Stickman
08-12-23, 11:42

An intro street price of $499 would have swept the market.

markm
08-12-23, 19:32
At least throw in a free tournaquit to seal the deal! :lol:

Texaspoff
08-14-23, 07:25
An intro street price of $499 would have swept the market.

I believe they may have decided to do that now since the prices are coming down. They have multiple version being released, and I suspect that have been paying close attention to market demand, and I know for a fact they have been listening to LE agencies information requests and their feedback on it.

As of right now, it seems as though they may be preparing to take a full speed run pushing the Echelon for some contracts.

TXPO

Tokarev
08-14-23, 07:30
...take a full speed run pushing the Echelon...contracts...

Timing seems good with the various reports of 320s spontaneously discharging and/or exploding.

Adrenaline_6
08-14-23, 08:15
You just gotta wait for the prices to come down. Way back when the P-10C came out, I said it would eventually be in the low $400's. Some said no way. I saw them below that. The PDP was the same way. It debuted at a higher street price than the Echelon. Now they can be had in the mid $500's on sale.

If they are debuting at $599, they will at least be in the high $300's, low $400'S in a few years. Just takes time. Although do to circumstances, maybe sooner than that.

Especially now that consumer spending is at it's lowest in a long time. Prices will be crashing soon. Deflationary times ahead.

Tokarev
08-20-23, 20:10
https://youtu.be/6j6aDEg7ZwA

mark5pt56
08-21-23, 06:55
Well, pretty impressive! Safe to say that it's drop safe----

Vgex2
08-21-23, 07:38
...Safe to say that it's drop safe---- Sig user: "Is that some kind of personal attack?" LMAO.

EzGoingKev
08-26-23, 15:14
TFB put on through a Thunder Ranch course -

https://youtu.be/JmjfoeLfICg?feature=shared

It looks like the pistol itself is good to go but this is the second review I have seen with the magazine's base plate coming off.

Tokarev
08-26-23, 15:30
this is the second review I have seen with the magazine's base plate coming off.

He does admit the base plate was incorrectly installed. I wonder if that may have damaged it so that it would no longer work properly even when correctly installed. Also, no reports yet of 17rd mags coming apart that I've seen. If it is a failure in design of the +3 plate it shouldn't be too hard to fix. Make it out of aluminum or a more durable plastic, etc.

Sam
08-26-23, 15:56
Some local fool put one for sale for a whopping $800 !!

Tokarev
08-26-23, 15:58
https://youtu.be/TukeKxaFgo0?si=9rp0mxu5jXuCG1Pt

Tokarev
09-22-23, 18:26
CHPWS is now selling dedicated plates for the Echelon. It looks like these plates have male pegs and fit into the female recesses in the slide. In the case of an optic like the Holosun EPS it looks like the adapter plate would fill the large gaps in front and behind the optic and look for finished on the slide. But I assume the tradeoff would be at the addition of a little height.

https://chpws.com/product-category/red-dot-apater-plates/?utm_source=remarkety&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Echelon%20Plate%20091923&utm_content=&CHPWS=1&pa_model=echelon&really_curr_tax=382-product_cat&_rmId=Mero7rwKNKsbVepGjKrBUORxNw8o7JHnxMb

SpecWired
09-24-23, 11:07
Just picked up a Glock G45 so I am not in the market currently. However, the Echelon gets more interesting daily.

Chief_Wiggum
10-19-23, 16:35
Has anyone heard anything about different grip modules being available yet? Something like a compact or subcompact?

Tokarev
10-19-23, 16:37
Has anyone heard anything about different grip modules being available yet? Something like a compact or subcompact?Nothing other than size and texture options. SA kind of is missing the ball here. Some of these items should have been available within a short time of launch.

Chief_Wiggum
10-19-23, 18:59
Agreed. I would have figured the G19 size compact frame/slide option would have been available immediately and would have been the most popular.

Screwball
10-20-23, 07:57
I haven’t messed with mine, other than put some rounds thru it… as I’ve been busy with other projects. But holding out to see the support this gets. Wanted a chassis pistol to mess around with.

Perfect scenario… Flux Raider for the Echelon. I’d SBR that chassis just for fun.

.45fan
10-20-23, 08:09
Is this one made over seas like the XD lines or did SA finally decide to make a gun on their own?

If over seas that might be why people are upset at accessories missing from the market.

Importing many products hasn't overcome Covid then union strike delays yet.

jackblack73
10-20-23, 13:43
Is this one made over seas like the XD lines or did SA finally decide to make a gun on their own?

If over seas that might be why people are upset at accessories missing from the market.

Importing many products hasn't overcome Covid then union strike delays yet.

From what I’ve read, they worked with HS to develop it. As opposed to just rebranding an already existing HS gun.

.45fan
10-20-23, 14:10
From what I’ve read, they worked with HS to develop it. As opposed to just rebranding an already existing HS gun.From my understanding they did that with the XDm, XDe, XDs and Hellfire also but all those are made in Croatia, so the import issues I mentioned above could be an issue with accessories also. I was asking if SA is actually making/producing their own gun here in the states which would eliminate import issues or if its another import.

Sorry if my wording wasn't correct.

Screwball
10-20-23, 20:32
From my understanding they did that with the XDm, XDe, XDs and Hellfire also but all those are made in Croatia, so the import issues I mentioned above could be an issue with accessories also. I was asking if SA is actually making/producing their own gun here in the states which would eliminate import issues or if its another import.

Sorry if my wording wasn't correct.

No… it’s a Croatian gun.

HS actually went a little further and put both their and SA’s name/location on the slide. They moved to that so the same gun can be sold in the US and Croatian (and other countries). This is different from HS2000/XD or VHS-2/Hellion.

.45fan
10-20-23, 20:43
No… it’s a Croatian gun.

HS actually went a little further and put both their and SA’s name/location on the slide. They moved to that so the same gun can be sold in the US and Croatian (and other countries). This is different from HS2000/XD or VHS-2/Hellion.Thank you.

Screwball
10-20-23, 20:54
No problem.

To expand on that… should be easier to import frames/pistol slides/magazines than the complete gun. That sort of was the domestic argument with the P320, and why I wish CBP went with a chassis design instead of the Glocks.

I’ve never seen pictures of a different Echelon than a full size, so leaning towards they are still designing them. If I could get a 34 like slide and then a subcompact set, I’d probably be good… obviously after I test the smaller gun in hand. Then… Flux Raider. [emoji41]

C-grunt
10-20-23, 22:56
I'm definitely seeing it more. I went to 2 gun stores this week to get some side by side hands on a Beretta and a CZ. Both stores had several different models of the Echelon on hand. By different models I mean, night sights, u-notch rear sight, and a threaded barrel model. Pricing was in the upper 500 to low 600.

One gun stores website shows different frames for sale but they are just medium and large sized full size (17 round) frames.