PDA

View Full Version : Cool discrete places to hide your truck hand gun ????

Pappabear
07-12-23, 18:47
I like the heavy duty magnets that go right under the drivers side steering wheel but have never mounted one.

I have kept a gun in the passengers side seat back pouch off and on. My car has been broken into and it was never discovered. It is easy to reach over and grab it (depending on the vehicle).

Any other good ideas fellas?

PB

Hush
07-12-23, 18:54
Well I guess it depends where you live, what make model and color truck you have, and what kind of gun you're going to keep in it.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

SteyrAUG
07-13-23, 00:37
Best setups I've seen are basic gun vaults under the drivers seat and bolted to the floor. These work especially well of the seats can be lifted forward to ease installation.

Anyplace you can "think" to hide a firearm, any experienced criminal is going to check. Time and difficulty are the deterrents.

robbins290
07-13-23, 04:59
I have a newer nissan frontier. I keep guns underneath the back seats. Its not the fastest as you have to take your hands off the wheel and not be rolling. But can hide a full size ar15 carbine. And you cant even tell they fold up with compartments underneath them.

I am not to concerned for quick access as i always some kind of handgun on my hip.

1986s4
07-18-23, 10:11
My old Toyota FJ had a plastic hatch that gave access to the tool kit and jack handles. Kinda hidden in plain sight. But real bad guys know where to look.

Pappabear
07-18-23, 11:54
My old Toyota FJ had a plastic hatch that gave access to the tool kit and jack handles. Kinda hidden in plain sight. But real bad guys know where to look.

Hidden in plain sight can work. Many tweekers are just busting in and grabbing. Not exactly educated thieves, Just junkies looking for $30 for a fix. So a little cover can go a long way.

Real smart thieves are leaving with the car in AZ.

PB

1986s4
07-18-23, 12:20
Hidden in plain sight can work. Many tweekers are just busting in and grabbing. Not exactly educated thieves, Just junkies looking for $30 for a fix. So a little cover can go a long way.

Real smart thieves are leaving with the car in AZ.

PB

Yep, some years ago I made the mistake of leaving my Volvo wagon parked in Philly. A nearby rock "opened" the window easily. They got the ashtray change... and the ashtray, the partially knit sweater my wife was in the process of knitting me and a bag with some bananas .... Probably enough to score a baggie of crack.

07-18-23, 15:28
In my waistband. I try not to be separated from a weapon. When I’m driving there’s a notch in the center console next to the e-brake that fits a G19 perfectly.

gaijin
07-18-23, 15:50
AIWB with seatbelt behind grip, shirttail concealing- while driving.
Quick access.
Used to carry .300 Blk Pistol behind front seat, covered with coat/hoodies. Gave up on that after Brace fiasco.

davidjinks
07-23-23, 16:16
Prison pocket is the ONLY answer!

I like the heavy duty magnets that go right under the drivers side steering wheel but have never mounted one.

I have kept a gun in the passengers side seat back pouch off and on. My car has been broken into and it was never discovered. It is easy to reach over and grab it (depending on the vehicle).

Any other good ideas fellas?

PB

SteyrAUG
07-23-23, 17:58
In my waistband. I try not to be separated from a weapon. When I’m driving there’s a notch in the center console next to the e-brake that fits a G19 perfectly.

I tend to agree. I knew too many people in Florida who lost guns because somebody broke out their window and spent 90 seconds ripping through their car. My car carry rig is my regular carry rig.

I know people who can't carry on the job, so they unholster at work and have some kind of discrete safe in their vehicle. It's better than nothing and they make a point of not announcing to everyone that they carry regularly.

DaBigBR
07-24-23, 05:02
"My car got broken into and they didn't find my gun" is a better example of current complacency than past success.

1986s4
07-25-23, 10:09
I think a dedicated auto safe would be the only acceptable place to hide a firearm in the car. Mine stays with me at all times. Many cars may have a place that one could use in a pinch but it's really not a good idea and should be avoided if at all possible. I can't think of any place to reasonably hide a firearm in my current ride, a Honda Civic.

glocktogo
07-25-23, 15:11
This is pretty slick BUT, if they figure out it's a safe, they can just remove the safe and gun together. If it had a way to lock it into the seatback, it would probably be worth it.

https://www.theheadrestsafe.com/

SteyrAUG
07-25-23, 17:24
This is pretty slick BUT, if they figure out it's a safe, they can just remove the safe and gun together. If it had a way to lock it into the seatback, it would probably be worth it.

Check out setups like Bulldog.

https://www.amazon.com/Bulldog-Cases-Bd1150-safe-Black/dp/B007GH4STO/ref=sr_1_3?hvadid=410016333514&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9017876&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=7684926156502393805&hvtargid=kwd-33960183997&hydadcr=9380_11541651&keywords=bulldog+car+safe&qid=1690323805&sr=8-3

26 Inf
07-25-23, 20:27

From the FAQ's:

Is the Headrest Safe™ secure?

Yes, The Headrest Safe™ locks into place with a toggle bolt that deploys when inserted into the seat

Not enough photos or video for me to determine if the door is recessed or has folded edges to preclude a simple prybar/screwdriver attack - it doesn't look that secure.

I have a console vault which is actually pretty handy. Problem with most of these things is give a guy with some tools ten minutes and he's got your stuff.

glocktogo
07-25-23, 23:51
Check out setups like Bulldog.

https://www.amazon.com/Bulldog-Cases-Bd1150-safe-Black/dp/B007GH4STO/ref=sr_1_3?hvadid=410016333514&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9017876&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=7684926156502393805&hvtargid=kwd-33960183997&hydadcr=9380_11541651&keywords=bulldog+car+safe&qid=1690323805&sr=8-3

Yeah I’ve got a similar one cabled to the seat frame under my rear seat cubby.

yoni
07-26-23, 03:57
In my life I have never found the need for having a gun with me. Then in the blink of an eye, I find I REALLY need a gun.

So for me the gun is always on me. I may have a rifle with me but a pistol is always on my body. The rifle never stays in the truck over night. If I am going someplace that I would worry about leaving the rifle in the car, I down grade to PCC that can go in a backpack with me