PDA

View Full Version : Silencerco ASR flash hider question

Inkslinger
07-14-23, 18:58
So I went in to certify my e-form today and grab my flash hider to install. When I got home I noticed all three of the prongs were a slightly different length. The only other three prong I have is an AAC brakeout and they’re all the same length. So my question is, does Silencerco do this for any specific reason or did I get a jacked up one? I’ll try to take a good picture tomorrow and post it.

Inkslinger
07-14-23, 19:08
Tapatalk seems to not be letting me edit my post. Here is a picture I found online, so they are clearly made this way.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230715/c798b8302915665e0ba693345ed95664.jpg

Vgex2
07-14-23, 19:13
The tine length and size effect resonance, like a tuning fork. Tines too uniform in those measurements make the most annoying ping after firing or bumps. Both Silencerco and Dead Air to care to design their 3-prongs to eliminate the ping. To great affect.

Stickman
07-14-23, 19:13
Multiple lengths offsets the ring tone.

Inkslinger
07-14-23, 19:15
Interesting. Thanks fellas.

SteyrAUG
07-15-23, 03:37
The tine length and size effect resonance, like a tuning fork. Tines too uniform in those measurements make the most annoying ping after firing or bumps. Both Silencerco and Dead Air to care to design their 3-prongs to eliminate the ping. To great affect.

As a SIG owner who had a 552, I can attest to the ping.

BufordTJustice
07-23-23, 15:16
I've got multiple SiCo Trifecta FH ASR muzzle devices, and a limited edition Noveske marked BE Meyers 4-prong FH ASR mount. The equal length tines on the BE Meyers ring like a bell. The Trifectas do not ring at all.

SiCo is using destructive interference of the movement/ringing of each individual tine to cancel out the others. Other companies doing this as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk