PDA

View Full Version : Gilgo Beach/Long Island serial killer arrested (merged)

WillBrink
07-17-23, 10:05
I didn't know LI had a serial killer but I'm glad to hear they didn't let it go cold because the poor girls were "only" sex workers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIGkoP_3MkQ

Averageman
07-17-23, 10:17
I watched a special on NetFlix about a serial killer dropping bodies up and down Long Island and the surrounding area's.
So many in fact the general consensus was that more than one serial killer was active because of the sheer numbers of bodies.

ODgreenpizza
07-17-23, 12:55
The story of this investigation sounds like a plotline out of the HULU/FX show Class of '09. Also reminded me of the Kevin Costner movie Mr. Brooks. Glad they caught him.

Sam
07-17-23, 13:37
He has an arsenal of 200 guns !!!

signal4l
07-17-23, 17:11
This case seems very odd. These bodies/parts were dumped more than 10 years ago. Took a long time to arrest this guy. Got to wonder if there are more victims stashed somewhere. Hard to believe someone this twisted could just stop killing.

C-grunt
07-17-23, 19:38
This case seems very odd. These bodies/parts were dumped more than 10 years ago. Took a long time to arrest this guy. Got to wonder if there are more victims stashed somewhere. Hard to believe someone this twisted could just stop killing.

That's what I was thinking. Dude kills like 11 people in a year and then is just like "im good now"?

Averageman
07-17-23, 19:56
That's what I was thinking. Dude kills like 11 people in a year and then is just like "im good now"?

Like I mentioned that area was a hot bed of murder for young female prostitutes for over a decade.
They were strung all along the inland side of the highway and all close to water.

There was even a theory that there was more than one mass murderer and they were in some sort of competition.

Ed L.
07-19-23, 03:40
In NY State you need a permit to possess any handgun. All handguns are listed on a permit. Reports say this guy had something like 90 handguns listed on his permit. A poster on a NY gun messageboard wrote that this guy was the instructor for the poster's required handgun safety class.

Averageman
07-23-23, 09:04
I know it's odd but this stuff facinates me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRueDM7w5LU

This guy might have killed a lot of people, he's getting connected to other crimes.

jsbhike
07-24-23, 17:11
Interesting related(to what degree??) story.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12307071/gilgo-beach-murders-police-chief-james-burke.html

Averageman
07-24-23, 19:26
Interesting related(to what degree??) story.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12307071/gilgo-beach-murders-police-chief-james-burke.html

They believe he may have Murdered several of these Women in his home.

Now never mind his Wife and Kids not knowing anything about a murder or four being committed in the House.

jsbhike
07-24-23, 19:35
They believe he may have Murdered several of these Women in his home.

Now never mind his Wife and Kids not knowing anything about a murder or four being committed in the House.

The architect who just got arrested, the bad record police chief, or both?

The at home with others around and unaware during serial murders part is always baffling, but wouldn't be the first time that claim has been made. The architect appears to be a man mountain so killing and hauling a dead body around might not be a physical challenge for him.

Averageman
07-24-23, 20:25
The architect who just got arrested, the bad record police chief, or both?

The at home with others around and unaware during serial murders part is always baffling, but wouldn't be the first time that claim has been made. The architect appears to be a man mountain so killing and hauling a dead body around might not be a physical challenge for him.

The Architect who just got arrested.
You Notice that every Home around his was highly modified, or New and he was an Architect of some note in Manhatten? Yeah, I think the killings might have gone on there and I wonder if we have a crawl space akin to Gacy's ?
After you've buried so many folks on the property it's difficult to have folks over to get some work done.

jsbhike
07-24-23, 20:30
You Notice that every Home around his was highly modified, or New and he was an Architect of some note in Manhatten? Yeah, I think the killings might have gone on there and I wonder if we have a crawl space akin to Gacy's ?
After you've buried so many folks on the property it's difficult to have folks over to get some work done.

Yeah I saw pictures of the house and it sure wouldn't be what comes to mind when reading about the guy's background.

Never thought about it, but corpses strewn around the property would limit hiring work done.

glocktogo
07-25-23, 15:23

That's the age old conundrum. Do you hide the bodies on site and keep people away? Or do you move the bodies to a remote location and risk detection as you do it? :confused:

markm
07-25-23, 15:32

News made it sound like he had several properties (more than two). So he could have been killing in an empty house.

C-grunt
07-25-23, 18:45
I read initially that the girls murders also coincided with his wife's business travel dates.

flenna
07-25-23, 19:00
I watched a special on NetFlix about a serial killer dropping bodies up and down Long Island and the surrounding area's.
So many in fact the general consensus was that more than one serial killer was active because of the sheer numbers of bodies.

Statistically there are probably multiple serial killers operating in a city of 8.8 million.