PDA

View Full Version : US submarine’s visit to peninsula may warrant nuclear response, North Korea warns

tn1911
07-21-23, 18:21
https://www.stripes.com/theaters/asia_pacific/2023-07-21/north-korea-nuclear-strike-warning-10807253.html

CAMP HUMPHREYS, South Korea — The presence of a nuclear-capable U.S. ballistic missile submarine in South Korea could meet the conditions set by North Korea for a preemptive nuclear strike, according to the regime’s defense minister.

The USS Kentucky’s arrival Tuesday in Busan could trigger Pyongyang’s preemptive nuclear strike policy, Defense Minister Kang Sun-nam said in the state-run Korean Central News Agency on Thursday.

“I remind the U.S. military of the fact that the ever-increasing visibility of the deployment of the strategic nuclear submarine and other strategic assets may fall under the conditions of the use of nuclear weapons specified in [North Korea’s] law …,” Kang said in an article posted online by KCNA. “[North Korea’s] doctrine on the use of nuclear weapons allows the execution of necessary action procedures in case a nuclear attack is launched against it, or it is judged that the use of nuclear weapons against it is imminent.”

Well... your move Kimmy boi!

ABNAK
07-21-23, 21:16
They are blowhards.

You can bet, however, that any future hostile ChiCom activity against Taiwan will be joined locally by the Norks to pull our assets.

SteyrAUG
07-21-23, 21:24
Says the guy who in the past has launched missile over Japan and just a few day ago launched two in their direction which came down ocean between the two countries.

ThirdWatcher
07-22-23, 02:06
Go ahead fat boy, give the Kentucky a reason to light up the PRNK.

Alpha-17
07-22-23, 08:05
They are blowhards.

You can bet, however, that any future hostile ChiCom activity against Taiwan will be joined locally by the Norks to pull our assets.

Undoubtedly. The NK's have always been aware enough to know when it's the best time to make power plays. The DMZ Conflict comes to mind.

GH41
07-22-23, 19:26
I wonder what kind of assets we have keeping the sub safe.

tn1911
07-23-23, 10:05
I wonder what kind of assets we have keeping the sub safe.

I’m sure our ABM capabilities around the peninsula are quite robust and it’s not the Kentucky Kimmy should be worried about... it’s the one he can’t see that should concern him.

ThirdWatcher
07-24-23, 01:58
I put a lot of faith & trust in the ROK Navy. If it wasn’t for them (& the KCIA) I might not be here. (They interdicted a North Korean raid that was en route to hit our ADA Tac Site.)

sgtrock82
07-24-23, 11:35
Has anyone told Norf korea that our sub doesn't have to actually be sitting next door to rain nuclear hellfire onto them? It could do so dockside, from the US. They are physically no closer to feeling the heat of our nukes then they have been in decades, morons.

Sent from my BE2028 using Tapatalk

chuckman
07-24-23, 12:14
"Dear NK; the Kentucky is your Mulligan, your one opportunity to actually know we have a sub parked off your coast. What you don't see are the other five. Anyway, do have a nice day!"

Averageman
07-24-23, 20:11
Didn't we send Private Travis King up there to sort all of this out?

ABNAK
07-25-23, 17:44
Didn't we send Private Travis King up there to sort all of this out?

He was on a secret mission.

SteyrAUG
07-25-23, 18:30
He was on a secret mission.

Now he knows why they rushed him through his GLG20 training.

flenna
07-25-23, 19:04
Now he knows why they rushed him through his GLG20 training.

lowprone
07-26-23, 20:45
The way things are going we will see nucs unleashed in our lifetime , no doubt in my mind !

ThirdWatcher
07-27-23, 00:23
The way things are going we will see nucs unleashed in our lifetime , no doubt in my mind !

Yup, I’m afraid so. Most people don’t remember the Cuban Missile Crisis. I was just a kid living in Navy housing so it was pretty relevant in our corner of the World.