PDA

View Full Version : Hot weather pants?

czgunner
07-24-23, 19:46
I'm looking for some pants to run some classes in this summer. I'm back in school, so money isn't as easy right now. I'd like to stay under $150. Not sure if its a thing, but I use my 11.5 suppressed, and am concerned about the full synthetic pants melting to my legs.
First priority would be breath ability/cool. Next would be durability.
I sure appreciate any suggestions.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Inkslinger
07-24-23, 20:11
I’ve been wearing this for work for a few years. I don’t know if you’re interested in the zip off leg aspect of them, but pants and shorts in one…! I’ve never tested the against a suppressor, but they’re 22% polyester.

https://www.amazon.com/Carhartt-Force-Extremes-Convertible-Shadow/dp/B01DMFIPYW/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?crid=VD6UQGH89YAF&keywords=carhartt+convertible+pants&qid=1690247303&sprefix=carhartt+conv%2Caps%2C100&sr=8-3

Defaultmp3
07-24-23, 22:02
You could always get the IHWCU pants. They're not as cool running as some of my preferred pants, but those are more expensive and made of synthetics (Outdoor Research Ferrosi Pants, Patagonia Quandary). I use a pair of Propper IHWCU pants for SAR during summer; the ultralight softshells I use for climbing and hiking, where there's a lot less bushwacking involved.

Wake27
07-25-23, 03:36
You could always get the IHWCU pants. They're not as cool running as some of my preferred pants, but those are more expensive and made of synthetics (Outdoor Research Ferrosi Pants, Patagonia Quandary). I use a pair of Propper IHWCU pants for SAR during summer; the ultralight softshells I use for climbing and hiking, where there's a lot less bushwacking involved.

That’s a good idea, they’re definitely the best hot weather pants I’ve used for the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

GTF425
07-25-23, 09:03
Tru Spec Ascent pants are fantastic for hot weather.

Link (https://www.amazon.com/TRU-SPEC-Mens-24-7-Ascent-Pant/dp/B01FIKDQXO/ref=asc_df_B01FIKDQXO/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=650047208766&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1252147924310549809&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9011164&hvtargid=pla-872543064887&psc=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjw5f2lBhCkARIsAHeTvljjJby5fxyBluL-6LWI9djwwZwWuWN1rkj08qdHTopm7qQD-dvJdfoaAnU5EALw_wcB)

MegademiC
07-25-23, 09:25
Im a big fan of the fjallraven ventillated vidda pros.
Not sure about melting risk but they are mostly cotton.

czgunner
07-25-23, 10:15
So, it seems the light pants for summer are mostly synthetic. Am I over think things with suppressor contact and melting/burning?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

ST911
07-25-23, 10:52
Im a big fan of the fjallraven ventillated vidda pros.
Not sure about melting risk but they are mostly cotton.

Yes, those are excellent pants. Downside on the vents is no screen or perf'ed lining for protection from brush, bugs, or sun. You're literally wide open.

The ventilated and regular Vidda Pros will take a beating.

One of the things I really liked about the Truspec 24/7 Xpedition knockoff of the Viddas was that they had a screen material over the side and ankle vents for this reason. They are not a lightweight pant, but were solid. Now discontinued.

MegademiC
07-26-23, 08:17
Yes, those are excellent pants. Downside on the vents is no screen or perf'ed lining for protection from brush, bugs, or sun. You're literally wide open.

The ventilated and regular Vidda Pros will take a beating.

One of the things I really liked about the Truspec 24/7 Xpedition knockoff of the Viddas was that they had a screen material over the side and ankle vents for this reason. They are not a lightweight pant, but were solid. Now discontinued.

Yeah they have the mesh in the crotch and depending on where/what im doing, ill just open them for a few mins and close them back up.

It may be beneficial to add in some mosquito netting if you have a skill and need for it.

ST911
07-26-23, 08:29
Yeah they have the mesh in the crotch and depending on where/what im doing, ill just open them for a few mins and close them back up.

It may be beneficial to add in some mosquito netting if you have a skill and need for it.

Advantage to the Viddas is that there are no treatments or membranes you have to have to worry about penetrating or sealing if you mod or repair them. Just rewax to preference and drive on. Some spots can be harder to get a machine in but easy for a good sew shop.

R0331
08-01-23, 08:24
While I'm not sure how they will hold up if in contact with a suppressor. I have a couple pair of Prana Stretch Zion Pants that have been great. I wear them at the range and on hikes. Living in South Carolina I appreciate how quickly they dry and how lightweight they are. While they are expensive, I found my last pair on ebay for like $35.

You could also try the Kuhl Radikl pants. While not as light as the pranas they do add a bit more durability as they use different materials in higher impact areas with stretch sections in areas that require it (like crye combat pants).

Those are two that I have found work very well for my uses.