PDA

View Full Version : Geissele or Timney for duty/SWAT

cop1211
01-02-09, 17:01
Which one for a duty/SWAT rifle. The Geissele service, or Timney 4lbs.

Thanks for any help.

billybronco
01-02-09, 17:03
no doubt about it.

get the geissele.

assuming you can find one.

Lynn Freshly
01-02-09, 17:08
Get the Geissele and don't look back.

Lynn

TehLlama
01-04-09, 15:42
Geissele - no doubt about it.

I've got a Timney, and it's a great space trigger feel, but I don't see it faring that well submitted to duty use.

Sabre675
01-05-09, 03:41
Geissile, I've got the Timney as well. Timney is a crisper and lighter trigger, but the Geissile is pretty sweat and bomb proof.:cool:

imua
01-09-09, 21:07
If you are using it for duty I would be careful on modification of the trigger group. I would keep it stock on what weapon you have. Not unless your Dept. SOP lets you modify your weapon then ok. If you get into a shooting incident usually your weapon will be inspected by the Defence attorny and it could get very ugly.

Most agencies in Kali, usually want the weapon parts stock, with exception of optics and other external parts. In my agency we can only use dept. issue optics and lights. We cannot even put on vertical grips. :mad:

sinister
01-09-09, 21:45
Why do you think you NEED a 2-stage trigger for a duty carbine?

A tuned single-stage trigger will re-set faster for rapid fire at Close Combat distances.

The two-stage will excel at ranges exceeding 200 Meters or when you need extreme accuracy.

cobra90gt
01-09-09, 22:00
...If you are using it for duty I would be careful on modification of the trigger group. I would keep it stock on what weapon you have. Not unless your Dept. SOP lets you modify your weapon...

+1 Please, please, please make sure your department's firearms/rifle policy allows for the change first.

I too, would hate to see an attorney (or department brass for that matter) put a fellow brother through the ringer once they learned you altered your firearm contrary to the department firearm/rifle policy.

MisterWilson
01-09-09, 22:09
I guess it's the new 5th rule of firearm safety?

Thou shalt not put a match trigger in a duty weapon.