PDA

View Full Version : SA 35 issues resolved?

1986s4
08-07-23, 08:56
So I went to my LGS recently and they had a SA 35 in the case. It was my first experience with this new Springfield offering but not the BHP. I've owned several BHP's but never kept them long. The rough trigger with the mag disconnect, small sights and hammer bite caused me to turn away.
SA seems to have addressed these issues in my handling of the pistol so I'm interested. But, I've read and seen about extraction issues that need to be addressed with a new extractor and spring. IMO a pistol should work right out of the box without having to replace parts. So if the issues persist then I'll pass.
I've looked for recent honest reviews but no luck. Do any of you have any experience with the newest edition? Has SA fixed the extraction issue?

Regards and thanks.

Slater
08-07-23, 09:00
I'd be interested too. The Girsan iteration seems to have less issues than Springfield.

Sam
08-07-23, 11:56
I bought the SA35 in November of 22. Mine shot to point of aim out to 25 yards, had zero malfunction in just under 1000 rounds. This is a sample of one, but it seemed that they fixed the extraction issue.

I sold it in April as part of my clearing the herd program.

I would buy it over the Girsan.

1986s4
08-07-23, 16:41
I bought the SA35 in November of 22. Mine shot to point of aim out to 25 yards, had zero malfunction in just under 1000 rounds. This is a sample of one, but it seemed that they fixed the extraction issue.

I sold it in April as part of my clearing the herd program.

I would buy it over the Girsan.

Thanks, this is what I was looking for, granted yours is a sample of one it is a positive sign.

C-grunt
08-07-23, 17:35
From what I gathered reading about the issue, it seems like it ws more of a fit and finish issue that a design problem issue. The videos I saw showed the extractor was catching on rough edges on the channel in the slide. If that ended up being the only problem, granted I havent looked into it since they first came out, then it should be a pretty simple fix for Springfield.

Slater
08-07-23, 18:34
Yeah, I would imagine that the Hi-Power design would be pretty well established by now.

sierra 223
08-07-23, 18:56
Don't have personal experience but have been keeping track. What I have been reading lately is promising, I would like one at some point if they get it worked out and proves to be a serious and durable pistol.

Alpha-17
08-08-23, 07:59
For whatever reason, we didn't get any of the SA35s until recently at work. I don't know how many have sold, but none have come back in for warranty work yet. Probably a good sign. Very curious to hear if they did fix the early problems. I figured that the attempt to fix them is what was keeping them relatively rare, but that that's pure speculation. I've been eyeballing one, because it has a very classic look, without many of the issues I complained about.

Slater
08-08-23, 11:00
An Internet search reveals some interesting (though anecdotal, of course) issues. One fellow was getting two-and three-shot bursts out of his.

CPM
08-21-23, 09:07
An Internet search reveals some interesting (though anecdotal, of course) issues. One fellow was getting two-and three-shot bursts out of his.

How much is extra do you have to pay for that?