PDA

View Full Version : 15 years with the Charles Daly M4LE

crusader377
08-20-23, 12:01
I wanted to make a post about my "Old Reliable" Charles Daly M4LE. I have owned this rifle for 15 years now and it has been a great rifle and it is still my "go to" rifle if anything goes bump in the night. For brief background the Charles Daly M4LE was a Colt 6920 clone produced around 2008-2011. I purchased it for $900 back in the summer of 2008. At the time, the rifle was rated extremely well and had most of the features of the Colt 6920 for alot less money (at the time Colt 6920s were close to $1300). When I purchased it, it was a base rifle with just a carry handle which I ordered separately.

Currently it is fitted with the following:

1) Aimpoint Comp C3
2) Troy Delta Rail
3) Inforce Weaponlight
4) Matech BUIS
5) Vickers Sling
6) Magpul MOE Stock

Overall Observations:

1) Great rifle- capable of firing a wide variety of ammunition with 100% reliability. (Has never had a weapon rated jam in 7-8K rounds fired
2) Very good practical accuracy: Most M193 ammo shoots about 2 MOA with some higher quality match rounds doing much better than that. Longest range that I fired this rifle was 300M which I was making consistant solid torso hits on the target approx 80-90% of the time using just the aimpoint.
3) Although the 16" carbine is a little dated configuration wise, I still feel very comfortable that I can protect my family with the rifle.

ST911
08-20-23, 16:35
I remember the Charles Daly rep was active here for awhile, and a bunch of members ended up with guns. There was also a stripped lower buy at one point.

RUTGERS95
08-20-23, 17:34
I remember the Charles Daly rep was active here for awhile, and a bunch of members ended up with guns. There was also a stripped lower buy at one point.

whatever happened to charles daly

slimedog
08-22-23, 19:29
That was my first AR. I picked it up in 2008 just before Obama took office, when Colt 6920s were pretty hard to find. It's been flawless over thousands of rounds. It looks like I have exactly the same optic setup - a Comp C3 in an ADM mount. As I recall, that was a package from Aim Surplus. It has the nicest finish of any AR I've ever owned. It's been retired from front line duty, but still has a place of honor in the safe.

I believe Charles Daly went of of business for a while. They appear to be back now, mostly selling shotguns.

markm
08-23-23, 09:36
1) Aimpoint Comp C3

Eff Aimpoint for no longer offering this or the Comp M3. I have one C3, but wish I could get another pair of them.

hotbiggun42
08-25-23, 21:56
I owned one. Very shiny rifle. I cant remember who built them for CD but i do know they were overpriced.

crusader377
08-26-23, 11:14
I owned one. Very shiny rifle. I cant remember who built them for CD but i do know they were overpriced.

I disagree, at the time I think the CD M4LE was a hidden gem and offered great value for the money. According to the Chart which was in circulation on this website at the time, only the Noveske, Colt, and LMT were better rifles and all of them were 25% to 50% more money.

Remember back in 2008, there were no BCM, DD, Sionics, SOLGW, etc... that were producing complete rifles so the options for a quality rifle were fewer.

prepare
08-26-23, 11:31
I wanted to make a post about my "Old Reliable" Charles Daly M4LE. I have owned this rifle for 15 years now and it has been a great rifle and it is still my "go to" rifle if anything goes bump in the night. For brief background the Charles Daly M4LE was a Colt 6920 clone produced around 2008-2011. I purchased it for $900 back in the summer of 2008. At the time, the rifle was rated extremely well and had most of the features of the Colt 6920 for alot less money (at the time Colt 6920s were close to $1300). When I purchased it, it was a base rifle with just a carry handle which I ordered separately.

Currently it is fitted with the following:

1) Aimpoint Comp C3
2) Troy Delta Rail
3) Inforce Weaponlight
4) Matech BUIS
5) Vickers Sling
6) Magpul MOE Stock

Overall Observations:

1) Great rifle- capable of firing a wide variety of ammunition with 100% reliability. (Has never had a weapon rated jam in 7-8K rounds fired
2) Very good practical accuracy: Most M193 ammo shoots about 2 MOA with some higher quality match rounds doing much better than that. Longest range that I fired this rifle was 300M which I was making consistant solid torso hits on the target approx 80-90% of the time using just the aimpoint.
3) Although the 16" carbine is a little dated configuration wise, I still feel very comfortable that I can protect my family with the rifle.

How long have you been running that Inforce light?

Stickman
08-26-23, 19:22
My Charles Daly LE carbine was used a fair amount, and is now in use by a military buddy who needed a carbine at home. Never any issues.

CD had some lower level models in their lineup, but they wanted to make a carbine that would rival Colt. Their product did well, but CD restructured for lack of a better term, and the driving force behind the AR15 lineup retired.

crusader377
08-26-23, 20:01
How long have you been running that Inforce light?

About 5 years. A good piece of kit. Does what I need it to do.

crusader377
09-05-23, 23:45
Eff Aimpoint for no longer offering this or the Comp M3. I have one C3, but wish I could get another pair of them.

Markm, Hasn't the aimpoint pro replaced the M3 and C3? What are the advantages and disadvantages of each?

markm
09-06-23, 10:54
Markm, Hasn't the aimpoint pro replaced the M3 and C3? What are the advantages and disadvantages of each?

The PRO is a cheapo version of the C3. I had both the PRO and C3 at one point and sold the PRO. A correct price/value for the PRO is $250 full retail. I could tolerate that mediocrity at that price. I can't pay $400 for something not as good as the Sig Romeo china sight.

lowprone
09-10-23, 10:25
I have the LE top of the line carbine still NIB .

ltstanfo01
09-15-23, 21:06
Hello,

New member here… first post. I recently acquired a Daly M4LE and while it was sold as used, it could pass for new. I’ve only put 400rds through it so far but absolutely flawless.

Question please… mine did not have the carry handle with it. Might someone have one they are willing to part with? I know I could buy a generic but if a Daly carry handle might be available, I’d prefer to source that.

Thank you,
Ltstanfo

Hank6046
09-15-23, 22:42
Hello,

New member here… first post. I recently acquired a Daly M4LE and while it was sold as used, it could pass for new. I’ve only put 400rds through it so far but absolutely flawless.

Question please… mine did not have the carry handle with it. Might someone have one they are willing to part with? I know I could buy a generic but if a Daly carry handle might be available, I’d prefer to source that.

Thank you,
Ltstanfo

https://bravocompany-usa.com/bcm-ar-15-carry-handle-milspec-height/

If you want a 8/3 windage, you need to source it yourself otherwise there are 70k options for the AR aiming devises. Have fun and let us know how it goes.

SeriousStudent
09-16-23, 21:58

Yup, I was one of them. I bought four of those stripped lowers. All were well within spec, and they built up nicely. I match them with a BCM blem upper receiver, and they made great guns. I still have one CD lower mated to a suppressed Tac-Sol .22 upper, and it is a terrific teaching gun.

MarshallDodge
09-16-23, 23:58
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?14400-Charles-Daly-D-M4LE-(2000-rounds)&highlight=charles%20daly

A lot of old names in that thread, including rob_s who created The Chart

alexiv
10-13-23, 14:36
The Charles Daly M4LE is indeed a great rifle, and it's fantastic to hear that you owned one in the past. The idea of getting one again certainly holds promise. Reconnecting with a trusted and well-liked firearm can be an exciting endeavor. Reaching out to charles daly customer service (https://charles-daly.pissedconsumer.com/customer-service.html) is a smart move. They can provide you with valuable information and assistance in your quest to acquire the rifle once more. They might have the latest models or be able to guide you in the right direction to find one that suits your needs and preferences.

andre3k
10-13-23, 17:03
I remember when those were popular here.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

ffhounddog
10-14-23, 10:36
I remember when those were popular here.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

I moved the upper to a Aero Precision lower and SBR'ed the lower. It is now riding my 12.5 lightweight SBR upper Daniel Defense.