PDA

View Full Version : Y'all wanna go in on an aircraft together?

chuckman
08-21-23, 07:45
A joint buy? Some great aircraft on this site.

https://www.platinumfighters.com/

Alex V
08-21-23, 09:33
I'll just wait till I win the lottery so I can buy myself a PC-12NGX :-D

mack7.62
08-21-23, 10:23
I'll just wait till I win the lottery so I can buy myself a PC-12NGX :-D

I want the gunship version of the PC-6 myself, I think the leaflet dispenser is a nice touch "Hello, you've just been blown away by XXX) maybe you can set it to dispense Ace of Spade's playing cards.

The Porter, designated AU-23A, was fitted with a side-firing 20mm M197 electric cannon, four wing pylons and a center fuselage station for external ordnance. The 20mm cannon was essentially a three-barrel version of the M61 Vulcan 6-barrel 20mm cannon. The aircraft could carry a variety of ordnance including forward-firing gun pods, 500 and 250 pounds (230 and 110 kg) bombs, napalm units, cluster bomb units, flares, rockets, smoke grenades and leaflet dispensers.

Gabriel556
08-21-23, 12:31
That’s a cool broker site. I know some people in the warbird community and have been around some of these as privately held aircraft long enough to know the acquisition cost is just like a gun. If you use it you will spend far more in care and feeding. These figures are just the tip of tie iceberg but it’s fun to dream (for me anyways).

The PC-12 is a great family flying Suburban.

Diamondback
08-21-23, 12:38
I'd be in for that if I had a winning Powerball ticket... though my personal pref would be a TA-4 as "sportscar" and an EA-6B Prowler as "family truckster."

sgtrock82
08-21-23, 14:01
I just read something about that B-25, was asking only $2,000,000! I Thought that was a bargain as mustangs regularly sell for more than that and are more common. Cost of ownership is probably terrifying though, and likely a major factor.

Sent from my BE2028 using Tapatalk

StainlessSteelRat
08-21-23, 14:02
A Supermarine Seafire or deHavilland Mosquito would be awesome.

glocktogo
08-21-23, 14:17
That deHavilland Beaver float plane would be awesome for weekend getaways! Love me some classic radial soundtrack! Rig it to carry a couple of powered fishing kayaks and go have a blast away from the crowds! :)

SteyrAUG
08-21-23, 16:09
A Supermarine Seafire or deHavilland Mosquito would be awesome.

Aren't both mostly made of wood?

Diamondback
08-21-23, 16:23
If we're gonna pipedream... gimme a retired B-1B Lancer. First thing we're doing is taking the engines of four F-35s, yielding 65% more available power. Add four more F135s blended into the upper fuselage with drivelines to F-35 lift fans mounted in the former forward bomb bay, cut an access tunnel from cockpit to mid, and fit a small apartment, garage and vehicle elevator into the mid and rear bays.

A very long-range Flying Winnebago with VTOL capability... and a pretty fast and maneuverable one for its size, with the bonus of no need for hotel and rental-car expenses. :D

StainlessSteelRat
08-21-23, 16:38
Aren't both mostly made of wood?

Yeah, both. Wood frames covered with thin aluminum sheeting. Surprisingly there are a few of both left. No airworthy Mosquito though. I always thought both were cool. I'll throw in a Thunderbolt on my wishlist.

SteyrAUG
08-21-23, 17:03
Yeah, both. Wood frames covered with thin aluminum sheeting. Surprisingly there are a few of both left. No airworthy Mosquito though. I always thought both were cool. I'll throw in a Thunderbolt on my wishlist.

I always dug the Mosquito for it's lines, it's like they tuned the Spitfire into a bomber. And while light an agile, I can't imagine getting shot up in a wood frame.

StainlessSteelRat
08-21-23, 17:15
I always dug the Mosquito for it's lines, it's like they tuned the Spitfire into a bomber. And while light an agile, I can't imagine getting shot up in a wood frame.

Its just crazy how far tech went just from 1935 to 45. Biplanes to jets, radar, etc. Fascinating time in history.

Gabriel556
08-21-23, 22:20
I just read something about that B-25, was asking only $2,000,000! I Thought that was a bargain as mustangs regularly sell for more than that and are more common. Cost of ownership is probably terrifying though, and likely a major factor.

Figure $10k per flight hour, before you get insurance. There’s a guy in Mason City, IA that can get you signed off in it, but he’d only do that if you’ve mastered the plane.