PDA

View Full Version : Wilson Combat BCG blem

greg1147
08-21-23, 15:22
Picked up a BCG from Wilson and just went to use it found that the cam pin is a bitch to remove and has a interference issue with the gas key
or carrier/bolt alignment. Any one else find this problem. Contacted Wilson figure they will take care of it.
TIA Greg

Update- got a RMA and shipping label from Wilson

Stickman
08-21-23, 15:26
How does the cam pin interfere with the key?

JediGuy
08-21-23, 16:03
Earlier (this year?), WC released a metric ton of nonfunctional BCG’s as “blems.” If just return it if they let you.

TMS951
08-21-23, 16:13
Earlier (this year?), WC released a metric ton of nonfunctional BCG’s as “blems.” If just return it if they let you.

Wow, if true what a dirt bag move. Blemished means still works, but not pretty.

markm
08-21-23, 17:19
Wow, if true what a dirt bag move. Blemished means still works, but not pretty.

Hey! It's the name and prestige of ownership that you're buying. Not function.

greg1147
08-21-23, 17:56
How does the cam pin interfere with the key?
Key won't slide into the Carrier and bolt, looks as though part of the gas key tube is keeping the cam pin from lining up.
There is a section under the tube that looks to be a support I circled the area.

RUTGERS95
08-21-23, 23:28
was a major douche move by wilson, lost me as a customer

spoke to the rep as I returned mine and he told me more than half were coming back! cotter pins jammed in and bent preventing firing pin from working, wrong cut in the cam channel, tool marks and more

bolts looked great however

greg1147
08-22-23, 13:04
was a major douche move by wilson, lost me as a customer

spoke to the rep as I returned mine and he told me more than half were coming back! cotter pins jammed in and bent preventing firing pin from working, wrong cut in the cam channel, tool marks and more

bolts looked great however

Did they replace it or refund?

BTW I did offer to send it to School of American Rifle on Youtube they declined.

RUTGERS95
08-22-23, 13:12
Did they replace it or refund?

BTW I did offer to send it to School of American Rifle on Youtube they declined.

they took it back and then waited to refund. That too was bs. They should have said keep it, send in the pics and then we'll refund. Just all around $hitty way to handle things

between that fiasco, the recent barrel issues and the way they handled it with me I'm done with them. No way someone didn't know what they were sending out, just no way and the rep on the phone all but admitted it

greg1147
08-22-23, 13:24
they took it back and then waited to refund. That too was bs. They should have said keep it, send in the pics and then we'll refund. Just all around $hitty way to handle things

between that fiasco, the recent barrel issues and the way they handled it with me I'm done with them. No way someone didn't know what they were sending out, just no way and the rep on the phone all but admitted it

I am little annoyed they didn't send out emails to customers after they found out the issue. Being Wilson Combat and all.
From Wilson Combat:
I just wanted to let you know that I have submitted your BCG to the shop for service repair. Your invoice number is listed below.

Got it back and runs as it should
thanks WC.