PDA

View Full Version : Firing .50 BMG in a Semi-Auto Shotgun

WillBrink
08-23-23, 08:09
Why men die young, but if a rnd will fit in a chamber, some dude will try it, figuratively and literally:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NX9hi0ZrKMA

Clint
08-23-23, 10:12
Seems totally safe, LOL!

AndyLate
08-23-23, 11:07
Garand Thumb did it in a video as well. I am not brave enough.

Andy

sgtrock82
08-23-23, 11:16
These videos were terrible ideas.

I find it amusing that the same folks who have to do some song and dance to constantly remind the (mouth breather)audience that guns are unloaded and no one is behind the camera being pointed at...then turn around and do stuff like this. It literally encourages morons to undertake similar experiments when they are not mentally equipped to do so

And I'm the guy who usually rolling his eyes over excess safety theatre.

Sent from my BE2028 using Tapatalk

kerplode
08-23-23, 11:28

I find it amusing that the same folks who have to do some song and dance to constantly remind the (mouth breather)audience that guns are unloaded and no one is behind the camera being pointed at...then turn around and do stuff like this. It literally encourages morons to undertake similar experiments when they are not mentally equipped to do so

And I'm the guy who usually rolling his eyes over excess safety theatre.

Sent from my BE2028 using Tapatalk

I know, right!

My luck, I'd be minding my own business at the range when one of our standard pickle-brained, room-temp IQ, locals decides to try this with his shitty Turkish bullpup shotgun.

Just another reason to immediately pack and leave anytime anyone else shows up out there...

Coal Dragger
08-23-23, 17:23
Yep.

I closely observe what other shooters are shooting, and how they’re handling their firearms before I commit to staying at the range. There’s lots of tards out there, but they handily self identify themselves.

My list of firearms/gear that will make me pack up and leave or not get set up at all:

1.) Hi-Point products.

2.) Kel-Tec products.

3.) SKS variants.

4.) AK variants.

5.) Shooters wearing camouflage and it’s not hunting season. Camo is the year round uniform of the tard.

6.) Shooters wearing a many pocketed vest that aren’t shooting a shotgun at moving clay targets. The old man tactical pocket nonsense vest is the summer casual uniform of the tards.

7.) Old communist block weirdo clunker guns. They’re always owned by a creepy weirdo wearing a tard uniform that wants to visit while being unsafe with their janky communism dispenser.

8.) Anything that is cap and ball, black powder, or muzzle loading being used by someone I don’t know to be competent. I’ve observed too much dumb shit with tards wielding muzzle loaders.

SteyrAUG
08-23-23, 20:34
People need to stop clicking on retards.

1_click_off
08-24-23, 06:03
Had a kid a few bays down that was shooting guns with the friends he brought. The kid was obviously one that had been first Gen babysat by his parents iPad and his friends had never shot before. Kid has on aviators, tank top, running shorts AND leather gloves. He is shooting a AE 50cal and every round is ejecting the spent case into his forehead. Like to the point he is bleeding. I wanted to stay to watch the show, but not bad enough to get shot.

Hush
08-24-23, 08:32

It literally encourages morons to undertake similar experiments when they are not mentally equipped to do so

That could lead to *gasp* LESS morons. Seems like a win to me.

markm
08-24-23, 08:50

AMEN!!

I absolutely avoid all youtube gun video as much as humanly possible. Quit making morons money by watching this shit.

robbins290
08-24-23, 14:20
Yep.

I closely observe what other shooters are shooting, and how they’re handling their firearms before I commit to staying at the range. There’s lots of tards out there, but they handily self identify themselves.

My list of firearms/gear that will make me pack up and leave or not get set up at all:

1.) Hi-Point products.

2.) Kel-Tec products.

3.) SKS variants.

4.) AK variants.

5.) Shooters wearing camouflage and it’s not hunting season. Camo is the year round uniform of the tard.

6.) Shooters wearing a many pocketed vest that aren’t shooting a shotgun at moving clay targets. The old man tactical pocket nonsense vest is the summer casual uniform of the tards.

7.) Old communist block weirdo clunker guns. They’re always owned by a creepy weirdo wearing a tard uniform that wants to visit while being unsafe with their janky communism dispenser.

8.) Anything that is cap and ball, black powder, or muzzle loading being used by someone I don’t know to be competent. I’ve observed too much dumb shit with tards wielding muzzle loaders.

I am offended, I have an SKS, an AK and almost all of my shorts are the camo cargo type. Guess I am glad I own my own range.

SteyrAUG
08-25-23, 05:11
Yep.

1.) Hi-Point products.

2.) Kel-Tec products.

3.) SKS variants.

4.) AK variants.

I got a KelTec P11 someplace.
Always wanted a Russian laminate SKS.
I have something like a dozen or so AKs.
As a dealer I get BDUs at cost and have been known to wear Flecktarn in the wrong season.
I have a few multi pocket reporters vest, when I'm shooting I can have a bunch of junk with me rather than back on the line.

I guess you can't shoot with me.

grizzman
08-25-23, 11:21

They also need to stop trying to convince others to do it.

SteyrAUG
08-25-23, 16:19
They also need to stop trying to convince others to do it.

If you want to click on Kentucky Ballistics, and provide them more funding, so they do more "stupid people doing stupid things with guns" videos, that's up to you.

I personally think they don't need a platform and every time somebody blows up a .50 in their face because they are using the wrong gun / wrong ammo it does become a tool for any gun grabber with even the slightest amount of intelligence who will then fold all this data into the narrative that "firearms are inherently dangerous to everyone, the public and even the user and as such should be viewed as a public safety issue rather than a personal rights / civil rights issue."

But sadly there is no shortage of idiots who want to look at the "it's shiny" and it doesn't take much to come up with jackass stunts that generate clicks. For some people out there, that is their actual job / income. Let's make "what happens when you shoot at a car underwater with a .50"

Also provides YT and other content providers a plausible "safety concern issue" to ban all of these channels and then "just to be safe" every channel about firearms.