PDA

View Full Version : How to find otu when a PWA lower was assembled? live in MA

notchstang92
01-03-09, 16:51
I have a chance to buy a pre ban PWA lower. I verified the serial # on the lower and its a pre ban, but I don't konw when it was put together into a gun. I know PWA sold lowers and AR15 kits that you put together yourself. They are out of business and I would love a pre ban lower so I'm not bound by the MA AWB restrictions of no more than 2 "evils"

Anyone know how to find out this particular lower's assembly date? I would also like to get some type of documentation to prove its a true pre ban.

How would I go about doing this. Could I go to LMT and ask them? Didn't they buy up PWA?

Abraxas
01-03-09, 16:59
I have a chance to buy a pre ban PWA lower. I verified the serial # on the lower and its a pre ban, but I don't konw when it was put together into a gun. I know PWA sold lowers and AR15 kits that you put together yourself. They are out of business and I would love a pre ban lower so I'm not bound by the MA AWB restrictions of no more than 2 "evils"

Anyone know how to find out this particular lower's assembly date? I would also like to get some type of documentation to prove its a true pre ban.

How would I go about doing this. Could I go to LMT and ask them? Didn't they buy up PWA?

If you have already verified the SN and that it is a pre-ban, what does it matter?You should be good ,the lower is the only thing that matters, unless MA has some other weird clause that I am unaware of

notchstang92
01-03-09, 17:08
If you have already verified the SN and that it is a pre-ban, what does it matter?You should be good ,the lower is the only thing that matters, unless MA has some other weird clause that I am unaware of

The lower is pre ban for sure. I think I need to know the date it was assembled to be able to enjoy the benefits of a pre ban lower in MA.

miserai
01-03-09, 18:20
there is no way to tell when it was assembled, the only way to know would be to check out if it was in mass the time of its assembled and whoever put it together did mail in an fa-10. alot of people dont know they need to, and even if they did i dont think regular individuals have access to those records. i would just go by the serial number, cause no matter what there is no way to be sure when it was assembled.

are you purchasing it from a private individual or from a dealer?

Telperion
01-03-09, 19:46
Whose burden of proof is it to show when it was first assembled? Will that party be able to make the burden of proof?

notchstang92
01-03-09, 20:28
there is no way to tell when it was assembled, the only way to know would be to check out if it was in mass the time of its assembled and whoever put it together did mail in an fa-10. alot of people dont know they need to, and even if they did i dont think regular individuals have access to those records. i would just go by the serial number, cause no matter what there is no way to be sure when it was assembled.

are you purchasing it from a private individual or from a dealer?

Dealer has it. He is selling it as a pre ban lower and he has a pre ban upper to go with it. I just know the law says it has to be a gun prior to 94 in order to be a legal pre ban.

miserai
01-03-09, 20:49
well i dont think that it would be possible to know when a gun from any company that sold stripped lowers was assembled. the only possible way to know i think would be to have a copy of the original fa-10 when the gun was sold or assembled.

notchstang92
01-04-09, 08:29
well i dont think that it would be possible to know when a gun from any company that sold stripped lowers was assembled. the only possible way to know i think would be to have a copy of the original fa-10 when the gun was sold or assembled.

Would there be any way to do this? If I had the original FA10 or probaby any FA10 showing it was a gun prior to the ban I'd have what I need. I just keep hearing that shops have guns advetised as pre ban and they really aren't. I don't want to get stuck w/ a pre ban serial # on a post ban gun.

miserai
01-04-09, 14:39
i dont think there is a way to obtain one, unless you know some one that owned that gun and they still have their copy of it cause i doubt that the CSHB is going to give that info out.

ive allways just just gone by the serial numbers cause there is no way to be sure weather or not it was a gun or just a receiver